USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have it exactly opposite. Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is for their salvation. For I testify about them that they are zealous for God, but not on the basis of knowledge. Because they were ignorant of God’s righteousness and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law, to bring righteousness to everyone who believes. Romans 10:1-4

Where does this righteousness of our own come from? The law!

Philippians 3:9
and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—

If we do not desire God we will be glad to sin but if we desire God the law if fulfilled in us and we will walk after the spirit without fear of anxiety about messing up now and then. Even though we will cease to practice sin, we will still struggle with sin but it has no power over us for it has been condemned in our flesh.
The law does not make someone righteous otherwise we could save ourselves, but we can’t we need Christ. Only Christ can make someone righteous, but that does not mean God’s law is not holy, righteous and good, Rom 7:12 or that we are not to practice righteousness, lest we be deceived. 1 John 3:7

Our obedience leads to righteousness, sin on the other hand leads one down the wrong path Rom 6:16

Christ never taught not to keep the commandments, He taught not to break or teach other to break the least of these. Mat 5:19 John 14:15 I guess it’s up to us to believe Him or not.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep reading…..Jesus didn't come to condemn He came to save, but there is a condemnation because some people prefer darkness instead of coming to the truth John 3:18-21
Jesus does not condemn them. They condemn themselves. If I walk off a cliff against God's physical law of gravity. Does He punish me by dashing me to pieces at the foot of the cliff? In the same way neither does He condemn those who walk off the plateau of life into the depths of darkness. Nothing can live in darkness.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Love leads to action, is much different from a call to action. Leads mean a result. Watering a plant properly leads to growth, but it is not a call to the plant to grow.
Not when it’s a commandment. That’s not something that is optional if we are one of God’s people. Rev 14:12

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The law does not make someone righteous otherwise we could save ourselves, but we can’t we need Christ. Only Christ can make someone righteous, but that does not mean God’s law is not holy, righteous and good, Rom 7:12 or that we are not to practice righteousness, lest we be deceived. 1 John 3:7
Do you want to practice unrighteousness? No saved person does.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
None of those texts say "the Ten Commandments." We are no longer under those commandments; we are under Christ and His commands. We keep what He commands us to.
Jesus quoted directly from the Ten Commandments telling us not to break the least of these commandments Mat 5:19-30 because breaking one of the Ten Commandments is like breaking them all James 2:10-12. But suit yourself, if you think you can break the least of the commandments and teach others to and not be subject to the warning Jesus gives, it’s our free will to test any theory we want. Jesus can’t lie, so I would consider the warning to be more of a promise.

Anyway, no point in continuing, all gets sorted out soon enough.

Take care.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not when it’s a commandment. That’s not something that is optional if we are one of God’s people. Rev 14:12
Do you not want to obey God? We are now under Christ and not the law, for Christ has fulfilled that law in us already. What did God command you to do today? What does He command you to do now?

Are you saved?

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus quoted from the Ten Commandments telling us not to break the least of these commandments Mat 5:19-30 because breaking one of the Ten Commanemnts is like breaking them all James 2:10-12. But suit yourself, if you think you can break the least of the commandments and teach others to and not be subject to the warning Jesus gives, it’s our free will to test any theory we like. Jesus can’t lie, so I would consider the warning to be more of a promise.

Anyway, no point in continuing, all gets sorted out soon enough.

Take care.
When we are under Christ, we have perfectly kept all the commandments in Him and are ready to obey any command He gives us.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agree, but why keep arguing about staying in sin, which is what happens when we do not keep His commandments 1 John 3:4 James 2:10-12 Mat 5:19-30, 1 John 2:4 we stay in darkness instead of coming to the Truth to God's Word.
Do you want to stay in sin? If so, you haven't been saved. You are using your definitions rather than God's. You are stuck thinking that God does walk and talk with us. You assign God's commands to the Ten Commandments, but they are broader and deeper than just the Ten Commandments.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you want to stay in sin? If so, you haven't been saved. You are using your definitions rather than God's. You are stuck thinking that God does walk and talk with us. You assign God's commands to the Ten Commandments, but they are broader and deeper than just the Ten Commandments.
So disobeying the Ten Commandments and breaking the least of these is not sinning, the opposite of what Jesus taught , and keeping Gods commandments is sin. 1 John 3:4 James 2:10-12 Rom 7:7

Wow, the devil certainly has flipped God’s Word and sad so many people buying it. Just as God promised in scripture would happen. No wonder why the whole world is deceived.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
guess is you are excluded from everyone and from mankind and those who do not want to do what is righteousness, who does not want to love His name and be His servant and join themselves to Him, and those who don’t want His sanctification or blessing, then I guess it wouldn't apply Isa 56:1-6 Mark 2:27 Eze 20:12
This is a shocking statement from someone who says they serve God. Do you not see the arrogant judgment in it?

We are not to make such judgments for each person rises or falls to their own master.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is a shocking statement from someone who says they serve God. Do you not see the arrogant judgment in it?

