Final stumpers for Creationists

Originally posted by Starscream
Hello, rynox, here's a wall-banger for you:

Compare these two quotes from your post

If evolution is such an invalid theory then why does it meet such animosity? That is my first reason for believing: myth-entologists like the one who wrote the post I quote from. ;)

I always thought that Rhinox made a pretty crappy Transformer, btw. Give me Ironhide anyday, now there's a noble Autobot!

I'm glad you asked. For some reason, it seems to be every evil person's goal to decrease the value of life. How wonderful it would be for them if we could equate human beings with apes.

~rynðx (who is more than ape)

ps- my name is ryan, nickname ryno, i add the x, satirically referring to malcom x

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
For some reason, it seems to be every evil person's goal to decrease the value of life.

I suppose so, but why are we talking about 'evil' people? What does 'evil' have to do with it?

How wonderful it would be for them if we could equate human beings with apes.

Oh, I see, you're equating evil people with evolution. I don't see how that stands, and besides, like all animals, I see apes as fantastic and wonderful creatures.

How wonderful it would be for humanity to realize that we share a common link with all the creatures of this Earth, and that all animals are deserving of our respect and care.

~rynðx (who is more than ape)

Who is also less then an open-minded man as well? What's wrong with apes, anyhow? Is it your goal to decrease the value of life of an ape?

I've come across this before, creationists who seem totally offended by the idea of sharing a common ancestry with other primates. Where does this supriority complex stem from? Strange.

ps- my name is ryan, nickname ryno, i add the x, satirically referring to malcom x

My mistake. (I still think Rhinox is a pretty crappy Transformer, though)

Upvote 0
Originally posted by God Fixation
But let's think about this, Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. But on the other hand if you are wrong, you're gonna be regretting it for eternity. Quite a gamble if you ask me.
And if your religion is wrong, and some other religion is true, then you'll be regretting it for eternity. Quite a gamble if you ask me. ;)

Upvote 0
Originally posted by TScott
The facts are this: According to a Sigma xi poll among Scientific phDs, 46% of them go to religious services. Now how deep their beliefs really go, I guess only they know, but the fact remains, no matter how uncomfortable it makes you, that a large percentage of scientists believe in a god. [/B]
And at one time, the majority believed that the earth was flat, but that didn't make them right.

Upvote 0

Even as an atheist, I doubt my life is any more 'sinful' then your average Christian. I might swear a bit more, but that's it.[/B]
Actually, you do not sin. Sin is rebellion against the will of God, and since you don't believe in God, there is nothing for you to rebel against. Sin and immorality are not the same thing. ;)

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
maybe evolution is right, you have the intelligence of an ape.

If I felt compelled to insult the intelligence of another person then I'd try to do so without resorting to the type of name-calling one would commonly find in a fourth grade playground.

Of course, If I were Christian, I wouldn't resort to name-calling at all...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Well of course you know that you're right, just like the Palestinian martyr knows he'll get to heaven by becoming a human bomb... [/B]

"Sarcasm is the recourse of a weak mind" ~Lost in Space

Yes, I do know, and am not open to any other views regarding my God. Call it closed minded if you must but I call it, Decided.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jon1101

Dec 31, 2001
Hillsdale, Michigan
Visit site
✟1,871.00
Faith
Christian
maybe evolution is right, you have the intelligence of an ape.

I would just like to mention that you in no way addressed my actual argument. You didn't even post the entire sentence. Rather, you took one statement that I made RHETORICALLY to prove the absurdity of YOUR POSITION and acted like I genuinely asserted it. Although I cannot remember the technical name - I'm sure one of you can and I'd appreciate you enlightening me - a very popular method of rebutting a given logic is to show that it leads to absurdity. Your statement of 'yeah, tell God what he means,' or whatever it is you said, leads to the statement 'God was wrong.' We both agree that this is absurd.

PLEASE, let me paraphrase the argument for you. PLEASE, refute the argument, rather than constructing an ill-hidden strawman. You said that I was telling God what he meant by reinterpreting the verse that said the earth was a circle. IF we take the verse at face value, without 'telling God what he means,' then we end up with God being WRONG because he said the earth was FLAT. YES, yes this statement of an all knowing, all powerful being making a mistake about the shape of the earth is rather absurd, but YOUR logic is what leads to this unintelligence you so mock. That was my initial argument - an argument that was twisted by your last post.

-jon

P.S. I'm not saying that evolution is true, but this does not stop me from pointing out illogic amongst creationists.

Upvote 0

jon1101

Dec 31, 2001
Hillsdale, Michigan
Visit site
✟1,871.00
Faith
Christian
"Sarcasm is the recourse of a weak mind" ~Lost in Space

I thought Paul was rather sarcastic when, in Galations, he told the people who were getting hung up over circumcision to castrate themselves. Or maybe he was serious... oh dear. ;)

-jon

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Cancer To Iniquity

PLEASE, let me paraphrase the argument for you. PLEASE, refute the argument, rather than constructing an ill-hidden strawman. You said that I was telling God what he meant by reinterpreting the verse that said the earth was a circle. IF we take the verse at face value, without 'telling God what he means,' then we end up with God being WRONG because he said the earth was FLAT. YES, yes this statement of an all knowing, all powerful being making a mistake about the shape of the earth is rather absurd, but YOUR logic is what leads to this unintelligence you so mock. That was my initial argument - an argument that was twisted by your last post.

In the english, perhaps...

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by papakapp
Cancer to inequity:
I'm new here and I assume you have been asked this a thousand times but I don't feel like checking archives so I'll ask it again:

IF you are a christian who believes in evolution then why in Genesis 1:31a ("God saw all that he made, and it was very good") does God call the earth very good? Adam and Eve would be standing on top of billions of years of dead animals and death and disease and misfits would have been part of Gods plan to bring Man into the world.

I don't see how the evolution model can fit with the creation account

(Keep in mind that I am ignoring the obvious, literal translation of Genesis 1 for the sake of this argument.)

What does the sentence, "You have a bad chopper.", mean today. Then, what would that same sentence mean, 6000 years ago?

John

Upvote 0