floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Hi All.

Would really appreciate your prayers. We've had the worst flooding in a really long time. Which for many people still waiting for their houses to rebuild after the 2011 earthquakes is yet another nail in the coffin so to speak. The Cantabrian spirit is a hard one to break, I hope that this is not a straw

Christchurch deluge a 'one-in-100-year' storm | Stuff.co.nz

Todays like today when I wish nursing wasnt a essential service. Had to drive out to see a patient in Lyttleton, ended up driving through 2 feet of water at one stage. Appreciate prayers for the people we werent able to get today that they will be safe overnight.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it is sad how much people keep going through these things .. it is becoming evident that the whole world is having "worst in a century storms .." -and these are the beginnings of sorrows.

When will they realize that true surety.true security ,is not found in this temporal world .it can not offer us peace .
when will they finally humble themselves and call upon the name of the lord ?
God does not delight in tragedy.but we know that blessing comes from him. yet as a people NZ rejects him and in doing so they reject blessing ,they reject his gracious hand of protection .how long will they do this ?
When will they humble themselves and cry for mercy .
why do they force his hand in their arrogance
and when all their security ..the foundation of money and brick and window and the surety they thought it offered them is shaken and flooded ..they cry to the council the government..
when will they humble themselves and cry out to the lord who is able to save .

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
it is sad how much people keep going through these things .. it is becoming evident that the whole world is having "worst in a century storms .." -and these are the beginnings of sorrows.

When will they realize that true surety.true security ,is not found in this temporal world .it can not offer us peace .
God does not delight in tragedy.but we know that blessing comes from him. yet as a people NZ rejects him and in doing so they reject blessing ,they reject his gracious hand of protection .how long will they do this ?
and when all their security ..the foundation of money and brick and window and the surety they thought it offered them is shaken and flooded ..they cry to the council the government..

they did do that when the first bad earthquake happened there, attendance in churches rose as people did get a wake up call and the church there did their best to meet needs as they could when that happened. For some people they have done that in Christchurch. As for New Zealand generally though yes gradually piece by piece it does seem to be moving further and further away from its Christian heritage sadly although God does have His faithful ones throughout the land serving Him and God is still in control of all things so Godszone (sp?) is still an apt name.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
they did do that when the first bad earthquake happened there, attendance in churches rose as people did get a wake up call and the church there did their best to meet needs as they could when that happened. For some people they have done that in Christchurch. As for New Zealand generally though yes gradually piece by piece it does seem to be moving further and further away from its Christian heritage sadly although God does have His faithful ones throughout the land serving Him and God is still in control of all things so Godszone (sp?) is still an apt name.

and then they voted in gay marriage ..hmmm
however a little increased church attendance may be a good thing but on the whole they dusted off and said we will rebuild.
after the first quakes church leaders were interviewed .. as most of the damage was done to the old dead church buildings .. and there on national tv they had opportunity to share of the lord Jesus and the hope we have in him.. but not a word did they say ,not a mention of his name did they utter.
but then again,, they are from denominations that are now marrying the gays ..so go figure .

this nation is on my heart ..i am in it .
i have wept at what the lord will do .the lord has wept through me for he does not delight to do it .
He will continue to take everything this people puts its hope in as they jest and sneer at everything Godly and he will wash out its foundation,splinter its mountains and gullies .they say the season will be as before as in times past .but it is not so ..
they will despair, for that which they have loved will fail them .but the lord will do this that they may remember it is the lord that makes the rain to fall,it is the lord that holds to the mountains from shaking .the earth is commanded by Him ..he will remind them to call upon his name
and if they "will" to not, then he shall give them over to their choice .for he comes soon and every one who does not fall upon him broken ..shall be crushed by the stone the builders rejected .
it is the day in which we live .the olive tree has flourished its generation ages now and yet it shall not pass away before these things be fulfilled

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Its dear to my heart too, and it saddens me also that even Bible In Schools is now being challenged by a minority who want to stop it. Sadly that is the only time some children hear about Jesus now in NZ.
I wonder if God is allowing these disasters in Christchurch because they had the wizard there for so many years.
But I am with you that now many people are turning away from Him. But I also can see Godspeople beginning to stand up .. with the gay marriage there were petitions against it. With the Bible in Schools other parents and RE teachers are beginning to start standing up to it aswell - a couple of days ago went to a place where there was prayer about it and people were talking about what can be done actually at two things it was talked about and prayed about.
So do not lose up or be discouraged. God isnt finished with nz yet

and then they voted in gay marriage ..hmmm
however a little increased church attendance may be a good thing but on the whole they dusted off and said we will rebuild.
after the first quakes church leaders were interviewed .. as most of the damage was done to the old dead church buildings .. and there on national tv they had opportunity to share of the lord Jesus and the hope we have in him.. but not a word did they say ,not a mention of his name did they utter.
but then again,, they are from denominations that are now marrying the gays ..so go figure .

this nation is on my heart ..i am in it .
i have wept at what the lord will do .the lord has wept through me for he does not delight to do it .
He will continue to take everything this people puts its hope in as they jest and sneer at everything Godly and he will wash out its foundation,splinter its mountains and gullies .they say the season will be as before as in times past .but it is not so ..
they will despair, for that which they have loved will fail them .but the lord will do this that they may remember it is the lord that makes the rain to fall,it is the lord that holds to the mountains from shaking .the earth is commanded by Him ..he will remind them to call upon his name
and if they "will" to not, then he shall give them over to their choice .for he comes soon and every one who does not fall upon him broken ..shall be crushed by the stone the builders rejected .
it is the day in which we live .the olive tree has flourished its generation ages now and yet it shall not pass away before these things be fulfilled

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I asked for prayer, not a discourse in how christchurch has managed to bring the last 3 years down on itself for not being godly enough

If you cant manage to pray for the people of christchurch, can you please keep your discourse and pontifcations out of this thread because it was neither asked for or appreciated

Having to drive through flood water, not my idea of fun. If I sound snappish people living in houses as a result of the earthquake are now a metre lower, and while they wouldnt have flooded prior to the earthquakes flood 1-5 times a year. We have people contemplating suicide because their house has been judged a rebuild

A god that inflicts this misery on people to teach them some sort of mystical lesson is a sadist who I have no desire to worship and certainly not the God of the bible

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums