U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What plans has God had for you in your life past and your life to come?

Preparing my life for a Christ-like lifestyle and living by His Word and Spirit.

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who does that verse apply to? Who was it written to, and why?

When I was in the WoF movement I was sure it applied to us and was a guarantee that everything would be great and wonderful.

Very dangerous to take promises given to Israel and try to apply them to ourselves.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is one of my favourite scripture passages. It's so hopeful. Whatever happens in this world, God has something better planned for us.
Good verse. It's so important for us to consider how we ought to be in the current of God's will according to the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God certainly has plans for us as those who love and serve Him. He reminded Jeremiah of this (Jeremiah 29:10 -11) Plans for the welfare of the people of God to give them a future and a hope. It was addressed to Israel,but is applicable to God's spiritual elect now,as is v.13,to 'seek and find'.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Let us realise afresh,as those who love the LORD,that God has plans for us,not to harm us or bring disaster but to do us good eternally. We face trials now,but there is glory to come. 'He is working everything together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose'. Are we surrendered to His will? Are we co-operating with Him in first place? Ready to be used by Him for His glory?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our earthly time: "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:" (Eph 1:4) "For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that." (James 4:15). "Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;" (Job 14:5).

Our earthly lives are recorded in heaven:
There are numerous books in heaven including the Lamb's book of life (Philippians 4:3; Rev 3:5, 13:8, 17:8, 20:12, 22:19) and the book of remembrance that includes our thoughts about Yahweh (Mal 3:16). "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." II Cor 5:10 We don't do good works or deeds to earn salvation but as the RESULT of being His.

Additional books are there and includes the following:
"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." Rev 20:12

"But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect," Heb 12:22-23

"The Lord shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah." Psa 87:6 "Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?" Psa 56:8

Our earthly lives are in Yahweh's books.

Last edited:
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What plans has God had for you in your life past and your life to come?

God planned that I would lose many family members to accidental deaths and making me an alcoholic before speaking into my Mind one evening that changed my life for eternity. After 37 years since I heard His voice, I have sobered up, stopped smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day, been married and had two sons, went through a divorce, two bankruptcies, been involved in a pagan religion for nine years, read the New Testament for 33 months, had my body put to the ground 8 times during the justification process, been forced to move away from my family, friends and work, and then forced to start testifying to the knowledge of Christ until I learned who I AM a month ago. Now I know the future clearly but to describe the future takes belief on the part of all those who listen to My voice and obey My commandments.

• Friendly
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The popular application of this verse (Jer. 29:11) has always bothered me. It's slathered on thousands of plaques in people's homes to give them hope that God is in control and that He will tend to our good future.

The context of the verse as written, though, is something else altogether. Israel is about to be taken captive by the Babylonians. They're going to lose all that they have, be uprooted from their homes, and taken to a foreign land to live out the rest of their lives. Then, their *descendants* will be allowed to return to the homeland and start lives anew.

Yes, it is a promise of God for a future blessing, but the blessing will apply to the descendants of those to whom the prophecy was given. It should also be noted that this was given to the Israelites, not the church or to individuals.

Personally, I don't see it as a verse of comfort that we can claim today. But I'd be glad to have someone correct me.

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now I know the future clearly but to describe the future takes belief on the part of all those who listen to My voice and obey My commandments

Now Your commanding us? I'm listening to your voice...what are Your commandments?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here's a few additional Scriptures:
"Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." Isa 43:7
-"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way." Psa 37:23
-"A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps." Prov 16:9
-"There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand." Prov 19:21
-"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them" Psa 139:13-16 ++++

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's a few additional Scriptures:
"Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." Isa 43:7
-"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way." Psa 37:23
-"A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps." Prov 16:9
-"There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand." Prov 19:21
-"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them" Psa 139:13-16 ++++
Great verses, and very comforting as now I am in a period where I'm needing a new job. It helps to be reminded that God is directing the outcome so long as I seek His will.

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now Your commanding us? I'm listening to your voice...what are Your commandments?

All the knowledge of Christ ( Gospel of God ) that I speak to all who were chosen to believe which contains the knowledge to understand the hidden things from created MAN.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Mark 1
14: Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God,
15: and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel."

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great verses, and very comforting as now I am in a period where I'm needing a new job. It helps to be reminded that God is directing the outcome so long as I seek His will.

Why do you need to seek something the Lord is giving you to experience life with? Each moment you experience life is what is given you to live.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you need to seek something the Lord is giving you to experience life with? Each moment you experience life is what is given you to live.
I don't know if your question is rhetorical or not, but I don't think living life is 100% God and 0% me. I have a part to play. For example, I need to be actively looking for a job as I trust God for the outcome. I just can't lie on the couch all day waiting for a job to come to me.

Upvote 0