Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,756.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Read it. Seem to have missed the "Point fingers at others and call them evil" section you found.

You missed the bit about Sodom and Gomorrah and man lying next to a man etc! ;)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, even after I pointed out you had some reading to do, you didn’t read the article?

There’s not going to be a specific segment in the company guidelines saying “employees may not tell one another that they need Jesus.” But there doesn’t need to be. Starbucks is pro-lgbt rights, so having an employee berate others for wearing a shirt that says as much is clearly at odds with company values. I don’t know why you’re trying to weasel out of acknowledging this.

I didn't ask for, nor expect specifics, but I did expect the quotes.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You missed the bit about Sodom and Gomorrah and man lying next to a man etc! ;)

Nope, saw those. Still does not say you should castigate others as evil. In point of fact I seem to recall the lead character saying something along the lines of "Love your enemies and treat them with compassion". Something about being known by your fruits.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have a right to have your moral values, you don't have a right to be a jerk about it. If she did indeed was rude and unfriendly to her fellow employee's then she should be fired, just as if I was rude and hostile to my Chrsitian fellow employee's. Thinking your right doesn't give you the right to be a jerk and expect to be paid.

Christians got to stop acting like having sincerely held religious beliefs allow them to be jerks or worse without consequence. Religious beliefs should not be an excuse to break laws or ignore ethical behavior.
I think you’ve summed this up succinctly and in simple language. It’s actually possible to witness to your coworkers without being accused of harassment or disrespect. By simply sharing about the positive affect Christ has had on your life and expressing the fruits of the spirit. Of course, excessively talking about one’s own religion can still be a problem so one should still practice moderation. But at work, it’s not appropriate to tell people they are going to hell or “need Jesus,” as that is a judgment about a coworker’s belief system, whether it be atheism, Judaism, or Paganism. Like you said, don’t be a jerk!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why? Was the quote from the article not enough?

Because I don't want to read a whole article...so seemed a reasonable request to ask for somthing you know exactly how to find.

But maybe there is not a lot of meat to it?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,756.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Nope, saw those. Still does not say you should castigate others as evil. In point of fact I seem to recall the lead character saying something along the lines of "Love your enemies and treat them with compassion". Something about being known by your fruits.

Thats why God decided to rein down on Sodom and Gomorrah with fire! ;)

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Mmmmm... Feel that Christian love.

It’s hate to lie to people and tell them "God made you just the way you are" when in fact sin made them "LGBTQ".

"Christian love" offers them salvation through the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It’s hate to lie to people and tell them "God made you just the way you are" when in fact sin made them "LGBTQ".

"Christian love" offers them salvation through the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

And eternal Hellfire and Damnation for those who refuse the Love of Christ. Praise God!

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Thats why God decided to rein down on Sodom and Gomorrah with fire! ;)

You are not God. Were you or were you not commanded by Christ to love your enemies and display your fruit to the world as a witness?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Can you love someone while calling them names and telling them they are evil? Is it possible for someone to feel loved while they are being disrespected?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you? Were you or were you not commanded by Christ to love your enemies and display your fruit to the world as a witness?
Yes. Because by doing so you will heap burning coals upon their heads and God will reward you.:sorry:

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Management deemed her attitudes incompatible with the company’s core values.

Bad management when they try to manage people's thoughts.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. I just listen to what He has to say! ;)
God tells us to love which I find to be rather easy. You can see it among family members who don't get along, but still retain the family ties. Thank God he never told us to like anything or everyone. That would be virtually impossible. Loving and liking are not connected. In fact, I can't find a verse that tells us to love everyone.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to Paul in the book and of Romans...
Homosexuality is a sin in itself but more importantly it is the result of sin. This is why the term "moral turpitude" is regularly associated with this particular sin.

And Christians are not going to promote sin as something good. They may personally struggle with sin and never be free of it. But that doesn't mean that they gain an identity in a sinful lifestyle as the LGBTQ crowd does.

Reactions: section9+1
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.