For all eternity - "From Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before God to Worship"

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
SHALOM EG :)
. I saw that Sabbath keeping was instructed BEFORE the Mosaic Covenant.

AFTER YHWH drew me to HIMSELF, (by SURPRISE ! ) (after almost 2 decades raised and living a perfect LCMS LIFE (with inclinations to be a 'pastor' there even) )
AFTER READING PRAYERFULLY and FERVENTLY and "DEVOURING RAVENOUSLY"(so to speak, humanly) eager for Y'SHUA'S VOICE, TRAINGING and GUIDANCE as PROMISED IN HIS WORD OVER AND OVER,
AFTER giving up everything to be HIS DISCIPLE, willingly and joyously,
AFTER receiving HIS GIFT (the SAME as Y'SHUA'S DISCIPLES IN NT):
"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"
Y'SHUA HIMSELF first taught me then after a long time disciplined me
to observe HIS SABBATH as in "work six days, and on the 7th day CEASE"...
(it was many years later BEFORE I FOUND any SABBATH KEEPERS,
and yes, they are RARE)
i.e. YHWH and Y'SHUA ARE ALIVE !
And as PROMISED, HIS sheep know HIS VOICE all over the world !

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟673,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SHALOM EG :)
. I saw that Sabbath keeping was instructed BEFORE the Mosaic Covenant.

AFTER YHWH drew me to HIMSELF, (by SURPRISE ! ) (after almost 2 decades raised and living a perfect LCMS LIFE (with inclinations to be a 'pastor' there even) )
AFTER READING PRAYERFULLY and FERVENTLY and "DEVOURING RAVENOUSLY"(so to speak, humanly) eager for Y'SHUA'S VOICE, TRAINGING and GUIDANCE as PROMISED IN HIS WORD OVER AND OVER,
AFTER giving up everything to be HIS DISCIPLE, willingly and joyously,
AFTER receiving HIS GIFT (the SAME as Y'SHUA'S DISCIPLES IN NT):
"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"
Y'SHUA HIMSELF first taught me then after a long time disciplined me
to observe HIS SABBATH as in "work six days, and on the 7th day CEASE"...
(it was many years later BEFORE I FOUND any SABBATH KEEPERS,
and yes, they are RARE)
i.e. YHWH and Y'SHUA ARE ALIVE !
And as PROMISED, HIS sheep know HIS VOICE all over the world !
It is odd that if the Sabbath is written on the heart that throngs of Christians and non Christians are not drawn to trying to keep the day. I say trying because no one turns their foot from doing there own pleasure in the Israelite only Sabbath. To tell others you are "keeping" the Sabbath is a misnomer friend. The command for observing the Sabbath is found in the 10 commandments. Yes God had the Israelites observe it before Sinai, but the real meat of the command is found in Torah. Torah does not exist as viable law. It is defunct. It was given to Israel as an IF covenant. Israel didn't honor their part of the covenant and so is no longer exists. God did not place it on the backs of gentiles. You are trying to practice something that doesn't exist in serving God. If it makes you feel good then by all means observe it, but telling others it is a requirement is not the truth. By the way I am not writing that you do try to tell others, but some do.

Isaiah 58:13
If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is odd that if the Sabbath is written on the heart that throngs of Christians and non Christians are not drawn to trying to keep the day.
This is expected, not odd.
Cannot elaborate on this in the untied states we are in, sorry.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
One thing to consider:

Torah says do not commit adultery, do not murder. Fairly easy to obey right?

Jesus says do not even look at a woman with lust, because you have committed adultery in your heart, do not say "raka - fool" to your brother because that is equal to murder.

If you believe John is talking about Jesus' laws and not Torah, you still have a problem because Jesus made Torah keeping inner motives and outer actions.

So no matter which way you look at it Torah is still easier to keep than Jesus commands.

And Paul's commands are all quotes of Torah.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Please show me where. God said IF you keep Torah I will..... The covenant was conditional. God knew before the foundation of the Earth that man would fail at almost every point. That is when the plan of salvation was formed. Had Torah been everlasting, God would not have said If and the Godhead would not have formulated the plan of salvation. Jesus would not have come to Earth had Torah been everlasting.
But I and many others are not failing, because we are not doing it to be saved or stay saved.

We are doing it out of love for God.

God gives His ability to those who love Him to keep His words if they have such a desire.

Torah has always been doable by faith and grace.

This is why Paul said he kept Torah faultlessly.

I gave a list of scriptures in my other posts, but you and I differ on the interpretation.

No problem.

