Fighting leftist indoctrination in public schools

Are parents right to fight leftist indoctrination in public schools?

• Yes

Votes: 28 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters

Nine of Spades

♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤
Nov 13, 2020
Texas
✟28,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
From the article:

A group of parents alarmed by what they see as left-wing indoctrination sweeping through K-12 schools on Tuesday announced a new online clearinghouse of information designed to help families navigate what’s happening in their children’s classrooms.

Nicole Neily, president of the group, Parents Defending Education, said parents are hungry for information to fight back against a curriculum that increasingly promotes racial and social justice ideology.

“There’s this feeling among some that this is just a New York and California thing, but it’s not; it’s everywhere,” she said. “It’s in private schools, parochial schools and red states.”

{snip}

“Parents across the country are mobilizing against critical race theory in schools,” he told The Washington Times. “All Americans should stand against the principles of race essentialism, collective guilt and neo-segregation.”

Article continues here: Parents Defending Education fights critical race theory in schools - Washington Times

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,801.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From the article:

A group of parents alarmed by what they see as left-wing indoctrination sweeping through K-12 schools on Tuesday announced a new online clearinghouse of information designed to help families navigate what’s happening in their children’s classrooms.

Nicole Neily, president of the group, Parents Defending Education, said parents are hungry for information to fight back against a curriculum that increasingly promotes racial and social justice ideology.

“There’s this feeling among some that this is just a New York and California thing, but it’s not; it’s everywhere,” she said. “It’s in private schools, parochial schools and red states.”

{snip}

“Parents across the country are mobilizing against critical race theory in schools,” he told The Washington Times. “All Americans should stand against the principles of race essentialism, collective guilt and neo-segregation.”

Article continues here: Parents Defending Education fights critical race theory in schools - Washington Times
Got any specific examples of how crt is implimented in schools?

Upvote 0

Nine of Spades

♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤
Nov 13, 2020
Texas
✟28,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Got any specific examples of how crt is implimented in schools?

They teach students to hate white people, forcing students to read books that make white people look like monsters. Also, I remember when I was in school a long time ago where we had to write a research paper on why the American Indians were the "real" writers and framers of the US Constitution and that old racist white men stole their ideas.

• Agree
Reactions: seaofsand
Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2019
Somewhere
✟30,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From the article:

{snip}

You can't win this battle.

Upvote 0

Nine of Spades

♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤
Nov 13, 2020
Texas
✟28,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Nine of Spades

♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤
Nov 13, 2020
Texas
✟28,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh. Well whoever is fighting it can't win it.

I hate to say this, but I’m afraid you’re right. The leftist juggernaut is so massive that it can’t be stopped. Even if you were to fire all the woke left-wing teachers who teach that white people are the source of all evil in the world and vilify white, heterosexual males, there would be millions more SJW zealots lining up to take their place, seeking to indoctrinate future generations of children with their hostility toward white males.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,801.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They teach students to hate white people, forcing students to read books that make white people look like monsters. Also, I remember when I was in school a long time ago where we had to write a research paper on why the American Indians were the "real" writers and framers of the US Constitution and that old racist white men stole their ideas.
No, I'm looking for something specific. Give me the names of some books that are required reading or give me the curriculum itself. Give me the names of some schools that are teaching crt.

Let's look at some real life examples so we can discuss it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I am single and don’t have kids in public schools in the first place. Therefore, it’s not a battle I’m engaged in.
And yet you started the thread?
Do the “Moonies” still own the Washington Times?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I hate to say this, but I’m afraid you’re right. The leftist juggernaut is so massive that it can’t be stopped. Even if you were to fire all the woke left-wing teachers who teach that white people are the source of all evil in the world and vilify white, heterosexual males, there would be millions more SJW zealots lining up to take their place, seeking to indoctrinate future generations of children with their hostility toward white males.
People who think that the United States could be an even better country if we could rid ourselves of thinking that devalues BIPOC are wrong?
Tell me more!

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
They teach students to hate white people, forcing students to read books that make white people look like monsters.
what books would these be exactly?

Also, I remember when I was in school a long time ago where we had to write a research paper on why the American Indians were the "real" writers and framers of the US Constitution and that old racist white men stole their ideas.
I'm guessing you got a failing grade on that paper. The founding fathers did study Native American governments when they began forging first the articles of Confederacy and later the Constitution. Europe didn't have any models of representative democracy to guide the framers of the Constitution but the Native American's did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, parents are right to fight leftist and rightist indoctrination in public schools.

I think I have a somewhat different view than Nine of Spades of what constitutes indoctrination, but I sympathize with the spirit of the message.
:oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Telling the truth about history isn't wrong. And I cant believe lefties are being blamed for this. Christians and all people need to grow up and own up to there evil history.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,548.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. What do you mean by that?

I mean that I don't buy the idea that including concepts like social justice or systemic racism in education is "leftist indoctrination" or a "harmful agenda," rather than a well-rounded education. Even if you don't uncritically agree with those concepts in all the ways they manifest and are applied, they are important ideas to know about as part of our contemporary social landscape.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The founding fathers did study Native American governments when they began forging first the articles of Confederacy and later the Constitution.
Exactly.
We’re well imbued with all sorts of details about various systems of governance these days and most astute debaters here could give rough outlines of how a pure democracy would work (Pro tip:it wouldn’t); how an absolute monarchy differs from a Constitutional Monarchy; various methods of parliamentary procedures and rudimentary rules regarding each, and so forth...

But the Founders only had theoretical models since there wasn’t a western Republic (of note) since Julius crossed the Rubicon; trying to understand how indigenous cultures governed themselves (without the authority of a God-sanctioned Leader delegating because he was born right), allowed the Fathers to explore avenues of political-thought that can be hard to imagine without concrete examples.

Sure they were smart guys and not to derail the thread but if they knew what an AR-15 could do, the Second Amendment would have never been written.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0