Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cellphone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several time a day?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of emergency?
This is something to make you go..hmm.where is my Bible?

Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.
Makes you stop and think "where are my priorities?
And no dropped calls!
O how I love Your law!
It is my meditation all the day.
Your commandments make me wiser than my enemies,
For they are ever mine. Psalm 119:97,98

Reactions: barb754
Upvote 0

free2b

Apart from You, I am nothing
Apr 27, 2005
✟30,471.00
Faith
Christian
Good morning everyone! :)
849.gif

Hope you have a great day!!

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
God has asked for your heart, your love, your whole self. You have given yourself to Him. He has received you and would have you and your heart entirely for Himself. He will make your heart full of His Word. What lies in the heart is dear because it is filled with joyful thoughts. God would have the Word in the heart. The Lord and His might are where His Word is. He considers Himself bound to fulfill His Word. When you have the Word, you have God Himself at work in you He wills that you would receive and lay up His words in your heart. Then He will greatly bless you.

How I wish that I could bring all young Christians to simply receive that Word of their Father, "Lay up these My words in your heart." I wish they would give their whole heart to become full of God's Word. Resolve then to do this. Take pains to understand what you read. When you understand it, always take one or another word to remember and consider. Learn the words of God by heart. Repeat them to yourself in the course of the day. The Word is seed and the seed must have time, must be kept in the ground. Likewise, the Word must be carried in the heart. Give the best powers of your heart, your love, your desire, the willing and joyful activity of your will, to God's Word.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What then is faith?
Nothing other than the certainty that what God says is true. When God says that something exists, then faith rejoices although it sees nothing of it. When God says that He has given me something, that something in heaven is mine, I know by faith that it truly is mine. With faith, I am able to believe God when He says that something will come to pass, or that He will do something for me.
Faith secures those things that are, but that I have not yet seen, and that are not yet, but will come. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). Faith always asks only for what God has said, and then relies on His faithfulness and power to fulfill His Word.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It's easy to have a shallow relationship with someone. You can know their name, age, and where they live, but not really know them. Fellowship is what deepens a relationship. You can't have fast fellowship. In a world of fast food and fast things, you must realize that you can't have fast fellowship with God.
It won't happen. If you want to really get to know somebody, you've got to spend time with them. To really get to know God, you need to spend time with Him and ask Him to teach you about Himself. It begins with a sincere prayer from your heart.

Upvote 0

J21

Soldier For God's Glory
Aug 24, 2005
Adelaide, South Australia
✟11,758.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
:wave: Good morning to all my brothers and sisters in Christ.
May we each go into this day, equipped by God in all these things...
The faith
which accepts things we cannot understand and which will never turn to doubt.
The hope
which still hopes on , even in the dark and which will never turn to despair.
The loyalty
which will see you remain true to our Lord even though so many deny Him and which will never stoop to compromise.
The purity
to resist all the seductions of temptation
and which can never be turned from the straight way.
May our wills
be armed with His strength
and our hearts
with Christ's love
so that we may be strong to obey Him
and loving
to serve our fellow man,
so being as our Lord desires us to be.​

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bill'swife

let peace rule...
Jan 23, 2005
facebook
Visit site
✟127,389.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello, doc.....everyone :)

Today is off to a blessed start for me.....God has answered prayer only about five minutes after praying. Praise Him! :D :clap:

God bless you all! :hug:
Praise God ...He is awesome!!!

Have no fear in tomorrow...Jesus is already there!!!:clap:

Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's easy to have a shallow relationship with someone. You can know their name, age, and where they live, but not really know them. Fellowship is what deepens a relationship. You can't have fast fellowship. In a world of fast food and fast things, you must realize that you can't have fast fellowship with God.
It won't happen. If you want to really get to know somebody, you've got to spend time with them. To really get to know God, you need to spend time with Him and ask Him to teach you about Himself. It begins with a sincere prayer from your heart.
Amen. Praise God !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.