Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

barb754

Believer
Dec 26, 2004
Guilford, New York
✟270,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one
died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that
those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who
died for them and was raised again.
-- 2 Corinthians 5:14-15

What motivates you to do what you do? What drives you to
accomplish, to achieve, and to pursue even more? Paul said that
love was his compelling force. What would happen in our lives if
love was truly THE compelling factor in our motivation and
behavior? What if our desire to love those who do not know Jesus'
saving grace became our all-consuming concern out of love? He died
so that it would be! Let's not disappoint him.

Good morning & God bless

Upvote 0

linchen

Legend
Jul 13, 2005
UK
Visit site
✟67,243.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by barb754

What if our desire to love those who do not know Jesus'
saving grace became our all-consuming concern out of love?

He died so that it would be!

Let's not disappoint him.

[move]Beautiful words![/move]

Reactions: Gazelle
Upvote 0

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Text Eze 37:1-14
How many here this morning have ever felt like an old dry bone? All your marrow gone and youv'e been gnawed by the dog. If you have, then you can identify with the Isrealites. Nebuchnezzer had swept through Israel, conquered them, tore down the temple, demolished their towns and taken them into captivity. Everything they had was gone and God had seemingly turned his back on them. But then God took Ezekiel and in a vision plopped him smack in the middle of a valley with nothing there but old dried up bones. Not a shred of flesh or a sinew left on them. Then God asked a seemingly redundant question; Son of Man can these bones live?" A question that should have had the answer "no". But you have to credit Ezekiel because he said "Oh Sovereign Lord, only you know." He knew that the Lord could do anything He desired.

Sometimes through our own sin, or through circumstances beyond our control our lives are stripped to the bare bone. Everything that we value is taken away from us. We stop praying, stop reading the Bible, start trying to take things into our own hands and slowly but surely we dry up spiritually. We become another skeleton in that valley. Our hope that we will once again be a living and vital person is non existent. After a time we think that God dosn't care. Our trials become all consuming and we start to lose our faith. We suffer and we make sure that everyone around us knows it. We negelct our family, our friends, our jobs, our health and God. Our life becomes stale and dried out and it's only with great difficulty that we make ourselves go through the motions of a faith that has become empty and lifeless. But God has so much more in store for us than we can see from where we are now.

If we read a little further in the chapter we see something miraculous taking place. We hear God saying to Ezekiel

Eze 37:4 "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD !
Eze 37:5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.
Eze 37:7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone.
Eze 37:8 I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.
Eze 37:9 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.' "
Eze 37:10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet-a vast army.

Can you imagine Ezekial's astonishment when those skeletons started rattling and coming together? Suddenly flesh appeared on them yet they were still dead. But then God tells Ezekiel, Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.' " Suddenly a wind or breath from God blows over these corpses and they come to life. God renews their Spirit in them and they live!

We see that no matter how miserable our condition has become there is hope. He has gracious designs for us. He wants to bless us. He longs to clothe us in flesh and breath His Spirit into us. To make us new and living again. He wants us to have a life that is able to be lived to the full. He wants us to come back to Him for healing.

If we look further into history we see that God restored the Isrealites to their homes, the temple was rebuilt and God himself came in the flesh to dwell among us and to give us his life restoring Spirit and at the end in that great resurrection He will come and raise us from the dead and clothe us with eternal life
When the future looks dim we can still hold onto hope. We don't need to become a dry bone. When those times come we need to be" a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither", not an old dry bone.

Upvote 0

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Good morning,
IMG_1950.JPG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bill'swife

let peace rule...
Jan 23, 2005
facebook
Visit site
✟127,389.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought I smelled a new thread...hello doc & everyone:wave:

There's such a sweet spirit on this thread. It is a pleasure to come here. :)

Ya'll are wonderful! The Lord bless each one of you. :groupray:
I totally agree!!!:groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
When a person comes to see the proper foundation of faith and trust with his own eyes, this is saving faith. "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life." (John 6:40) "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me." (John 17:6-8)
It is this sight of the divine beauty of Christ that captivates the wills and draws the hearts of men. A sight of the outward greatness of God in His glory may overwhelm men, and be more than they can endure. This will be seen on the day of judgment, when the wicked will be brought before God. They will be overwhelmed, yes, but the hostility of the heart will remain in full strength and the opposition of the will continue.
But on the other hand, a single ray of the moral and spiritual glory of God and of the supreme loveliness of Christ shone into the heart overcomes all hostility. The soul is inclined to love God as if by an omnipotent power, so that now not only the understanding, but the whole being receives and embraces the loving Saviour.

Good evening everbody
God bless you​

Reactions: pro_odeh
Upvote 0

barb754

Believer
Dec 26, 2004
Guilford, New York
✟270,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The people of God are not merely to mark time, waiting for God
to step in and set right all that is wrong. Rather, they are to
model the new heaven and new earth, and by so doing awaken
longings for what God will someday bring to pass.

Reactions: doc329
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The word "blessed" means "happy." He who obeys God will experience the happiness of knowing they are doing the right thing. Even more so, he will know that his sins will be forgiven, and at the end times he will live with God forever and be surrounded by His perfect love.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
When we hide ourselves in God, many of the world's troubles and temptations can not affect us. Instead, we are constantly comforted by reminders that we are forgiven and are right with God

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.