Fishing during the new heavens and new earth?

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Before God created man He had already created fish. Everyone pretty much knows that some fish eat other fish, thus death. Should we assume that that never began happening until after man fell first? Or should we assume it's a fact of life since the beginning of them, meaning fish, that some of them are going to eat one another and that God had intended for them to do so, thus He created them with that nature? Which means death was already taking place before man fell, assuming the latter.
I believe that animals were always killing and eating each other. The universe is entropic.
I don't believe the new one is
It's possible the fish in the new earth would live forever until caught Then reproduce accordingly.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can just see everyone scratching their head---what???

Allow me to explain then as to what I'm meaning. By comparing the following passages, it is undeniable that these things are involving the same time period, the new heavens and new earth.

Ezekiel 47:7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.
8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.
9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.
10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

And by the river(a pure river of water of life Revelation 22:1) upon the bank thereof

on this side and on that side(and on either side of the river Revelation 22:2)

shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed(the tree of life Revelation 22:2)

it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months(which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month Revelation 22:2), because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary(a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb Revelation 22:1)

and the leaf thereof for medicine( and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations Revelation 22:2)

If none of this undeniably proves that both accounts are involving the same things, the same time period, then I give up.

Now that is has been established the same time period is in view, we come to the part about fishing.

And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.

The first thing to keep in mind, when one is fishing like this, they are obviously not doing it for sport, they are doing it with the intentions of eating the fish. And in order to eat fish, that obviously means death is still taking place, at least in regards to the fish.

Plus, note what verse 11 states---But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt. Keeping in mind this is meaning during the NHNE. How do Amils, for example, or even Premils as well, explain why there would be miry and marishes that aren't healed, but given to salt instead, during the time of the NHNE?

And those that take the following literally---and there was no more sea(Revelation 21:1)--- how then do they explain, that according to Ezekiel 47:8, there is still a sea?---These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.

One last point to make--- whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed(Ezekiel 47:12)
That is describing something that has no end of. That is what is meant by that. How can it not be? And since it has to be , how can it not be meaning the same tree of life recorded in Revelation 22:2 since there is nothing else to compare with other than this? Obviously, something that can't be consumed does not involve something finite, but involves something endless. Therefore, if what I submitted above is not proof both accounts are involving the same things, the same time period, the everlasting NHNE, this should be proof enough though, since you can't have something that cannot be consumed fitting in an age that is finite.

Hi this is good that you understand that this is a literal prophecy so allow me to take another possibility that this river that flows into the Dead Sea is not the one in Revelation you site but the one created in Zech 14 when the LORD stands on the mount of Olives and it splits in two. The LORD kills those who have invaded Jerusalem that day and this river created is said to flow year round so there is a continuation of life after the LORD has come and this is seconded when it says in that day the LORD is king over all the earth and the nations which are left must now come to Jerusalem to worship the king and keep the feast of tabernacles or they will get no rain. This again is indicative of a literal millennium as also the detail that the salt marshes won't be healed and that fact that at this same time the 12 tribes of Israel are receiving their portion of the land within the known boundaries of Israel today. Also Jer 3 notes
7 “At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the LORD, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts.
18 “In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given as an inheritance to your fathers. This is still talking about the land given as the inheritance to the fathers and is Canaan and the millennium idea fits much better than the New Jerusalem idea although there may be some parallels.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,954.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When I had dreams of "heaven". I'm not exactly sure it is heaven but Jesus was there and even my late dad was there and Jesus was talking talking to me about my dad while my dad close by watching me in joy.

My dad looked exactly the same except younger and with the body of an athlete. While outwardly, dad looked like a normal flesh and blood human being, beneath the outward appearance, he was made of gold-colored metal of a construction completely alien to our technology.

The metal hulk underneath resembled the bodies of the "Eternals" in Marvel. I had this dream a few years before that movie came out.

Jesus said, He will make me the same as my dad but first, he'll need to break me before He can fix me up because he can't fix what isn't broken. It's very ironic that today my life has hit or about to hit rock bottom in all aspects, including emotional, and financial aspects. I'm literally broke in all things.

If dad isn't flesh and blood in heaven anymore, they can't eat like normal flesh and blood beings anymore.

Jesus told the flesh amounts to nothing (worthless) in the Bible and is perishable. Therefore, it can't be brought to eternity. Then whatever the notion of the saved Christians in the end times celebrating Christ's victory over the devil via big feast, must be figurative OR they haven't been transformed into their new bodies yet.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then whatever the notion of the saved Christians in the end times celebrating Christ's victory over the devil via big feast, must be figurative OR they haven't been transformed into their new bodies yet.

The resurrected Jesus ate fish with His disciples.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Before God created man He had already created fish. Everyone pretty much knows that some fish eat other fish, thus death. Should we assume that that never began happening until after man fell first? Or should we assume it's a fact of life since the beginning of them, meaning fish, that some of them are going to eat one another and that God had intended for them to do so, thus He created them with that nature? Which means death was already taking place before man fell, assuming the latter.
This is an interesting mystery. The New Earth is not subject to decay.

Other animals die but its not refered to as death. Corruption, decay, futile life but not death. Death is what happens to us.
Animals groan to share in the glory of the Children of God. But the other animals are defined by their obedience to the law of death. Survival defines their bodies and entire meaning.
Why does a lion have fangs? They are just in the way living on the new earth. Their flesh naturally obeys the law of death. Causes war in us.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,954.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The resurrected Jesus ate fish with His disciples.

They're still flesh and blood and there's a catch (no pun intended). Jesus asked Peter 3x if he loves him more than these things (the food / material things). It's an open-ended discussion, no closure.

Jesus did spoke of another food that brings eternal life and that the flesh counts for nothing. Did Jesus possibly hinted a prophecy that Christianity will falter and succumb to worldly / materialistic false teachings interpreting scriptures in a worldly / fleshly perspective when He asked Peter if he loves him 3x over the meal of fish and bread. This mirrors the event when He prophesied Peter will deny Him. Such prophecy is also told in the Book of Jude.

We could have brushed it off that I'm possibly mistaken but we see the results of Christianity today. They do love the world more than the Lord (the way they live their lives speaks the truth about them) and so hopelessly deceived they can't see it themselves and believe the lie to be the truth.

Upvote 0