Florida Republican who lost special election by 20%-79% refuses to concede, files suit

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A Florida Republican took a page out of former Donald Trump's playbook this week, refusing to concede a congressional special election he lost by more than 59 points in one of the state's most Democratic districts.

This is not exactly an outlier in today's GOP:

Following the 2020 elections, Trump-endorsed Maryland congressional candidate Kim Klacik claimed that her election was "stolen" and alleged that Republican Gov. Larry Hogan helped her opponent after she lost by more than 40 points in a race to succeed the late Rep. Elijah Cummings in an overwhelmingly Democratic Baltimore district.

Similarly, Loren Culp, the Republican gubernatorial nominee in Washington state, refused to concede defeat to Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee despite losing by more than 545,000 votes. Culp filed a baseless lawsuit alleging fraud that was outright rejected by Republican Secretary of State Kim Wyman.

A growing number of Trump-allied Republicans have been quick to embrace election denialism. Adam Laxalt, a Republican U.S. Senate candidate in Nevada, has threatened to file lawsuits to "try to tighten up the election" 14 months before any votes are cast. Failed California recall candidate Larry Elder launched a website claiming voter frauddays before the votes were even counted.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A Florida Republican took a page out of former Donald Trump's playbook this week, refusing to concede a congressional special election he lost by more than 59 points in one of the state's most Democratic districts.

Following the 2020 elections, Trump-endorsed Maryland congressional candidate Kim Klacik claimed that her election was "stolen" and alleged that Republican Gov. Larry Hogan helped her opponent after she lost by more than 40 points in a race to succeed the late Rep. Elijah Cummings in an overwhelmingly Democratic Baltimore district.

Similarly, Loren Culp, the Republican gubernatorial nominee in Washington state, refused to concede defeat to Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee despite losing by more than 545,000 votes. Culp filed a baseless lawsuit alleging fraud that was outright rejected by Republican Secretary of State Kim Wyman.

A growing number of Trump-allied Republicans have been quick to embrace election denialism. Adam Laxalt, a Republican U.S. Senate candidate in Nevada, has threatened to file lawsuits to "try to tighten up the election" 14 months before any votes are cast. Failed California recall candidate Larry Elder launched a website claiming voter frauddays before the votes were even counted.
how do we know it was not a page from the book of Stacy Abrams

• Agree
Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I wanted to write that in the near future, the GOP will only accept those elections as fraud free that they won. But then I realised that at this stage, I would be surprised if they didn't also accuse the democratic party of fraud when they win, just to squeeze out a little more hate.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wanted to write that in the near future, the GOP will only accept those elections as fraud free that they won. But then I realised that at this stage, I would be surprised if they didn't also accuse the democratic party of fraud when they win, just to squeeze out a little more hate.
So we will just ignore the fact that Dems have done all the same things that they complain about the Reps doing

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
So we will just ignore the fact that Dems have done all the same things that they complain about the Reps doing
whataboutism strikes again. We will ignore it because it is not the topic.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

According to the Bible, in the Garden of Eden, when Yahweh accused Adam of eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, Adam said Eve did it too. Did Yahweh say, “You’re right, it’s okay for you to do it then” or did they punish Adam for it?

This attitude you have is the reason why I believe Christian morality is worthless in the real world. If anytime someone accuses you of doing something, you point out someone else’s faults as justification for your actions as no one is perfect. If we all follow that, we end up in a world where Jeffery Dahmer doesn’t get punished because the judge once had a lead foot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

A sample of today's Republican

Jason Mariner
Jason Mariner, GOP Dist. 20 winner, didn't have civil rights restored
Jason Mariner, who won Tuesday’s District 20 congressional Republican primary, is a convicted felon who did not go through the state’s process to restore his civil rights after his imprisonment, interviews and records show. That step is required under Florida law for a candidate to hold political office.

He followed Trump's denials, and hopefully Trump will follow Mariner to prison!

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
whataboutism strikes again. We will ignore it because it is not the topic.
When you can't defend your position, throw in a red herring. I've seen it done a thousand times on this forum. I don't really expect anything better at this point.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Here is what a next door neighbor had to say about confederate flag-tattooed Mariner:

“That guy is a corrupt person,” said Jorge Hernandez, a 71-year-old Jupiter, Florida, resident who lived next door to Mariner for years. “Now he’s looking for that position because he wants to go there and start collecting money from people. He is a con artist.
Sounds just like another prominent republican who also refuses to concede a lost election.

This Confederate Flag-Tattoo’d Felon Is Running for Congress

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This attitude you have is the reason why I believe Christian morality is worthless in the real world.

Clearly they believe it, too... or else they would use it in the real world.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to the Bible, in the Garden of Eden, when Yahweh accused Adam of eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, Adam said Eve did it too. Did Yahweh say, “You’re right, it’s okay for you to do it then” or did they punish Adam for it?

This attitude you have is the reason why I believe Christian morality is worthless in the real world. If anytime someone accuses you of doing something, you point out someone else’s faults as justification for your actions as no one is perfect. If we all follow that, we end up in a world where Jeffery Dahmer doesn’t get punished because the judge once had a lead foot.
get serious, there are two sides to each coin, the problem here is that we have a group of people who do not want to take any responsibility for the actions of the side they identify with, they hope to feel better about themselves by keeping the focus on flaws in the other side, plain and simple.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
get serious, there are two sides to each coin, the problem here is that we have a group of people who do not want to take any responsibility for the actions of the side they identify with, they hope to feel better about themselves by keeping the focus on flaws in the other side, plain and simple.

I know. I just wish you would finally admit that’s what you’re doing.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know. I just wish you would finally admit that’s what you’re doing.
I see you want to see both sides which is why you immediately point out that bringing up both sides is what-about-ism or off topic, clearly an open mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I see you want to see both sides which is why you immediately point out that bringing up both sides is what-about-ism or off topic, clearly an open mind.

Does Eve eating from the tree make it ok for Adam to eat from the tree?

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

If this was an honest position from you and not a partisan hack job to derail threads that make conservatives look bad, there are at least three threads currently on the first page that point out issues with progressives that I should expect to see you demanding to see both sides.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If this was an honest position from you and not a partisan hack job to derail threads that make conservatives look bad, there are at least three threads currently on the first page that point out issues with progressives that I should expect to see you demanding to see both sides.
Point them out, I do not read every post.

Upvote 0