✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here's the ironic part...

"Some people on Twitter criticized the critic for missing the point of the movie, which marks a significant moment in Hollywood and culture."

Is the point of a movie to "make significant moments in Hollywood and culture"? Call me a purist...but I always believed the point to movies was to entertain. It sounds like he would have enjoyed it more had it been more of a superhero movie and less of a political statement (in his opinion).

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Normally, no. Yes when all the other reviews are 5/5.

I disagree - 5/5 is an excellent rating, 3/5 isn't a bad one, it's more of an "it's okay" movie. Isn't the job of the movie critic to honestly state his opinion about the movie? If it's not, why do we have movie critics?

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree - 5/5 is an excellent rating, 3/5 isn't a bad one, it's more of an "it's okay" movie. Isn't the job of the movie critic to honestly state his opinion about the movie? If it's not, why do we have movie critics?
I disagree about the 3/5 rating being not-bad in this case. Yes, about stating an honest opinion and the job of movie critics, which is why the critic shouldn't have been criticized in this case.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I gave it a 9 out of 10 on IMDB. It was a great movie (I'm a white male, near 40, if that matters). However I did notice popular film critics talking highly of it but didn't really say anything negative about it at all. Not even the tiniest criticism. I think its because they knew full well despite movie reviews have pros/cons, they would be called racist.

In my review I had no problem calling out the negatives. Though they were very minor negatives since the move was really well done.

I also notice the few normal people who reviewed it poorly talked about it being racist to rights or having "black power" only stuff in it. I didn't really notice that. Without spoiling it there was a "person" that was very much hating white people and essentially wanted to kill all whites. But that person was not a good guy so of course he would have bad views.

I say if anyone found the movie racist, then it says more about themselves then the movie. I'm referring to those who give it like a 1 our of 10.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most of the reviews for The Black Panther movie have been positive, even glowing. One critic gave it a 3/5 mildly-negative review. He is facing criticism for his review.

I have yet to watch it, but probably will on Blu Ray. I watched Dr. Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy featuring a talking raccoon, and somehow even though the old comic nerd in me never really got into those characters back in the day, somehow the movies just won me over and I couldn't help but appreciate them. I've watched most of the Netflix original series based on comic books and for the most part enjoy them, some more than others. Smallville is probably my favorite comic book based television series, it continues to rank higher with me than: The Flash, Gotham, and certainly Arrow series'. We all have our favorites and preferences and reasons behind them.

Btw, the movie I am looking forward to the most this year, is the Avengers Infinity War, finally get more than glimpses and hints of Thanos. I still have copies of the Infinity Gauntlet series of comics tucked away in mylar sleeves in acid free boxes. I really need to get around to selling a substantial portion when I get the time and means to. The serve as daily reminders of poor financial decisions (however small it is) more than anything. Oh well, live and learn I suppose.

Upvote 0