Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
icon12.gif
Hello...

Good Morning Everyone...

God Bless You !

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Psalm 105:37-41
He brought [Israel] forth also with silver and gold, and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.
Egypt was glad when they departed, for the fear of them had fallen upon the people.
The Lord spread a cloud for a covering [by day], and a fire to give light in the night.
[The Israelites] asked, and He brought quails and satisfied them with the bread of heaven.
He opened the rock, and water gushed out; it ran in the dry places like a river.

These are the things the Lord did for the children of Israel, yet they soon forgot His works.

He has done these things for us too. He supplies all our needs. He strengthens us so we can run and not grow weary, walk and not faint. He leads us in the way to go, and He is our shield and protector. He has given us the Bread of Heaven, whose body was broken for us, that whoever eats of His body may live. And He has given us His Holy Spirit to flow from our hearts as a river in a the desert places.

Let’s learn from the children of Israel, and NOT forget His works to us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

barb754

Believer
Dec 26, 2004
Guilford, New York
✟270,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God takes great delight when we pray asking for his guidance and
help! This is especially true when the focus of our efforts is on
building up his people and his Kingdom. Nehemiah comes as God's
servant. He's not giving God a "go do" list using prayer to make
God his servant. Instead, Nehemiah's heart burns with the needs of
God's people. The rest of the book of Nehemiah is proof that God
loves his children to pray when the desires of their heart are on
his people and his will.

O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this yourservant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering
your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in
the presence of this man.
-- Nehemiah 1:11

Good morning

Reactions: doc329
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good morning, Doc and Barb.

Good morning whitehorse and bornagain.
Good Morning..
Hi Glenda! :hug:
Hello all:wave:
Hi sweetie. :wave:
Psa 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Amen! Thank you for this wonderful verse!
Hello...

Good Morning Everyone...

God Bless You !
Hello, and the Lord bless you too!

Good morning everyone!

Sometimes our expectations lead to discouragement or exhaustion, but God's expectations bring rest and balance!

Have a great day!
Ahhh. Good word. You have a great day too!

Amen! Yes, we do! :clap:

Good morning everyone....
Hi Phil. Hey, I mentioned Phil. 4:13 just a moment ago. See my post upthread from this morning.

And may your every need be supplied according to His riches.

Hope to see you later, Pro_odeh, stormboy, Bill, and all you wonderful people. The Lord bless you!

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Furtherance of the Gospel
February 1, 2007

"But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel" (Philippians 1:12).

The infrequently used word "furtherance" (meaning simply "advancement") occurs elsewhere only in Philippians 1:25 where Paul speaks of the "furtherance and joy of faith" which he hoped to see in the Christians at Philippi, and in I Timothy 4:15, where it is translated "profiting." There Paul urged young Timothy to continue studying the things of God, "that thy profiting may appear to all."

Paul wrote this epistle while he was unjustly imprisoned in a Roman jail, and no doubt he remembered the time when he had first met many of his Philippian Christian friends as a result of being imprisoned and beaten in a Philippian jail (Acts 16:12-40). In fact he had often been imprisoned (II Corinthians 11:23) and had suffered severely in many other ways for "the furtherance of the gospel."

Indeed, during the two years or more he was a prisoner in Rome, he not only taught God's Word to many who visited him there (Acts 28:30-31) but also wrote at least four of his inspired epistles there (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon -- possibly even Hebrews), and these have been of untold blessing to millions down through the years. In ways which Paul could never have imagined, it was true indeed that these things which had happened to him had "fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel."

The apostle Paul had the spiritual insight to realize that what seemed like great problems and difficulties could be used by God to the "advancement" of the gospel. Rather than complaining or even quitting when the Christian life gets hard, we must remember that God can make even "the wrath of man" to bring praise to Him (Psalm 76:10).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.