If you have trouble following even the NT commands, the real issue is how to acquire God's ability to do as God says.

That is actually a wonderful topic to discuss.

The key to that issue is how to live the exchanged life: I no longer live, Christ lives in me, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, I do nothing with my own energy, but with God's energy that so powerfully works within me, I have Christ's mind, I have God's faith, etc.

Once a believer learns how to do the more difficult NT commands with God's ability (grace) by faith, keeping the easier OT commands is a cake-walk.

Believe me, taking a day of rest from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday is a joy and very easy to do. My family looks forward to it.

Following Biblical food laws is also easy to do.

When a person has a will to do everything God says, God provides the grace to do it, step by step, line upon line.

When a person thinks he has to do it in his own strength, - he's done - game over - defeat is guaranteed.

The power of the grace message is it frees people from performing in their own strength, based on the death of Jesus.

The mistake of the grace message is it doesn't teach people how to live the exchanged life by faith in God's grace-ability, based on the resurrection of Jesus.

Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
2 Corinthians 3:7-11 is the scripture that perfectly sums up what both sides are saying.

We of course totally disagree on the interpretation.

I do understand what the other side says because that is how I once interpreted Paul's statements about Torah.

I used to ignore the Pro-Torah statements because I didn't understand them.

The Gospel is the power of God to the salvation of all men.

The Torah reveals right and wrong living, and also points us to Messiah Jesus.

People talked to me for over a year about how blessed and easy Torah keeping was and resisted because WITHOUT EVEN TRYING to keep Torah, I was totally convinced by the anti-Torah interpretation of Paul's words that it was impossible to keep.

Then one day God opened my eyes to see what they were saying, and I became an enthusiastic Torah keeper, by the power of the Holy Spirit, and the power of God's grace.

Teaching others the blessings of keeping Torah is something Jesus says to do: Matthew 5:17-19.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Every Covenant is conditional.

The new covenant is conditional on remaining in Christ.

The Abrahamic covenant was conditional on Abraham believing God.

Every Covenant contained God's grace and help for us to meet those conditions.

God helped Abraham to believe.

God helps us to remain in Christ.

God helps us keep Torah.

But remember, whether or not people keep Torah, SALVATION has always been prophesied as a separate work done by God alone.

Salvation can not come from anyone other than God alone. No flesh can boast in being able to save itself.

This is what Paul was trying to communicate, because Acts 15:1-5 had to deal with the question of whether Gentiles could be saved before they were circumcised.

Everything Paul says about Torah is to communicate ONLY this truth.

He said to establish Torah, but not try to be saved by Torah keeping.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟673,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing to consider:

Torah says do not commit adultery, do not murder. Fairly easy to obey right?

Jesus says do not even look at a woman with lust, because you have committed adultery in your heart, do not say "raka - fool" to your brother because that is equal to murder.

If you believe John is talking about Jesus' laws and not Torah, you still have a problem because Jesus made Torah keeping inner motives and outer actions.

So no matter which way you look at it Torah is still easier to keep than Jesus commands.
I suppose we could say that since Jesus became the sacrifice for man. Taking the lives of innocent animals every day, for me, would be a tremendous burden and very hard for me to do. The law of love is full of reward. When put into action it makes our hearts at peace. The 10 commandments contained 9 principals of morality. The new covenant law of love contains hundreds of principals of morality. The 10 didn't even mention love your neighbor yet Jesus gave us a new command to love others as He loves us. He gave His life for you and me. We are to love others so much that we are willing to give our lives for them. I call the 10 101. They are a good start, but in reality there is so much more that make up the law of love. That is a good reason for Jesus to have Paul write 2Cor 3:7-11. The Holy Spirit working in us is far more powerful than the ten written on old cold stone. Old covenant believers are subject to the 10 as their guide. New covenant believers are subject to the Holy Spirit as our guide. Jesus gave the Holy Spirit to us as a free gift and I am really amazed that many will not accept it and instead hold up the 10 as their rule for life.

Could it be that the reason why churches are failing is that they teach the 10 in place of the law of love?

And Paul's commands are all quotes of Torah.
Paul did do some "commanding" and one I like to discuss is when he addressed the Corinthians on the topic of women speaking in the church.
1 Corinthians 14:34
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

I have searched the scriptures for some place that God has told women to be silent in the church. As of yet I have not seen that scripture. It might have been a community civil law, or Paul may have been mistaken, but the verse at first glance appears he got his authority from God. Certainly the New Testament is void of any law and had it been a law found in the Old Testament according to his writings in Galatians the law ended with the coming of Jesus. 19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made;

Figure that one out.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟673,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I and many others are not failing, because we are not doing it to be saved or stay saved.