We are not to make such judgments for each person rises or falls to their own master.
It’s not my words, it’s Christs Words verbatim, you will have to take your disagreement up with Him.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So disobeying the Ten Commandments and breaking the least of these is not sinning, the opposite of what Jesus taught , and keeping Gods commandments is sin. 1 John 3:4 James 2:10-12 Rom 7:7

Wow, the devil certainly has flipped God’s Word and sad so many people buying it. Just as God promised in scripture would happen.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
The law has been fulfilled in those who receive Christ by faith. How can you call unclean that which God has declared clean? I have never called the keeping of the Ten Commandments a sin. We are dead in our sins and trespasses without help or hope until God makes us alive even while we were yet sinners. The Ten Commandments had no part in that, but if a person feels that God is commanding them to keep them, then they should do so in humbleness before God.

But if you are merely keeping the Ten Commandments as you judge they should be kept, you are not keeping God's commands. You are practicing a religion, but you are not fully keeping God's commands.

You preach salvation but never say whether you are saved. Most Sabbatarians do not believe they are saved but take a wait-and-see attitude. There is no assurance and no joy in that.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s not my words, it’s Christs Words verbatim, you will have to take your disagreement up with Him.
No, they were your words. There is no scripture in the bible that says, "guess is you are excluded from everyone and from mankind and those who do not want to do what is righteousness, who does not want to love His name and be His servant and join themselves to Him, and those who don’t want His sanctification or blessing, then I guess it wouldn't apply"

That was what you said and what you judged.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟501,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No, they were your words.
No I am not thus saith the Lord.
There is no scripture in the bible that says, "guess is you are excluded from everyone and from mankind
You said Christ didn’t tell you to keep the Sabbath.

This is Christ’s Words
Isa 56:1 Thus says the Lord:
Isa 56:6 Everyone
who keeps from defiling the Sabbath
Mat 2:27 The Sabbath was made for man- the word for man here means mankind

anthrópos: a man, human, mankind
Original Word: ἄνθρωπος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: anthrópos
Phonetic Spelling: (anth'-ro-pos)
Definition: a man, human, mankind

He invites everyone to receive His blessing and sanctification Eze 20:12 but sadly most people reject
and those who do not want to do what is righteousness, who does not want to love His name and be His servant and join themselves to Him, and those who don’t want His sanctification or blessing, then I guess it wouldn't apply"

56 Thus says the Lord:

“Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”

6. “Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to the Lord, to serve Him,

And to love the name of the Lord, to be His servants
Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath

And holds fast My covenant

God keeps His promises

Psa 89:34 My covenant I will not break,
Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips

Why would one think its applies if not doing what God asks, you said the Sabbath didn’t apply to you.

So no, these are not my words, but Jesus tells us to live by His every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God Mat 4:4. I pray you consider.

I am signing out for good from this thread and will not be reading or responding further. It doesn’t seem fruitful to continue, but I truly do wish you well and hope you will consider the words of our Lord and Savior.

God bless and take care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, they were your words. There is no scripture in the bible that says, "guess is you are excluded from everyone and from mankind and those who do not want to do what is righteousness, who does not want to love His name and be His servant and join themselves to Him, and those who don’t want His sanctification or blessing, then I guess it wouldn't apply"

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
people on sabbath keeping
MSG
“Quit your worship charades. I can’t stand your trivial religious games: Monthly conferences, weekly Sabbaths, special meetings— meetings, meetings, meetings—I can’t stand one more! Meetings for this, meetings for that. I hate them! You’ve worn me out! I’m sick of your religion, religion, religion, while you go right on sinning. When you put on your next prayer-performance, I’ll be looking the other way. No matter how long or loud or often you pray, I’ll not be listening. And do you know why? Because you’ve been tearing people to pieces, and your hands are bloody. Go home and wash up. Clean up your act. Sweep your lives clean of your evildoings so I don’t have to look at them any longer. Say no to wrong. Learn to do good. Work for justice. Help the down-and-out. Stand up for the homeless. Go to bat for the defenseless.

Reactions: Mercy Shown
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟186,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The law has been fulfilled in those who receive Christ by faith. How can you call unclean that which God has declared clean? I have never called the keeping of the Ten Commandments a sin. We are dead in our sins and trespasses without help or hope until God makes us alive even while we were yet sinners. The Ten Commandments had no part in that, but if a person feels that God is commanding them to keep them, then they should do so in humbleness before God.

But if you are merely keeping the Ten Commandments as you judge they should be kept, you are not keeping God's commands. You are practicing a religion, but you are not fully keeping God's commands.

You preach salvation but never say whether you are saved. Most Sabbatarians do not believe they are saved but take a wait-and-see attitude. There is no assurance and no joy in that.
Interesting observation regarding assurance of salvation. Looking back at my many conversations with seventh day observers, I can't recall any of them expressing confidence that they were saved.

Upvote 0