Flood Physics.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I was listening to an audio bible and was wondering:

If the water took 150 days to seep back into the earth and return to the water ways, typically, how much area would the water cover if this was the case?

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I was listening to an audio bible and was wondering:

If the water took 150 days to seep back into the earth and return to the water ways, typically, how much area would the water cover if this was the case?

There was no flood, and there isnt enough water.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was curious about how much water would actually be required with different soil types and different typography, geology and whatnot.

Depends how you view the flood occurring.

There are positions like:

- Local flood (of various sizes)
- Global flood (but the mountains beforehand were not nearly as high)
- Global flood (covering the mountains that are just as high as they are today)
- Universal flood (this is a weird one but some people seem to believe that Noah lived on another planet or in another dimension before the ark came to earth)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Depends how you view the flood occurring.

There are positions like:

- Local flood (of various sizes)
- Global flood (but the mountains beforehand were not nearly as high)
- Global flood (covering the mountains that are just as high as they are today)
- Universal flood (this is a weird one but some people seem to believe that Noah lived on another planet or in another dimension before the ark came to earth)
I'm pretty curious, so any of the above is fine.

on a humourous note, I had an idea that the earth was so soft and it was closer to the edge of the atmosphere at the time, and all the flooding totally destroyed the delicate balance of the puffy earth. Still pretty funny typing it out.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
on a humourous note, I had an idea that the earth was so soft and it was closer to the edge of the atmosphere at the time, and all the flooding totally destroyed the delicate balance of the puffy earth. Still pretty funny typing it out.
Funny & humourous, so clearly not a serious idea - but why would you even think of it? o_O

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Various different versions of the Flood can be refuted. Eventually one is left with a flood so small that there is no need for an Ark. Every area of science argues against a worldwide flood, but let's start with the most ridiculous example of that. There are those, like Ken Ham and Kent Hovind that argue that the sedimentary rock column is from the Flood. That is refuted by just this picture if one has even a basic knowledge of geology and erosion:

600px-2009-08-20-01800_USA_Utah_316_Goosenecks_SP.jpg

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The video portrays the effects of several cataclysmic "ruin/restoration" events over millions of years that included worldwide flooding. The opening scene in Genesis describes such destruction, prior to the advent of man, and necessary to prepare a suitable environment for us. The prehistoric world of the dinosaurs had to be destroyed and then refashioned before the creation of Adam.

The flood of Noah came later, and was not the destructive event pictured in the video. There would have been little or no uniform global evidence left behind. A 'flood model' using all available biblical information, including some assumptions, will show this to be the case.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Various different versions of the Flood can be refuted. Eventually one is left with a flood so small that there is no need for an Ark. Every area of science argues against a worldwide flood, but let's start with the most ridiculous example of that. There are those, like Ken Ham and Kent Hovind that argue that the sedimentary rock column is from the Flood. That is refuted by just this picture if one has even a basic knowledge of geology and erosion:

600px-2009-08-20-01800_USA_Utah_316_Goosenecks_SP.jpg
Thanks for your post.

In order for it to work, how much would the laws of physics need to be different from this universe?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hard to say, but clearly enough for life as we know it not to exist. Why even ask?
Curiosity more than anything, the conclusion doesn't matter too much since I live in questions.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The video portrays the effects of several cataclysmic "ruin/restoration" events over millions of years that included worldwide flooding. The opening scene in Genesis describes such destruction, prior to the advent of man, and necessary to prepare a suitable environment for us. The prehistoric world of the dinosaurs had to be destroyed and then refashioned before the creation of Adam.

The flood of Noah came later, and was not the destructive event pictured in the video. There would have been little or no uniform global evidence left behind. A 'flood model' using all available biblical information, including some assumptions, will show this to be the case.
The only way for a flood not to be destructive is for it to be a very low level flood. In other words one that most could walk away from. You make the Ark superfluous with such a claim.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The only way for a flood not to be destructive is for it to be a very low level flood. In other words one that most could walk away from. You make the Ark superfluous with such a claim.

Walk away with what and to what. The flood came in from all directions, so wherever you went there was the rising water.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One could walk away from any flood so small as not to leave a record at all. The flood that you propose would not even cover the "high hills" much less the mountains.

Evidence of the flood I propose would be nearly entirely degraded in the years since.

The flood I propose killed every human except those on the ark. Those few not drowned outright soon died of starvation and exposure.

Upvote 0