We are doing it out of love for God.
I understand, all who have accept Jesus want to please God. Jesus is God and I don't think he has ever ssaid that observing the scraps of Torah that could be kept is what He wants man to do. What He did say was: Matt25:
31 “When the Son of Man comes in His shining-greatness, He will sit down on His throne of greatness. All the angels will be with Him. 32 All the nations of the earth will be gathered before Him. He will divide them from each other as a shepherd divides the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on His right side, but the goats He will put on His left side.

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right side, ‘Come, you who have been called by My Father. Come into the holy nation that has been made ready for you before the world was made. 35 For I was hungry and you gave Me food to eat. I was thirsty and you gave Me water to drink. I was a stranger and you gave Me a room. 36 I had no clothes and you gave Me clothes to wear. I was sick and you cared for Me. I was in prison and you came to see Me.’

37 “Then those that are right with God will say, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You? When did we see You thirsty and give You a drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and give You a room? When did we see You had no clothes and we gave You clothes? 39 And when did we see You sick or in prison and we came to You?’ 40 Then the King will say, ‘For sure, I tell you, because you did it to one of the least of My brothers, you have done it to Me.’

41 “Then the King will say to those on His left side, ‘Go away from Me! You are guilty! Go into the fire that lasts forever. It has been made ready for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry but you did not give Me food to eat. I was thirsty but you did not give Me water to drink. 43 I was a stranger but you did not give Me a room. I had no clothes but you did not give Me clothes. I was sick and in prison but you did not come to see Me.’

44 “Then they will ask, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger? When did we see You without clothes or sick or in prison and did not care for You?’ 45 Then He will say to them, ‘For sure, I tell you, because you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 These will go to the place where they will be punished forever. But those right with God will have life that lasts forever.

This is what the new covenant is all about. I admire the good deeds of the Salvation Army. Being part of their church would be a blessing. I just cannot fathom taking the time to keep feast days that were meant for only one nation when we could be taking those hours and building Habitat homes for those who need and cannot afford roofs over their heads. I know one family we built a home for and when they see me they are so grateful for the time many took to give them a special home in a nice neighborhood.

God gives His ability to those who love Him to keep His words if they have such a desire.
Amen, As far as I can see His desire for Christians is to love and respect others. This is a full time challenge that produces blessings unimaginable. I raise a garden and I suppose I tend it on old covenant feast days and weekly Sabbaths. That time used produces blessings because I give to others the abundance of my crops. I don't mean to be bragging about what I do for Jesus, I just wanted to compare how we serve Him.

Torah has always been doable by faith and grace.
Then why did Jesus have to come to save man?

This is why Paul said he kept Torah faultlessly.
I really do not believe he ever wrote that TF. He did write that the law ended when Jesus came. Gal 3:19

I gave a list of scriptures in my other posts, but you and I differ on the interpretation.
We both have preconceived ideas as to where we are in the history of the Bible. I believe we are fully in the new covenant and you, from what i have read, believe we still have one foot in the old one. We both believe Jesus is our High Priest and I believe from the book of Hebrews that where we have a change in the Priesthood we also have a change in the law. Question: since Jesus has included Gentiles into the new covenant of grace and made all of us one in Him, why would He require gentiles to observe Israel's release from Egypt which was never a part of their ancestor's history? Deut5

No problem.

If you have trouble following even the NT commands, the real issue is how to acquire God's ability to do as God says.
Good question, do you have an answer? We all fall shortand since I do not have to obseerve days, months and years that is three things less that I have to answer to. Even with the power of the Holy Spirit as my guide I still fall short. I see the needs of people and pass by them. I say things that I should have taken more time to think out. Yep, as far as I know we all have our battle with sin, but the best thing is Jesus understands and He by His marvelous Grace forgives and forgets our unrighteousness.

That is actually a wonderful topic to discuss.
Yes it is.

The key to that issue is how to live the exchanged life: I no longer live, Christ lives in me, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, I do nothing with my own energy, but with God's energy that so powerfully works within me, I have Christ's mind, I have God's faith, etc.
But yet we sin. Jesus told the woman at the well to go and sin no more. Do you believe she was able to accomplish that task? We sin by omission and have no idea we are sinning. Neglecting our children by playing a round of golf could be a sin of omission. We only find out about things like that maybe years later when they are doing things that we could could have helped them avoid if we had just taken the time back when we spent our time on the golf course. I use that as a real example that happened to some of my relatives.

