Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I have heard it said that it is bad to think too much about God in mystical ways; it is enervating, and takes the mind off the business of the world. "And," someone once remarked to me, "You can't really believe in God at all when you see the mess the world is in."

Is it his world that is in a mess, or our world? Most of our troubles are of our own making. But the skeptic persists, "How about tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, plagues, famines, and the disasters that insurance companies call 'acts of God'?"

We can worry about these things in relation to the existence of a loving God till the thought drives us crazy. And the more we worry, the worse things seem to get, as if by some process of sympathetic magic our negative thoughts were helping to produce the very disorders we are criticizing and the disasters we fear.

The fact is that there is another force in the universe called "evil" which God did not create, except in the sense that he is the powerhouse which provides the power that wicked people misuse for their own destruction.
We alone are responsible for hell--that horrific reservoir of evils and falsities which continually overflows into the world. God allows or permits hell to continue out of respect for human free will.

Maybe you do not think this is an adequate or satisfactory explanation of the existence of evil. Well, we cannot expect to know all the answers.

What I do know, from personal experience, is that the more we concentrate on these negative aspects of life, the more they seem to become part of us; whereas by turning away from the darkness and facing the Lord as the Light, we bring that light into our lives and into our environment and situation. Beware of negative thoughts, and even more of negative speech, which has behind it the power of black magic.

Upvote 0

barb754

Believer
Dec 26, 2004
Guilford, New York
✟270,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We live in an age where those who are older are often shoved
aside. This is true in the professional world with employees. This
is also true in churches which often find themselves pandering to
those who are younger or more financially powerful, while
forgetting the aging and powerless. Let's remember that God cares
what happens to each one of us, no matter status or stature or age

Reactions: doc329
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
“Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1).

God provides us with a right relationship with Him, peace with God, and a deep and satisfying joy because of what God has done for us in Christ. The believer experiences “joy unspeakable and full of glory” because of the work of Christ, not only for us, but in us. Deep, satisfying and lasting peace and joy is found in Christ alone.

The reason for this joy and peace is because our becoming children of God depends entirely on what Jesus Christ did for us and what we do with Him. The apostle John summarized beautifully this great truth in these words: “This is the record, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son has not life” (1 John 5:11-12).

Just think of it, the very moment you accept Jesus Christ, you receive God’s kind of life. There is no other way in which anyone can get eternal life in Christ.
We receive eternal life in an instant by simple acceptance of Jesus Christ. It is God’s free gift to us in response to personal faith in Christ

Upvote 0

notwrapped

Legend
Jul 4, 2007
✟97,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some Wonderful Words I must say
The truth of the Lord always inspires me

Thank You for this !

withinyou.jpg

May God Bless You All !

Reactions: barb754
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The Undivided Heart.
Psa 86:11 (KJV) Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

We only know God's will as we seek to know him through prayer and the study of his Word.
The more we know about God, the more we know of what he expects of us.
And as we get to know God better, we will discover that he not only gives us direction,
but also gives us the strength and encouragement we need to walk down the pathway he chooses for us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Undivided Heart.
Psa 86:11 (KJV) Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

We only know God's will as we seek to know him through prayer and the study of his Word.
And as we get to know God better, we will discover that he not only gives us direction,
but also gives us the strength and encouragement we need to walk down the pathway he chooses for us.
So very true, doc.
Thank you!

God bless you :hug:

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Loving relationship with God
The average person just doesn't seem to realize that God desires a personal and intimate and loving relationship with them.

God longs for the time when you simply talk to him, when you think about him, when you ask for his help or guidance.

He desperately wants you to allow him to speak to your heart.
He wants you to read his word and learn about him. His love for you is so great that even though you spend so little time with God, you still walk surrounded and bathed in his love.

He is concerned about every single aspect of your life and he really wants only the very best for you, while at the same time he wants you to love him back. But sadly, few people even give God the time of day.

