• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Film to portray martyrdom of Missionaries of Charity by Islamic State

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+42,951
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    A new movie will tell the story of four religious sisters of Mother Teresa's order who died as martyrs in Yemen.

British and Yemeni filmmakers have announced the production of a film depicting the martyrdom of nuns murdered by the Islamic State in Aden, the capital of Yemen, on March 4, 2016. The religious were members of the Missionaries of Charity founded by Mother Teresa of Calcutta. News of the upcoming film was shared in a recent article in National Catholic Register.

The movie will be called The Garden of Aden, which, in addition to referencing the city where the martyrdom took place, also uses wordplay to contrast this place of suffering with the garden of Eden.

Continued below.
    Film to portray martyrdom of Missionaries of Charity by Islamic State

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+11,608
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    It is news to me that the capital of Yemen is not Sana'a anymore. I just looked it up and the internet says that Aden is the 'temporary capital' since 2015. Hmm. Anyway, the movie sounds very interesting and inspiring. I remember when the events it portrays were happening, so I'll be interested to see how it is portrayed.

While we're vaguely on the subject, I think a film on the life, work, and eventual martyrdom of Sr. Leonella Sgorbati -- an Italian nun who ran a children's hospital in Somalia, and was eventually fatally shot in 2006, supposedly in reaction of Pope Benedict's infamous Regensburg lecture -- would be nice to see. Her last words were "I forgive." (She was beatified in 2018, too.)

3. anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace Newbie Supporter

+10,927
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  4. BrAndreyu

BrAndreyu Well-Known Member

+1,129
    United States
    Ukr. Grk. Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    I thought about watching The Letters but I was worried that it was going to be hit-job on St. Teresa of Calcutta because she had what I like to call "Opinions inappropriate for Hollywood" (opposition to abortion as well as just being a Roman Catholic).

If you say it's good, I'll check it out.