Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You are apparently unfamiliar with PCOS - Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome, which causes hair growth on a woman's face. Some of the women with this condition have quite full beards.

This is a frequently overlooked side effect of PCOS. Well, overlooked or ignored in such discussions because it tends to be inconvenient.

Example.

Reactions: Kylie
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are apparently unfamiliar with PCOS - Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome, which causes hair growth on a woman's face. Some of the women with this condition have quite full beards.
I am aware. But that is a medical malady.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because they want to communicate that it has a face that has characteristics that are generally considered feminine?

Yes, there are traits that are more typically found in female faces, just as there are traits more typically found in male faces. But these traits do have quite a lot of overlap. I can show you female faces that have traits that are generally considered masculine, just as I can show you male faces with traits generally considered feminine.

Is that why they say fictional creatures are part women?

When do those traits overlap?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because they want to communicate that it has a face that has characteristics that are generally considered feminine?

Yes, there are traits that are more typically found in female faces, just as there are traits more typically found in male faces. But these traits do have quite a lot of overlap. I can show you female faces that have traits that are generally considered masculine, just as I can show you male faces with traits generally considered feminine.

the artists?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums