United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gulf Oscar Delta was the standard answer to "who gave permission to fire?"
Yeah, cenimo, but Golf Oscar Delta also spells G-O-D. :) That's what I was getting at.

And AF radio traffic was usually totally different from you ground guys.

"Eagle leader to Eagle flight: on my signal, orbit niner-zero degrees and follow my lead for final combat run, be prepeared to expend all remaining, over."

"Barrier Six, request a trap recheck at the BAK Twelve."

"Tower, this is Four-Four, I request access to the Two-One runway at the south overrun, over."

"Double R, this is Tower, we have an in-flight emergency on a C-141, inbound at fifteen miles, there are twelve souls repeat, one-two souls on board. Stand by for immediate dispatch."

Speaking of radio com, I remember plowing snow one time on Taxiway Nine at Elmendorf AFB; it was snowing to beat the band, middle of the night, and all of a sudden, we looked up and in front and overhead of us there was the prettiest blaze of lights you ever saw. My driver said, "What the h--- is that?", and I yelled, "That's an aircraft!"

He jerked the wheel as fast as he could crank it, and we ended up ditching the plow in a taxiway island; the aircraft went past us in this whipping whirl of snow, and instantly, the radio crackled, "Maintenance Three-Six, Tower."

I picked up the mike and said, "Three-Six, Tower, go ahead." The ATC said, "Be advised of the C-141 southbound on Taxiway Nine due your position."

I looked at my driver and he looked at me, and I said, "Roger that, Tower, we have our traffic, thank you."

That was a case of someobody up in the tower who wasn't paying attention and was just a shade slow on the draw.....and we could have been killed because of it.

Fortunately, I am still here. :)

Upvote 0

Sonshines

~Shepherd Girl~
Nov 8, 2002
Visit site
✟202.00
Faith
Baptist
Go buggy Go....

Tweak away!

twas the night during shut down, and all through the room not a puter was humming not even the mouse. When what did my eyes re open to see, but good' ole' Buggy booting up the puter. From out in a flash my eyes did see but my puter was tweaked in a tweekle of an eye. Then from a distance my ears could hear, my puter zipping fast & no more long waits.
As I went to thank Buggy, he was gone in a flash, for all I could see was a bright tweekle of a puter sillutte in the sky!
:clap:

Ok .. I need a mocha!!!:)

And I am also jazzed that you have the Prayer Warrior up and running......Add me to your list.......starting with help in poems LOL :eek:

Upvote 0

cenimo

Jesus Had A 12 Man A-Team
Mar 17, 2002
To your right
Visit site
✟10,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gulf Oscar Delta spells GOD.

that's what I was getting at       :)

Hopefully no one would dare question it!

Great story wols, now where's the sneezle icon! Ya got me, ya made me sneezle with that one! 

:sneezle:

Upvote 0

Buggyman

<marquee behavior=scroll direction=left scrollamou
LOL @ SonSine.. shall I make it an unspoken? ;)

Hi MichaelFJF :wave: glad you found this Wonderful place. (no I don't think you can use that sig here either ;) )

cenimo,
One of these days I'm gonna figure you out. :confused:

Now.. I heard something about Mocha??? I think I'll settle for an mug of COFFEE!!!

Buggy :angel:

Upvote 0

cenimo

Jesus Had A 12 Man A-Team
Mar 17, 2002
To your right
Visit site
✟10,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Michael

The natives are friendly here&nbsp;&nbsp; :)

&nbsp;

Christina25

Thanks for the kind words...glad you're here

:blush:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :)

&nbsp;

buggyman

not sure what you mean about figuring me out!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;:)

great witnessing "over yonder" by the way!&nbsp;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Buggyman

<marquee behavior=scroll direction=left scrollamou
cenimo,
Just kidding with you. as for the last line.. I'm done. There will be no more. I be setting up shop here from now on. ;)
Like My New Sig?

Christina25,
You are ever so sweet .. Hang around, these People are great! even the Moderators {{ ;) @ Michie}}

Michael.. Talk to me! :D

Buggy :angel:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.