Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My wife actually suffers when we stop fasting. Even when she eats just a small amount of egg, cheese or meat, she will end up spending quite a bit of time on the throne and it takes a few weeks for her body to adjust. She is considering just continuing fasting.
Me? I have no problem tucking into every type of meat and cheese after the fast. I just have to be careful of the quantity, since it is all to easy to want to try a bit of everything once the fast is over.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Me? I have no problem tucking into every type of meat and cheese after the fast. I just have to be careful of the quantity, since it is all to easy to want to try a bit of everything once the fast is over.
same here on all fronts, although I do admit I unashamedly go straight for whatever used to have a hoof.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
same here on all fronts, although I do admit I unashamedly go straight for whatever used to have a hoof.
I can't say I've ever tried horse ^_^ (not knowingly at least)

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I did eat camel when I came back from Afghanistan
I've eaten Emu and Kangaroo. Spike Milligan once made the comment that Australians are the only people who eat the animals on their Coat of Arms :D

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've eaten Emu and Kangaroo. Spike Milligan once made the comment that Australians are the only people who eat the animals on their Coat of Arms :D
haha, nice. I have eaten wallaby a few times.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
haha, nice. I have eaten wallaby a few times.
It just occurred to me that it might be the reason there are no lions or unicorns in England. Maybe they ate them all.

Fun fact:
The reason the Kangaroo and the Emu were chosen for the Australian Coat of Arms is because both of the animals only move forwards. They never walk backwards.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
t just occurred to me that it might be the reason there are no lions or unicorns in England. Maybe they ate them all.

haha, maybe

Fun fact:
The reason the Kangaroo and the Emu were chosen for the Australian Coat of Arms is because both of the animals only move forwards. They never walk backwards.

nice, that’s the same reason PA Germans eat pork on New Years, pigs rummage for food forward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The hardest part is all the baking we are doing in preparation for the feast. Heaps of butter, eggs and milk involved and we can't eat any of it yet :sigh:
I hear you. my first Holy Saturday was probably the toughest, as I wasn’t used to it yet.

Upvote 0