• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Finally know what's going on/correct diagnosis

Emerald518

Feb 24, 2018
Akron, Ohio
✟32,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Avoidant Personality Disorder, and it's likely I've had it all my life.

I was diagnosed with anxiety/social phobia/depression when I was very young and back in 2017, PTSD from a combination of childhood emotional/physical abuse as well as spiritual abuse from a church I was in for two years. But despite these diagnoses, I always felt like there was "something else".

It was thought that I may be on the autism spectrum/have a touch of Asperger's, but no professional agreed with that. Now that I read more about this, it ALL fits....the innate feeling that I'm somehow different on a fundamental level and inferior, the perfectionism, social awkwardness, always feeling like I'm being judged by people/God and am about to be punished for some wrongdoing, inability to see "gray" areas or believe anything other than the negative, catastrophic thinking, exaggerating potential problems....I feel relieved. Working on finding the proper treatment to help get this under control.

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible talks about renewing your mind. God has many promises, and His thoughts toward us are for good. As an example the bible says "delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart".

I am sure one of your desires is to feel more acceptance, both from God, and others. God is always willing to let you know His positive thoughts toward you. He wants to encourage you and strengthen your heart.

Psa 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

I would really encourage you to daily, seek the LORD to know those positive thoughts He has for you.

Upvote 0