Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Funny thing about the various flat earth maps, they are still closer to reality than any globe.

If this were true then flat Earth cartography would be a multi billion dollar business.

The fact it isn't reinforces that FE is just a bunch of fanciful ideas with no practical function.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If this were true then flat Earth cartography would be a multi billion dollar business.

The fact it isn't reinforces that FE is just a bunch of fanciful ideas with no practical function.

The UN and WHO both use the most accepted flat earth map as their logo, but I'm sure they aren't mocking you in plain sight.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Also note how there has not been any attempt to refute most of the arguments in the OP, as is typical in these threads.

Actually I did provide some refutation, which was immediately dismissed, as every time before. There is no practical reason for anyone to attempt to refute all this ball earth nonsense spewed forth across this forum. On the plus side, sometimes watching you all yammer away on the topic can be quite entertaining.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Actually I did provide some refutation, which was immediately dismissed, as every time before. There is no practical reason for anyone to attempt to refute all this ball earth nonsense spewed forth across this forum. On the plus side, sometimes watching you all yammer away on the topic can be quite entertaining.
Would you explain how plate tectonics works on a Flat Earth, please.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Would you explain how plate tectonics works on a Flat Earth, please.

Don't know, but considering how many people are looking through various aspects of the concept, I'm sure you could find your answer.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I actually know you did, which is why I said 'most'. You linked to a video that attempted to counter 1 of the 10 arguments made by the OP. It was then immediately made clear why your attempted refutation failed. Still, at least it was better than nothing.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I actually know you did, which is why I said 'most'. You linked to a video that attempted to counter 1 of the 10 arguments made by the OP. It was then immediately made clear why your attempted refutation failed. Still, at least it was better than nothing.

Actually, it was two videos of refutation of Dave's arguments overall. And they weren't refuted, just rejected. Which is par for the course around here. There is literally no point for anyone to make these arguments on this forum, because you all just refuse to grasp the concept.

You think you are all making arguments against flat earth, but you aren't. It's the wildest thing to watch. It's like when I see someone talk vociferously concerning the non-existence of God, and for all their words, at the end of the day, there will still be a God. Or even one going on and on about the reality of evolution, but, again, in the end, it's still a lie. Now I'm watching it all again on the topic concerning the shape of the earth.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Don't know, but considering how many people are looking through various aspects of the concept, I'm sure you could find your answer.
Surely, as a promoter of the concept, you will be much better placed than I to direct me to an individual, or a resource, or some research that addresses this. Here you have an opportunity to get people thinking seriously about FE and you are, metaphorically, shrugging your shoulders and, implicitly, suggesting I google the answer. I do hope you will come up with something a little more substantive.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, it was two videos of refutation of Dave's arguments overall. And they weren't refuted, just rejected. Which is par for the course around here. There is literally no point for anyone to make these arguments on this forum, because you all just refuse to grasp the concept.

You think you are all making arguments against flat earth, but you aren't. It's the wildest thing to watch. It's like when I see someone talk vociferously concerning the non-existence of God, and for all their words, at the end of the day, there will still be a God. Or even one going on and on about the reality of evolution, but, again, in the end, it's still a lie. Now I'm watching it all again on the topic concerning the shape of the earth.
Your video did exactly what the OP video outlined for point 4, it didn't refute anything it actually proved the OP video was correct. It was one of the poorest excuses for an experiment I have ever seen. Half of what was going on was cut off the screen... ooooooh, what is it they didn't want us to see?!!!!??

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lazarus Long

Feb 1, 2020
Melbourne
✟4,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Funny thing about the various flat earth maps, they are still closer to reality than any globe. Sure, there are are contradicting ideas out there, but that's because we are not some blinded cult, as being discussed here. It's just a large and ever growing number of people from all over who finally realized we've been lied to for centuries, and we are all trying to figure our world out for real. Differing ideals are inevitable.
Yes people from all over the globe, I believe is their catchcry.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

You can't disprove the existence of God by doing basic math. And believing in Him doesn't require assuming that half of the people in the world are part of a 2500-year-old conspiracy.

Rather, a flat earther is more like a person who personally witnessed all of the miracles in the Bible, but still insisted that there was no God.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The UN and WHO both use the most accepted flat earth map as their logo, but I'm sure they aren't mocking you in plain sight.
I'm sure they aren't.

Probably just being historical ...

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Surely, as a promoter of the concept, you will be much better placed than I to direct me to an individual, or a resource, or some research that addresses this. Here you have an opportunity to get people thinking seriously about FE and you are, metaphorically, shrugging your shoulders and, implicitly, suggesting I google the answer. I do hope you will come up with something a little more substantive.

There's zero opportunity here for getting people to think seriously about flat earth. I gave up on doing that months ago.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You can't disprove the existence of God by doing basic math. And believing in Him doesn't require assuming that half of the people in the world are part of a 2500-year-old conspiracy.

Rather, a flat earther is more like a person who personally witnessed all of the miracles in the Bible, but still insisted that there was no God.

It only seems that way because you are remain clueless on this topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Yes people from all over the globe, I believe is their catchcry.

I assume you are referencing that old Flat Earth Society meme. Just FYI, most in this movement consider that organization to be a form of controlled opposition.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure they aren't.

Probably just being historical ...

Considering that is a more realistic map of the world they are utilizing, rather than a globe, then chances are good they are indeed mocking us as a whole.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Considering that is a more realistic map of the world they are utilizing, rather than a globe, then chances are good they are indeed mocking us as a whole.

If they used a globe, it wouldn’t be able to show all continents at once. Kind of important for a worldwide organization.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
There's zero opportunity here for getting people to think seriously about flat earth. I gave up on doing that months ago.
I'm offering to give serious consideration to what Flat Earther's have to say about reconciling plate Tectonics with the Flat Earth hypothesis. I'm asking you, again, to suggest somewhere I might find serious information on the topic. If you are unwilling to at least attempt this, it calls into question your motives for being here. (And casts significant doubts upon how serious you are about your Flat Earth beliefs.) So, please, would you make something of an effort to point me in the right direction.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It only seems that way because you are remain clueless on this topic.

If you didn't realize, I was actually praising you earlier for at least trying to address one of the arguments in the OP.

But apparently nothing less than complete agreement with everything you say counts for anything.

BTW, here is a serious question: how would you react if it was proven to your satisfaction that the earth was round? Would it make you lose your faith? If so, why? If not, why do you insist that a round earth is an anti Christian conspiracy?

There are nearly 3 billion Christians in the world. You would think that if some all-powerful shadow organization that ruled the world for millennia wanted to invent a lie to discredit Christianity, they could do better than that. Why not claim to have found the body of Jesus, for example? Surely faking that would be far easier than what you believe they are doing to convince people the earth is round.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0