Excellent post, doc. :) Bless you! :hug:

Dear Lord, I rejoice that Christ dwells within my life. Therefore, with full assurance I know that eternal life is my present possession. Now, I desire to grow in the fullness of that life, so I set my heart to know You better. Please reveal Yourself to me more and more through Your holy word, Amen.

rockedmyworld.gif

:prayer: in agreement with you, notwrapped.

Upvote 0

barb754

Believer
Dec 26, 2004
Guilford, New York
✟270,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
When we are young and have so many things to do, many things can
distract us from what is important. We must let the Lord gather our
passions under his grace in those early days of excitement and
frenetic joy so we can be used for God's greater good. For most of
us, age brings a crescendo of limitations of one kind or another.
This doesn't mean life has to be bad, just that we had better put
our priorities in order. Hopefully we learned the lessons of faith
in our youth so that we have the maturity and wisdom to be mentors,
examples, and counselors for those who come after us on the path.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bornagain91

Legend
Jan 16, 2007
Cardiff South Wales UK
✟124,042.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
ETERNITY IN THE MAKING
Deliver hearts of wanton lust

Each soul of errant hate
Before the flesh turns into dust
Sealing our endless fate

Where shadows cloud The righteous path
Where darkness hides The Way
Many may face eternal wrath
Many may rue today

But where there’s Light of God’s displayed
Where truth has come alive
Darkness will shrink shadows will fade
And souls will surely thrive

Eternal love is ours to share
So no one seeks in vain
The facts of life are everywhere
The Truth’s revealed quite plain

Eternity, we help to make
According to our seed
Depending on the road we take
The life we choose to lead

What future are we heading for?
What wind is in our sail?
Is joy beyond that distant shore?
Or tears when we fail?

Wisdom would seek the far and wide
Would seek for grace and love
Would bid God’s Son to shine inside
Guiding The Way above

Through faith blind eyes receive their sight
Through Christ God’s Lamb on high
We learn to see through Heaven’s Light
Beyond the day we die
Michael P. Johnson

Reactions: tracifish
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Resources for Bad Times

James 1:5-8 (KJV)
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Have you ever had bad days when you simply could not win?
One fellow was driving home from work one evening and heard a radio announcer suggest to his listeners that they surprise their mates when they get home. When you arrive home for dinner,he said,"instead of growling something like, "When will dinner be ready?"
Why not suprise your wife with a little gift?"

The man thought to himself that that sounded like a good idea. So he stopped along the way for a bouquet of flowers and a box of candy. Instead of driving into the garage, he went up to the front door and rang the bell. His wife opened the door, saw him standing there with a radiant smile, holding out his gifts to her and declared crankily.Well if this doesn't beat all.

Listen, Buster, the baby is sick, the washing machine is broken again, Junior and another boy got into a fight at school today and got expelled. Now, as I might have expected, you make my day perfect by coming home drunk!

Trouble comes to us all. But there are certain resources that are universal to all Christians to help us cope with our difficulties. The emphasis of this is not only the need we each have for these things - but the availability of them.

One thing this poor housewife could have used for sure was a little bit of wisdom.
We all need wisdom in order to see our problems in their truest light and to see how to make the best use of them.
We need to understand what James means by wisdom.
It is obviously more than just intelligence.

Wisdom includes a moral and spiritual quality. It is based on a healthy fear of the Lord. It is the sum of practical religion.

There are essentially two kinds of wisdom......
One is from God. It is pure, peaceable, gentle, and easy to control.
The other is not from God, It is earthy, sensual, and demonic

Reactions: tracifish
Upvote 0

bill'swife

let peace rule...
Jan 23, 2005
facebook
Visit site
✟127,389.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Every life is a mixture of blessing and blight, achievement and
heartache. We don't choose the state of affairs, but we do choose a
state of mind.

The Undivided Heart.

:amen:and :amen: You two are wonderful!! Blessings to many ppl here...thank you!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.