Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That strikes me as overly cynical. A relationship with a complete person can be a "reward" for good character. It's not a reward in the sense of getting a trophy, but rather in the sense of a personal change for the better opening up new possibilities for oneself. No one must be "a living sex toy" simply because someone else had attracted them by exercising virtuous courage, or whatever. The story telling message is instead: "be a good person, and you will have better relationships with the opposite sex than would have been available to you before".

This is where negative people such as Anita Sarkeesian go terribly wrong in their thinking about video games, for instance. She completely misunderstands both male psychology and story telling.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Cynical, perhaps, but not overly so. Have you seen the way women are treated? I can't tell you how many times I've been treated like the "little woman" simply because I'm out with my husband.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What you are missing is the intended audience. If a story is aimed at men, naturally it isn't about how women want to be. And it shouldn't, because that misses the point of the story.

You might have a point about stories aimed at women. If it presents them in some diminished form, it may either be done to limit women, or it is simply an anachronistic story.

Context is everything, here.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Can you give me an example of a story aimed at men that treats women this way?

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Many may not think that. But try to compare two bald humans, one male and one female. Doesn't their bodies look the same? Yes. And why is that? Its the same with animals, one women and one man. You wanna know why women arent attractive, because they are here for reproduction, man and woman to simply create a new life form. And thats it. So you may have seen some wicked stuff online whether it is fanart, inappropriate contentography or any bad stuff. But i tell you, its an illusion of lewdness that in the bible is considered sinful. It may look nice. But its a trick. What i mean by that is that it is a logical reason to why it is not ok to do so. And its not just because god just said so(Although he knows the best). But there is a reason. It degenerates you. Like whether it is homosexuality or inappropriate content or anything, anything lewd is degeneration by itself.

But to help you understand why its not really attractive, you can just compare a pic of a bald women and men, and there you have the answer, the body parts is purely for reproduction. And thats all!

I'd like to hear your views though?

I like this. This is something I need to remind myself every time I want to lust. It is all an illusion.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How would you word it?

Are you saying there is no intermediate between child and man/woman? We just switch overnight?

Sorry, I think I wasn't clear in how I phrased it.

I don't think that it just happens overnight. We do have a point where we are considered children, and later considered adults, with a phase in between that is harder to define.

But defining these stages can be very tricky. There's no clear cut point where we can say that a person stops being a child and enters the intermediate stage. It's more a case that they develop adult characteristics which are subtle at first and become more pronounced, while at the same time they lose childlike characteristics, only a little at first, but the loss of those characteristics also becomes more pronounced over time.

I was simply speaking of the way you phrased the idea, not the idea itself.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I don't think that it just happens overnight. We do have a point where we are considered children, and later considered adults, with a phase in between that is harder to define.

But defining these stages can be very tricky. There's no clear cut point where we can say that a person stops being a child and enters the intermediate stage. It's more a case that they develop adult characteristics which are subtle at first and become more pronounced, while at the same time they lose childlike characteristics, only a little at first, but the loss of those characteristics also becomes more pronounced over time.

I'm talking about physically an adult-not legally.

Did you agree with intermediate? Is that well known or I just figured it out?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Is it unbibical to say he didn't reach puberty? he isn't a child-regardless of some traits of puberty lacking.

I am Brandon Westfall - 29 Year Old Male Who Hasn't Hit Puberty (Kallmann's Syndrome) - |AMA • r/IAmA

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm talking about physically an adult-not legally.

Did you agree with intermediate? Is that well known or I just figured it out?

I believe I said that I agreed with the idea of a transitioning period between child and adult...

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe I said that I agreed with the idea of a transitioning period between child and adult...

Is that well-known?

Like people called me a young man when i was 17 years old, but looking back at middle school, there were some undefined periods.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is that well-known?

Like people called me a young man when i was 17 years old, but looking back at middle school, there were some undefined periods.

Are you asking me if it is well known that people are not a child one day and fully grown adult the next day?

Wut? o_O

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then why do most people tell a person's sex by their face?
Not so sure that they do.

Unless you mean whether a person has a beard or not; in which case Native Americans will throw a curve ball in that direction.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then why do most people tell a person's sex by their face?

That's not always a reliable way. Is this persona a man or a woman?
jhanson_androgynous_07.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then why do people say fictional creatures have a female face?

Because they want to communicate that it has a face that has characteristics that are generally considered feminine?

Yes, there are traits that are more typically found in female faces, just as there are traits more typically found in male faces. But these traits do have quite a lot of overlap. I can show you female faces that have traits that are generally considered masculine, just as I can show you male faces with traits generally considered feminine.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because they want to communicate that it has a face that has characteristics that are generally considered feminine?

Yes, there are traits that are more typically found in female faces, just as there are traits more typically found in male faces. But these traits do have quite a lot of overlap. I can show you female faces that have traits that are generally considered masculine, just as I can show you male faces with traits generally considered feminine.

The faces still don't look feminine.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't really understand what this thread is about.. lol..

As far as feminine faces, they tend to be more child/baby like. Evolutionary this is thought to encourage coddling behavior. Considering women are the ones who bear children, it makes sense that they develop features that are more easily reciprocated with care and concern about one's physical well being. So they more closely resemble cues you find from infants. Of course this behavior easily creates sexist problems. Some viewed as beneficial and others as non-beneficial. Less prison time compared to men, yet not taken as seriously in the work place as a more adult looking man.

The natural sentiments of "women and children first" when the Titanic sinking comes from biological reasons.

It's one of the reasons many conservatives and male feminists treat women the way they do. Lol.

Many men will rush to damsel a feminine looking female, while women like Andrea Dorwkins are usually more despised and not cared for. Lol.

Upvote 0