Once a believer learns how to do the more difficult NT commands with God's ability (grace) by faith, keeping the easier OT commands is a cake-walk.
Why, why do things that are not meant for us? Jesus didn't commission us to observe the old covenant. He gave us a better covenant to live by. Why spend time with useless endeavors? They may make you feel good, but what else does keeping days provide? If we abide by the new covenant we have a full time job.

Believe me, taking a day of rest from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday is a joy and very easy to do. My family looks forward to it.
God bless you for taking time with your family. Since Jews have been freed from the law and gentiles were never under the law we should be free to choose wisely by allowing the Holy Spirit to guide our time wisely. We live in a society that cannot shut down on a certain day. Some have duties on Saturday. Some live in areas where the sun never sets. Some live live where when the International date line was established changed the Sabbath to a different day. New Zealand and Australia and westward to Sinai are worshiping on Friday. I am told by Sabbath keepers that God also rests on the Sabbath with them. If that is so then He rests for 48 hours every week. Maybe that is why Sabbath keepers are also resting on Sunday instead of laboring 6 days like the command demands.:) All that is so complicated and doesn't have anything to do with salvation as you have expressed, so why deviate from mainstream Christianity to keep days given only to a now defunct Israel? What has really been accomplished?

Following Biblical food laws is also easy to do.
Yes it is. I bet you spend a lot of time reading labels though.:) The new covenant is not about what we eat, There are no laws prohibitions from eating anything that is palatable. Kinda like Noah who was given anything that pleased him for food.

The Old Way of Worship was made up of Laws about what to eat and drink. These Laws told how to wash and other things to do with the body. These things had to be done until Christ came to bring a better way of worship. Heb9:10

When a person has a will to do everything God says, God provides the grace to do it, step by step, line upon line.
Yes, but God, through Paul, wrote that the law ended when Jesus came, so God is not telling Christians to obey Torah. He has a better law for Christians.
But Christ has a more perfect work. He is the One Who goes between God and man in this new and better way. The New Way of Worship promises better things. Heb 8:6
For the Law of Moses could not make men right with God. Now there is a better hope through which we can come near to God. Heb7:19

When a person thinks he has to do it in his own strength, - he's done - game over - defeat is guaranteed.

The power of the grace message is it frees people from performing in their own strength, based on the death of Jesus.
Amen!

The mistake of the grace message is it doesn't teach people how to live the exchanged life by faith in God's grace-ability, based on the resurrection of Jesus.
It is no mistake my friend, it is God's plan for our salvation. It is part o the new covenant, the remainder teaches Christians how to live by faith.

The Old Testament is a light upon the highest hill. We need it to help us understand the plan of salvation and to give us a glimpse of how God has worked throughout the ages. Thank God for preserving it for our benefit. I am thankful He has provided a new and better way to know we have salvation that is found in the new covenant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Taking the lives of innocent animals everyday:

1. Was done only by the Priests.

2. Is no longer done because there is no Temple.

3. Was in reality a "feed-the-hungry" program, because the Priests, Levites, and their families, and the family of the one bringing the offering, all ate the meat of the sacrifice.

4. The kosher slaughter of the sacrificial animal is the absolutely most humane way of slaughter, even to this day. Slaughter house workers who have seen a modern day kosher slaughter vs a regular slaughter will attest to this fact.

Basically everything God commands is at a much higher standard than what anyone else can dream up.

LOVE was first commanded in Torah: Deuteronomy 6:5, Leviticus 19:8

The words are actually exact quotes of the Torah.

Almost every command Jesus or Paul gave is an exact quote of Torah or the Prophets.

DEEDS OF LOVE were first commanded in Torah: They are called mitzvot.

All the good things found in the NT were first commanded in Torah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
The Old Testament is a light upon the highest hill. We need it to help us understand the plan of salvation and to give us a glimpse of how God has worked throughout the ages. Thank God for preserving it for our benefit. I am thankful He has provided a new and better way to know we have salvation that is found in the new covenant.
What we have is a new and better way of keeping Torah, because all the commands in the New Testament are actually exact quotes of Torah.

Check this out to see what I mean: http://www.kalvesmaki.com/LXX/NTChart.htm

:groupray:

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Yes, but God, through Paul, wrote that the law ended when Jesus came, so God is not telling Christians to obey Torah. He has a better law for Christians.
But Christ has a more perfect work. He is the One Who goes between God and man in this new and better way. The New Way of Worship promises better things. Heb 8:6
For the Law of Moses could not make men right with God. Now there is a better hope through which we can come near to God. Heb7:19
God the Father and God the Son never said Torah did or will end as long as heaven and earth remains intact!

