The Keep
✟581,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is what you mean by not easy? How do you survive going to work each day?
Obviously I meant not easy for criminals and kooks to buy a gun as easily as buying a pack of chewing gum. What else would I be referring to regarding a vetting process?

Do you see now?

How do you survive going to work each day?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Obviously I meant not easy for criminals and kooks to buy a gun as easily as buying a pack of chewing gum.
But it is, though. How else to villains have unfettered access to guns?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Huh? My point is the opposite. Please read what I write and not you think I have written.
Let's review. You said harm was subjective. Now I admit you didn't use the word completely. My bad.

I should have known that subjective and completely subjective are total opposites of another. Like wet and completely wet are completely opposites.

By the way, who is harmed by a teenager doing meth?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But it is, though. How else to villains have unfettered access to guns?
Obviously durangodawood and I were talking about the registration and vetting process regarding legally purchased firearms.

Yes of course anyone can illegally obtain a firearm off the street.

That was one of the points of discussion. That vetting isn't going to keep some lunatic from unlawfully possessing a firearm.

But that doesn't negate the need for a thorough vetting system in each state.

Hope you're caught up to speed now.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Let's review. You said harm was subjective. Now I admit you didn't use the word completely. My bad.

I should have known that subjective and completely subjective are total opposites of another. Like wet and completely wet are completely opposites.

I’m not sure why you think I said that harm was objective. My point was it’s subjective because it has to be balanced with benefit.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Depends. Is it the first time that leads the teen to swear never again? Is it a once in a blue moon thing like a cigar at Christmas or it it habitual usage?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Obviously durangodawood and I were talking about the registration and vetting process regarding legally purchased firearms.

Yes of course anyone can illegally obtain a firearm off the street.

That was one of the points of discussion. That vetting isn't going to keep some lunatic from unlawfully possessing a firearm.

But that doesn't negate the need for a thorough vetting system in each state.

Hope you're caught up to speed now.
You clearly said ‘I’ in the post I was referring to so no: you weren’t discussion criminals.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You clearly said ‘I’ in the post I was referring to so no: you weren’t discussion criminals.
This started out with you making a snarky jab at me over something you misunderstood. And there's no point in continuing down that road with a self proclaimed narcissist.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh no. The gun is completely harmless. The gun can't encourage someone to shoot someone else. It has no message to send. There is nothing in it's metal and plastic that in any way shape or form leads anyone to try and shoot it at someone.
Agreed. The gun is an inanimate object. For example, a person could be placed in a bakery and see all kinds of tempting cakes and pies. If that person has been priming his pump, so to speak, by engaging in considering and thinking about sugary confections, he may be tempted. If not, he may walk right out.

It's all in the primary motivation of the individual, not the existence of the surroundings.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think DeSantis was trying to make a point (and knew what the media would do). If the images are too explicit to be shown uncensored on broadcast TV, what are they doing in public elementary and secondary schools? The point was well made.
This is the only relevant point here. If a book cannot be shown/read on the news because of its' inappropriateness, it cannot be read/shown to the kids in school. Period.

The rest is just noise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums