Flat earth beliefs are totally in error.

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟69,802.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My interest is in the interface between science and religion. For me there is no differentiation, science is one of God's gifts and we need to use it wisely. I wanted to join in on a thread on this subject, but there are so many that I am starting my own.
To begin, there is no way in the reality of our physical observation of the earth it cannot be a sphere. Anyone who argues against that are ignorant. No disrespect there, we are all ignorant when we do not know about something.
God gave us the gift of science, and science is telling us that the earth is a sphere.
This argument must be shelved,, unless God encourages us to continue it.

Last edited:

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟69,802.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As Christians we must attempt to address ignorance. Again no disrespect there, we are all ignorant in some fields. It is good that CF provides a platform for ignorant people to show their ignorance, I just hope and pray that they respond to our admonitions. Jesus will lead them to the truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
As Christians we must attempt to address ignorance. Again no disrespect there, we are all ignorant in some fields. It is good that CF provides a platform for ignorant people to show their ignorance, I just hope and pray that that they respond to our admonitions. Jesus will lead them to the truth.
Pretty insulting post unless you are more specific. Eye of the beholder I think and hopefully we all have a different view.

Upvote 0

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟69,802.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pretty insulting post unless you are more specific. Eye of the beholder I think and hopefully we all have a different view.
My apologies, I have no intention to insult anyone. If someone points out my ignorance, and I am ignorant about many things, I pray and ask God to guide me. I do not argue with a fellow Christian.
Of course we all have different views, but we should never feel offended by anyone who expresses different views to our own. My view is that a belief in a flat earth is nonsense, but I do not think that flat earthers are nonsensical, they are human beings like myself.

• Friendly
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟69,802.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Surely one of the characteristics of a true Christian is that we should listen and be patient with anyone, whether or not they are being reasonable? We will not bring anyone else closer to God if we think they are being unreasonable.
Being unreasonable is not the same as being ignorant. We are all ignorant in some respects, but as a Christian we should always try to be reasonable.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Surely one of the characteristics of a true Christian is that we should listen and be patient with anyone, whether or not they are being reasonable? We will not bring anyone else closer to God if we think they are being unreasonable.
Being unreasonable is not the same as being ignorant. We are all ignorant in some respects, but as a Christian we should always try to be reasonable.

Oh trust me, I've tried. Their level of denial is absolutely insurmountable.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
Oh trust me, I've tried. Their level of denial is absolutely insurmountable.

I feel like that for every minute I listen to a Flat Earther a braincell dies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To begin, there is no way in the reality of our physical observation of the earth it cannot be a sphere.

99% of the population experiences a flat earth experience.
Your writing desk has more curve than the earth does.
So you are wrong in your statement.
Flat is 99.9% correct.
I doubt you can cut a board flatter than the earth is.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
I've never read their posts but I wonder why you all go there and read as much as you object to their opinion? If I get that upset I don't go back.

We're all masochists, clearly.

Upvote 0