Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
We all need a guide through the many strait places in life as much as the sailor needs a pilot over the sandy bar or up the rocky river, and where is this guide to be found? We point you, to the Bible

God, has given us His Word as a lamp to our feet and a light to our path. Its teachings have a vital bearing on our prosperity in all the relations of life.
The Bible is the great standard of right and wrong, clearly defining sin and holiness. Its living principles, running through our lives like threads of gold, are our only safeguard in trial and temptation.

The Bible is a chart, showing us the waymarks of truth. Those who are acquainted with this chart will be enabled to tread with certainty in the path of duty, wherever they may be called to go.
When faith in God's Word is lost, the soul has no guide, no safeguard. The youth are drawn into paths which lead away from God and from everlasting life.

To this cause may in great degree be attributed the widespread iniquity in our world today. When the Word of God is set aside, its power to restrain the evil passions of the natural heart is rejected.
When God's Word is made the man of our counsel, when we search the Scriptures for light, heavenly angels come near to impress the mind and to enlighten the understanding, so that it can be truly said, "The entrance of thy words giveth light. . . ." Ps. 119:130.
The Word of God is light and truth. . . . It is able to guide every step of the way to the city of God.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We all need a guide through the many strait places in life as much as the sailor needs a pilot over the sandy bar or up the rocky river, and where is this guide to be found? We point you, to the Bible

God, has given us His Word as a lamp to our feet and a light to our path. Its teachings have a vital bearing on our prosperity in all the relations of life.
The Bible is the great standard of right and wrong, clearly defining sin and holiness. Its living principles, running through our lives like threads of gold, are our only safeguard in trial and temptation.

The Bible is a chart, showing us the waymarks of truth. Those who are acquainted with this chart will be enabled to tread with certainty in the path of duty, wherever they may be called to go.
When faith in God's Word is lost, the soul has no guide, no safeguard. The youth are drawn into paths which lead away from God and from everlasting life.

To this cause may in great degree be attributed the widespread iniquity in our world today. When the Word of God is set aside, its power to restrain the evil passions of the natural heart is rejected.
When God's Word is made the man of our counsel, when we search the Scriptures for light, heavenly angels come near to impress the mind and to enlighten the understanding, so that it can be truly said, "The entrance of thy words giveth light. . . ." Ps. 119:130.
The Word of God is light and truth. . . . It is able to guide every step of the way to the city of God.
It is soothing just reading this. Knowing the Word is sure, that the Word is right, that the Word never fails gives me a sense of security, a strong sense of security.

We do well to give heed to it, and to implement the instructions we find therein. Every time I do what it says, I am blessed by it.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
When I think of the guiding function of light, I think of the rows of lights that extend along each side of an airport runway. The lights show the pilot exactly where the runway is, where it is safe to land.

A light is a guide that helps us know the direction that we should go. When we follow the light's guidance we are safe. But when we "try to land" in the dark, or drive in the dark, or even walk through a strange woods in the dark, we soon find ourselves in difficulty.

We soon discover that we need the guidance of light.
Jesus came into this world to provide that guidance. And even though He has returned to heaven, He has not left us in darkness. He has given us His Word as a lamp to guide our feet through the complexities of life.

Christians become lights to those around them when they share God's Word with others, not only in their daily lives, but through Bible study and other means of sharing the counsel of the Bible?. And as we heed the light ourselves, a wonderful thing takes place ? we become light for God in a dark world.

Reactions: tracifish
Upvote 0

tracifish

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
✟19,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Undivided Heart.
Psa 86:11 (KJV) Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

We only know God's will as we seek to know him through prayer and the study of his Word.
The more we know about God, the more we know of what he expects of us.
And as we get to know God better, we will discover that he not only gives us direction,
but also gives us the strength and encouragement we need to walk down the pathway he chooses for us.
Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

Upvote 0

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
goodnight doc, I hope you are doing lovely.:wave: :hug: :hug: :hug:

friendship.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bornagain91

Legend
Jan 16, 2007
Cardiff South Wales UK
✟124,042.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
TRUE LOVE WAITING
To date death’s dread has failed to cease

Life’s brought as yet no cure
But as for me; enwrapped in peace
My future’s more than sure

Regardless how you think or feel
Though shadows may appear
Though life as yet may seem surreal
Jesus holds you dear

Always He’s close always at hand
Always with love divine
Take heart my friend and understand
God’s perfect love is mine

Given by grace constant and free
Whilst still in shameful sin
Salvation came to visit me
And found a place within

Imagine wisdom at your door
Envisage perfect love
That both with you would death endure
And rise to life above

When last on earth I close my eyes
And deep in darkness laid
I’ll rise complete to Paradise
Through Heaven’s promise made

Like Christ my King Jesus my Lord
Potent pure and true
Brilliantly made, perfect restored
Joyful I’ll stand anew

I know through love what life’s about
I know why Jesus died
So rise with me doubting all doubt
Bidding The Truth inside
Michael P. Johnson

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Think of the pleasure it will bring God when you periodically say a small little prayer to him, when you take a moment and offer thanks to him for all the good things that are happening in your daily life. God will be so proud when you tell him that you are trying to lead a life that is pleasing to him, but that you constantly need his encouragement and his guidance.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
We ask ourselves this question a lot.
Why does God allow some things to happen? We always look at the question from our own, earthly, human perspective. We forget that death is a part of life and that it is a necessary passage in existence.
To God, death is not a bad thing, but merely a part of the way things are. Death isn't a cruelty or a punishment. Our days on earth are a gift, and we should live them as fully as we can.
If we die, we are in the Lord's hands, and everything will work out just fine. Faith is the key. We must learn to know that God has everything under control, and that He will turn all situations to good. Even death is a wonderful thing in the hands of God.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
As we walk with Christ, may we live as ones who recognize and believe that it depends on faith – our faith in God and God’s faith in us.
In doing so, we will become the people of the covenant who are blessed beyond measure to receive the life which truly is life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.