Nov 25, 2007
my own world
✟4,564.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yu-Gi-Oh!! =D

I wasn't into the cards so much as I was the show. And not the new GT poo...that stuff is horrible compared to the original show!

But yea..that got me interested in anime..that and the fact my friends were always reading manga in middle school. I watched Inuyasha and wasn't too impressed with it, then I saw maybe one episode of FMA(still not seen any more than that) and then I saw Rurouni Kenshin on tv and fell in love!! =] <3

Oh gee, such happy thoughts. ^_^

Note: complete list of anime I like on mah profile.

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Honestly, Sailor Moon was the first anime I can remember watching... though I didn't know what anime was back when I was eight, lol...

I started really liking anime after I saw The Big O series... it was way cooler than the normal cartoons they had on CN, and it got me interested in finding other kinds of shows similar to it... so now I'm hooked on the stuff, yeah...

:angel:

Upvote 0

SuperSaint4GodDBZStyle

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
✟8,210.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
For me it was DBZ and lil Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors. I really enjoyed anime more and made it a part of my life when I started to create my own animes. Not really drawing because my drawings suck, but I'm very good at writing story lines.
I made one that model dbz. I was very interested in the immune system so I made up Super Cells, they're basically white blood cells transforming into like super saiyan warriors fighting deadly diseases. I had a big imagination back then...what am I talking about I still do. I have another one in the process. I'm planning on writing the whole anime on my laptop and someday in the future I would hope it could become a real anime.

Upvote 0

dragonfruit29

finding God's love in unexpected places
Dec 5, 2007
Potsdam, NY
Visit site
✟8,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
My first experience with anime was watching Sailor Moon on USA ten summers ago. I'd heard about it before then, bur hadn't watched it until I was 15, and goodness, I loved it, even if it was badly dubbed. After that, I ended up watching plenty more anime. I'm not nearly as addicted as I used to be, but I still enjoy collecting anime and manga.

Upvote 0

Ninjitsu14

Captain of 3rd Division in the Army of god
Apr 13, 2004
ate oh sicks
✟58,420.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Dragon Ball Z was the first anime I ever saw, back on Toonami. I remember rushing home every day just to watch it.

After that, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, and later Pokemon, then Yugioh.....I'm still a fan of Dragon Ball Z, and of Pokemon (to an extent), but I'd prefer to read the manga now than watch the anime.

Now I like Naruto, One Piece (now that, you know, the voices aren't annoying...XD), DBZ (not that GT crap), Bleach, and Death Note. I luvs me some good old Death Note!!!!

I also like reading Saiyuki and Fruits Basket.

Upvote 0
F

fuerein

My first encounter with actual anime, and not the 80's saturday morning cartoons, was in college a couple friends started watching Love Hina. I came in an episode or two after they started and then wasn't able to finish it till I had moved out on my own and found a complete copy of the series. My friends had watched the last half of the series without me... grrr....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blackmarch

Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Utah, USA
✟32,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
So, what was your first experience. I am not talking about the shows you watched as a kid, but the experience that made you a fan (unless it was those shows).

For me, it was the Chobits AMV made to the song "Not Gonna Get Us". That led me to watch Chobits, which led me to watching anime as a whole.
Nausicaa of the Valley of the wind Manga... if there was any comic deserving of the title "graphic Novel" that was it.
Totally blew me away. Still haven't really come across anything equal to it in many aspects.

Which spoiled me too lI have pretty high standards for what I will watch or read.. so there isn't that much anime that I really care or like.

Upvote 0

garfieldthecatman

Jul 27, 2005
Springfield
✟1,564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was first hooked to Dragonball series. Then I had an adult that I thought was really cool introduce me to Naruto. Then, while I was looking up Naruto episodes, I came across Bleach, which is my current addicion.

I think Renji and Kenpachi should have their own show. :p

Upvote 0

TheManeki

Christian Humanist
Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
✟21,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was back when I was seven, and I made friends with a boy who had just moved to the US from Japan. So he wouldn't feel too lonely, his grandparents would tape Japanese shows on Betamax tapes and mail them to him, and we'd watch them. He'd translate enough of what was going on for me to follow along. I got to see Muscleman, Doraemon, and some of the old Gundam that way.

It was very cool and different, and fun to watch. Too bad my friend moved back to Japan a couple of years later, leaving me without a fix until anime started to be available in my neck of the woods in the early 1990s. Other people here have mentioned the Sci-Fi channel's airing of the old Streamline titles. That was a load of fun.

Upvote 0

Kitangel

Radical lefty
Jan 13, 2006
Melbourne
✟19,220.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Nausicaa of the Valley of the wind Manga... if there was any comic deserving of the title "graphic Novel" that was it.
Totally blew me away. Still haven't really come across anything equal to it in many aspects.

Which spoiled me too lI have pretty high standards for what I will watch or read.. so there isn't that much anime that I really care or like.
What about the movie? Nausicaa is a brilliant film! Come to think of it, Studio Ghibli is THE BEST anime studio in - ever. Mononoke was wonderful, I loved Laputa, and HMC Is awesome too ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreenWizard

Least-Known Member
Jan 13, 2008
Indiana
Visit site
✟55,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status