Paul spoke against Torah keeping for salvation.

Paul told us to establish Torah: Romans 3:31

Jesus told us to keep Torah: Matthew 5:17-19

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Then why did Jesus have to come to save man?
Because we needed a Messiah.

Jesus tells us to live right.

Paul tells us to live right.

Torah tells us to live right.

Just because Jesus saved us from our sins, does that mean we give up on living right?

Or say, living right is too hard, I'm not going to try anymore?

Or, let's just keep sinning, because Jesus paid for all my sins, so it's ok to keep sinning?

No.

We keep obeying God and living right, and if we stumble, there is provision for those who stumble to be forgiven and get back on track.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟673,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God the Father and God the Son never said Torah did or will end as long as heaven and earth remains intact!
As I wrote many times "heaven and Earth" is a metaphor. Heaven is eternal, it will never pass.

Paul spoke against Torah keeping for salvation.
I don't believe Paul ever spoke against Torah keeping, he was trying to explain that Christians are not under Torah. Torah was until Jesus . That is so plain.

Paul told us to establish Torah: Romans 3:31
You are taking that verse out of context as I have proven in a prior post.

Jesus told us to keep Torah: Matthew 5:17-19
Actually He was telling the Jews to observe Torah because they were still subject to the old covenant. It was not until Jesus ratified the new covenant with His blood that Jews were released from the old. He the Jews accepted the new covenant we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
When Jesus says heaven and earth will pass away before Torah does that is not a metaphor.

We each have to choose to live by God's words or not.

We each have to choose to interpret Paul's words by Jesus' word or not.

It's a serious mistake to ignore the words of God the Father and God the Son for a mistaken interpretation of Paul's meaning.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟673,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So when Jesus says heaven and earth will pass away before Torah does that is a metaphor, but when Paul says Torah has passed away, that is not a metaphor?
Paul never said Torah has passed away. He did write that we are not under Torah. Man has not been under Torah since Jesus ratified the new and better covenant.All the law can do for man is prick our consciences, it is the schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. 12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. Heb 7 If we are still under Torah what changed?

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is (notice he didn't write will be) the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

After reading the verses in red can you, with a straight face, tell me that the new covenant is not yet in place?

We each have to choose to live by God's words or not.
God's word to whom, to Abraham, to Noah, to Adam, to the gentiles or could it possibly be with Christians?

We each have to choose to interpret Paul's words by Jesus' word or not.
If only you could see Matt 5:18 as a metaphor and Jesus did fulfill the law by keeping all the commandments then you would not have to try to find a way to interpret Paul's words. They would make sense to you as you read them.

It's a serious mistake to ignore the words of God the Father and God the Son for a mistaken interpretation of Paul's meaning.
Yes, ditto.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟673,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus' words are not metaphors.
Is that something you have proof for or is it just your opinion. Torah will/has passed. heaven will endure for eternity. In Heaven man will have overcome sin, so there will be no need to have any laws.

They are truth to live by.
They were the truth for Israel and not any other nation. Why would God put laws on Gentiles after they become Christians that were only meant for Israel?

There is no command from God (Father or Son) to stop keeping Torah.
Oh yes there is, but you refuse to entertain them.

Father, Son, and apostles all say to keep Torah.
Jesus told those under Torah to keep Torah until He accomplished what He came to do. When He uttered the word "it is finished" the curtain dividing the Holy from the Most Holy was torn apart, telling mankind that the old had passed away. There is not one instance of the Apostles telling Christians to keep Torah

All I can add is you wish all of them said for Christians to keep Torah. You have been provided with scripture that proves without a doubt that Paul wrote we are not under Torah law.

As of yet I am still waiting on your comments of 2Cor3:7-11 where Paul explains that we are not under the 10 commandments. They were temporary commandments and Christians have the Holy Spirit as our guide. The only explanation I have received from you on the subject are some verses like Rom 3:31 that seem to be controversial, when taken out of context, to the verses under consideration. If, in fact, Paul meant the 10 were transitory (temporary) and have been replaced by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit then your belief system is not valid. If Paul meant something else then I am wrong and need to restudy my belief system. Is that fair enough?

I wish you the Holy Spirit's direction as you consider changes from the things you have previously thought were God's plans for you. When I was transitioning from main stream Christianity to SDAism I truly believed it was God leading me.and maybe it was His plan for me at that time. Now I thank Him for delivering me from the bondage of SDAism. One thing for sure I have a passion for Grace that had I not gone through legalism I would not appreciate as I do now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0