Not open for further replies.

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It’s hate to lie to people and tell them "God made you just the way you are" when in fact sin made them "LGBTQ".

"Christian love" offers them salvation through the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Which sin, and when, made friends and family members homosexual?

What do they need to be saved from?

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do you? Were you or were you not commanded by Christ to love your enemies and display your fruit to the world as a witness?
Your idea of what Christ said and did is off base.

Here's a bit in Matthew 12 about recognizing a tree by its fruit. Notice also what Jesus says in the very next verse.

33 “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. ...

There's this false idea of Christ, and of Christian love, that can be summed up as always being nice to everyone. Jesus was always nice to people, and He would never offend them or rebuke them or cause them to be uncomfortable. Jesus would never take a strong stand and refuse to compromise with evil. He came down from Heaven to preach tolerance and acceptance, and He would certainly never want to hurt anyone's feelings. He was mild, He was meek, He was always polite, He was friends with prostitutes and sinners (and of course, totally cool with what they did). Basically, He was a cosmic hippie whose message can be boiled down to "be good to each other, my dudes."

Nice Guy Jesus is popular, especially among non-Christians, because it effectively neuters Christianity and prevents Christians from doing or responding to anything.

Of course, this image of Christ is inaccurate. He was always loving, always forgiving of those seeking forgiveness, but He certainly wasn't always nice or passive. He came to proclaim the Kingdom of God, not to be your summer camp guidance counselor.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What does that even mean? My brother is gay, how did sin make him gay?

Sin which we inherited from Adam is what I meant. "Sin sprang to life and I died". We are all children of wrath until we become children of God through faith in Christ.

But this is getting away from the OP and the poster I initially responded to.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And eternal Hellfire and Damnation for those who refuse the Love of Christ. Praise God!

Speaking of Christ...

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them."

—John 3:36

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can you love someone while calling them names and telling them they are evil? Is it possible for someone to feel loved while they are being disrespected?

What are you talking about? "LGBTQ" and it’s variations are the "names" chosen by them, not me.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sin which we inherited from Adam is what I meant. "Sin sprang to life and I died". We are all children of wrath until we become children of God through faith in Christ.

But this is getting away from the OP and the poster I initially responded to.

Ah, so collective guilt, ancestral/inherited guilt, and vicarious punishment.

Tell me again about God's omnibenevolence.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,365.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Your idea of what Christ said and did is off base.

Here's a bit in Matthew 12 about recognizing a tree by its fruit. Notice also what Jesus says in the very next verse.

33 “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. ...

There's this false idea of Christ, and of Christian love, that can be summed up as always being nice to everyone. Jesus was always nice to people, and He would never offend them or rebuke them or cause them to be uncomfortable. Jesus would never take a strong stand and refuse to compromise with evil. He came down from Heaven to preach tolerance and acceptance, and He would certainly never want to hurt anyone's feelings. He was mild, He was meek, He was always polite, He was friends with prostitutes and sinners (and of course, totally cool with what they did). Basically, He was a cosmic hippie whose message can be boiled down to "be good to each other, my dudes."

Nice Guy Jesus is popular, especially among non-Christians, because it effectively neuters Christianity and prevents Christians from doing or responding to anything.

Of course, this image of Christ is inaccurate. He was always loving, always forgiving of those seeking forgiveness, but He certainly wasn't always nice or passive. He came to proclaim the Kingdom of God, not to be your summer camp guidance counselor.

Yes. I have heard this before. We must rebuke the sinner in order to love him. Tell me, have you ever heard someone say "scurge of modern society and an evil pit for the young and easily influenced..." and said to yourself "Self, gosh is that me? I best go hear more of what that person has to say. It sounds like he loves me."? Because myself it seems a little less "Rebuke in love" and a bit more "Castigate to the burning pits of hell". What would your response be?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,365.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What are you talking about? "LGBTQ" and it’s variations are the "names" chosen by them, not me.

I'm talking about telling someone they are a"scurge of modern society and an evil pit for the young and easily influenced..." That would be the disrespectful piece.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian