Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

funny-pictures-kitten-is-tough-and-.jpg

This thread had a clean up of problem posts. Please remember these site rules:

• Abortion, adultery, premarital sex, and marijuana use may be discussed, but encouraging participation in these activities is not allowed. Illegal activities may not be encouraged or promoted*.
Flaming and Goading

• Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
    • Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF, or use nicknames to do so. A list of unacceptable names can be found here.. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
    • NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, smileys or post ratings which are clearly meant to goad. Quoting and then editing another members post to change the original meaning, commonly referred to as "fixed it for you" (FIFY), is considered goading.
    • "Calling out" a member is an unsolicited comment about another member in reference to something they may have said, their personal beliefs, their signature, or their avatar (challenging the member in a negative manner). This applies to any thread, whether the called out member is participating in that thread or not. Do not quote, or make comments about another member, in your signature or user title.
    • Offensive derogatory nicknames and egregious inflammatory comments about public figures may be considered goading.
    • Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
    • If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

Trolling can be seen as goading.​

Hesitantly reopening.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You may have to expand a bit about what you seem to be upset about. When I see this in the context of the 1st Amendment, all I see is...

Non-Christians are praised [people exercising free speech] when they condone [people exercising free speech] abortion but Christians are [declared to be [people exercising free speech]] not politically correct if they share [people exercising free speech] Christian beliefs?

I will gladly expand. I believe in free speech. I believe that people can calmly disagree. I believe in ending conversations I'm having if the person I'm conversing with is becoming agitated.

In the 1980s my grade school daughter tried to share her Christian belief with another student at school. I had never talked to her about evangelizing. She came home and told me that the girl had started punching her. I went to the school and talked to the assistant principal. I was told that my daughter was the one who was guilty of wrongdoing. Why is violence condoned?

• Agree
Reactions: Sodafox
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
In the 1980s my grade school daughter tried to share her Christian belief with another student at school. I had never talked to her about evangelizing. She came home and told me that the girl had started punching her. I went to the school and talked to the assistant principal. I was told that my daughter was the one who was guilty of wrongdoing.

This sounds like a bad principal situation, not a First Amendment situation.

Upvote 0

Sodafox

Jun 17, 2021
Denver
✟18,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Not the First Amendment but I can see the logic of OP.

Why are BLM "protests" a O.K. and necessary during a supposed pandemic while gathering for church is a no-no?

Additionally, someone mentioned social media censoring certain ideas. That's true, too. Should freedom of speech not apply to social media platforms? While I can see both sides of this argument (the platform being a private company that can allow what they want) I typically do lean let the platforms do what they want. I just won't support those platforms and many others feel the same. There will always be corners for "wrong think" if you know where to look.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I'm not complaining about the First Amendment. I believe in it but not in someone's ignoring it in favor of violence.

For instance my five siblings have the right to tell me they are atheists or agnostics and Democrats. I am a Christian and a Republican.

And I agree with what Martin Luther King said in August 1963, "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums