united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love this! Yes, we hear His voice because we are sheep. I like to go on to v.27. :)

He is leading us forth. We will do His will, we will speak His words and He does confirm His Word with signs following.

I have had a few oportunities at work to lay hands on people and pray for them. I also was able to minister through a song, singing the gospel in that song, and be a witness to what the LORD has done for me, all as I was serving tables! :clap:

I'm sorry I haven't been here much. I've been very busy now with school going on too, and I have been working full time. My sweet husband cleaned the bathroom, washed dishes, washed his work clothes....:clap: :) Lord, bless him!

You are a server in a restaurant?

Upvote 0

watchtower08

Jun 4, 2010
USA
✟22,003.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You would be surprised the day jobs/careers the men and women of God have been known to carry:

Peter: fisherman
Paul: tentmaker
Jesus: carpenter
Jeptheh: leader of a band of outcasts
Gideon: complete coward
Nehemiah: cupbearer (the one who eats the kings food before the king to make sure its NOT poisonous...)
Ruth: transient/beggar (before she met Boaz)
Levi (Matthew): despised tax collector

I think serving tables is pretty good by comparison. Lol, but I've been listening in, I think Cindy has way more responsibilities at her position than that.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are a server in a restaurant?
^_^ Yes, but not exactly a restaurant, not a typical one. I work in a retirement community. We have both assisted and independent residents. I've been trained to work in both restaurants, but have strictly been working on the independent side for some time. We serve about 140-150 people a night. It's the same people because they live there. We know them all by name, and by attitudes too. ;) ^_^ Most of them are the greatest group of people you would ever want to meet. I love this generation and will be sad when they are gone from the earth. Even though many are not saved, they at least have integrity and morals on the most part. God has given me a special place in their hearts it seems. They have a 1 in 4 chance of me who is serving them. When they find it is me they are so glad. That makes me feel so good! I love to make them happy, and sometimes it means singing a song to them. They discovered at a talent show I can sing, and I have become grossly overrated in my ability, and am complimented to the point of embarrassment sometimes. Anyway, some of them ask me to sing for them and when I am not too busy I do. I take great joy in making them happy, and it does. However, there are few songs I know that aren't to the LORD or about Him, so they end up hearing all about Jesus. :D :clap::clap::clap: I'm often asked why I am so happy, and that is another great tool. :D

I am severely oppressed there by some work mates. :( It is not easy but I am continuing to do the right thing, and am praying for the LORD to show me how to handle each situation. Sometimes I get so tired I can't do anything because I'm just too worn out. I know when I'm tired is NOT the time to address any work issue, and if and when I do I will conduct myself in a professional and respectful manner. Right now I can't. Too much spiritual opposition at the same time.

I'm seeing things in me too that needed addressing. :) I have such a high work ethic, a "Daniel" attitude of doing things with excellence. I also eat extremely healthy and have great energy, on the most part, and I out work most of them even though they are only in their twenties. As a result, I have to watch I don't get resentful. I am a great team player, but when I feel like I am the team and everyone else is on the bench, it gets hard.

Especially when you add in the fact that the new assistant manger, who was a server, is young, vindictive, and vengeful. When I was a floor supervisor over him, I often had to have him go back over his work because he left things undone. He hasn't forgotten. He was lazy, and didn't do it. I asked him, because it was my job to see everything was done right. Now he is above me and that may be why he puts a noticeably greater workload on me. Never mind all the attitudes and comments he makes. I'm having a very hard time with him. I am praying for him, because I want him to know Jesus, and I want all I do in relation to him reflect Jesus. I may truly be the only Jesus he sees in his life right now. So I have been watchful of my attitudes and actions towards him. I have covered his back countless times in the 3 week period he has been promoted. He still does not do a thorough job and I am going behind him and without anyone watching, cleaning up after him. I congratulated him on his promotion, oh the flesh cringed on that one, because I honestly think that was the poorest decision I've seen the higher ups make. Apparently they do not see all. But I know one who does! :D

The things I see in me are a perfectionism kind of thing I guess. I get made at the injustices. I think others should be working hard too. I get mad when the lazy ones take food home when we are not allowed to do that. I get mad when I ask am denied. I get mad when the sous chef sneaks alcohol form the bar in a Styrofoam cup and a host other things employees do wrong. Never do I show my anger. I stay controlled, watching my tongue. I get tired of parking far from the building in the designated place, and others pull right up front.....and then they get promoted. On and on and on it goes without exaggeration. So inside I am fuming. I forgive, but I do want justice. Do I do everything right? Of course not. But I do walk in integrity, am teachable, will admit to wrongs I do, and forgive everyone who has offended me. I don't carry around attitudes. I greet everyone cheerfully, I offer to help everyone, and am not treated the same in return. How can one expect the world to though, right? So where does that leave me? Another day of fortitude and perseverance, of watching the wrong-doers be rewarded. My joy is every time I turn my eyes on Jesus, every time I lift my voice to praise Him, every time I walk in love to those who wrong me, every time I hold fast to every good thing.

I think I do the job better. Maybe that is my wrong. But how can I stop? I must do always do my best. I must do my job and take up the slack when others don't. Otherwise it would not be good for the company, and I was hired to work for them. I owe it to them, or else I am stealing from them.

I have a principal and it is this - I work as if I made a $1,000 a week because I work for Jesus. I work as if He were my boss, and really, He is. He sent me there on assignment. I went there 1 yr. and 11 mo. ago with that purpose. And I must be steadfast in it. Everything I do represents Him. I want it to be good. He is worthy. My life is lived as a praise offering to Him. He is worthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hello darlings! It's about 7.30am here on a cold but sunny winters day! Hallelujah! Another day to praise the Lord Jesus Christ! :clap::clap::clap:

Some scripture for you to enjoy:

Ezekiel 34:22-31 AMP

"22 Therefore will I rescue My flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between sheep and sheep.
23 And I will raise up over them one Shepherd and He shall feed them, even My Servant David; He shall feed them and He shall be their Shepherd.
24 And I the Lord will be their God and My Servant David a Prince among them; I the Lord have spoken it.
25 And I will confirm with them a covenant of peace and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land, and [My people] shall dwell safely in the wilderness, desert, or pastureland and sleep [confidently] in the woods.
26 And I will make them and the places round about My hill a blessing, and I will cause the showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing [of good insured by God's favor].
27 And the tree of the field shall yield its fruit and the earth shall yield its increase; and [My people] shall be secure in their land, and they shall be confident and know (understand and realize) that I am the Lord, when I have broken the bars of their yoke and have delivered them out of the hand of those who made slaves of them.
28 And they shall no more be a prey to the nations, nor shall the beasts of the earth devour them, but they shall dwell safely and none shall make them afraid [in the day of the Messiah's reign]
29 And I will raise up for them a planting of crops for renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land nor bear the reproach of the nations any longer.
30 Then shall they know [positively] that I, the Lord their God, am with them and that they, the house of Israel, are My people, says the Lord God,
31 And that you, My sheep, the sheep of My pasture, are [only] men and I am your God, says the Lord God. "

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
As sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, I will bring to you all the many opportunities I have prepared in advance for you to become the people you are designed to be. Your future is in My hands, and I would like you to watch as you wait, so that you may see the beginning of a rich unfoldment of things to come. Your world will come alive with My glory like a garden of hope in the springtime. This is the time for you to trust, look, listen and BEHOLD! I the Lord your King have spoken.

Psalm 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hi all. Raymond had another ultrasound and the radiologist said there is still a tumour there but stated it is small, last report after previous ultrasound and MRI was it was a mass they saw. He has a date for surgery- the 19th, but still believing they can find nothing there and they are astounded by what God can do.

Thanks for all your prayers, bless you.

They don't do partial nephrectomies here, they remove the whole kidney. God is in control. It was a miracle this was discovered routinely when he had a kidney stone.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are like God, you answered before I asked! ^_^
Hi all. Raymond had another ultrasound and the radiologist said there is still a tumour there but stated it is small, last report after previous ultrasound and MRI was it was a mass they saw. He has a date for surgery- the 19th, but still believing they can find nothing there and they are astounded by what God can do.

Thanks for all your prayers, bless you.

They don't do partial nephrectomies here, they remove the whole kidney. God is in control. It was a miracle this was discovered routinely when he had a kidney stone.
After I posted my question I saw this. We believe with you, that they will find nothing there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This verse caught me this morning and I knew it was something I was to bring out here.

1 Corinthians 3:1 Brothers, I was not able to speak to you as spiritual people but as people of the flesh, as babies in Christ.

A Christian who is ruled by the flesh is a baby. It doesn't matter how long ago he was saved, or how old he is in the natural. It's all in how we walk.

I don't want to be considered a baby. It's not the category I want to be in because all I'd get is milk! I want to move on. I want to grow. I want to bring glory to God and fulfill His plans for me.

We must grow up in Christ.

I'll talk more about how to locate where we are and if we are in the flesh. What exactly does it mean to "be in the flesh'? We'll get into that, and how to overcome in days to come. It is something to move into on Wednesday.

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
This verse caught me this morning and I knew it was something I was to bring out here.

1 Corinthians 3:1 Brothers, I was not able to speak to you as spiritual people but as people of the flesh, as babies in Christ.

A Christian who is ruled by the flesh is a baby. It doesn't matter how long ago he was saved, or how old he is in the natural. It's all in how we walk.

I don't want to be considered a baby. It's not the category I want to be in because all I'd get is milk! I want to move on. I want to grow. I want to bring glory to God and fulfill His plans for me.

We must grow up in Christ.

I'll talk more about how to locate where we are and if we are in the flesh. What exactly does it mean to "be in the flesh'? We'll get into that, and how to overcome in days to come. It is something to move into on Wednesday.

:amen: Hi Cindy :wave:

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: I miss being here with you, and everyone. My schedule's been BUSY!

I just got back from taking my daughter's friend home. It was a 30 minute drive one way, and I hurried back to get in a little time with you here. Glad to catch you live! I think I just missed Irene.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would really like to have a day off in which there are no appointments, and no errands to run, just a day around the house. There is none in sight like that. However, though Sunday is my only day off, I would rather have it that way than any other. I am grateful to be in church where I belong. The LORD called me to that place, and now I am in it every week again. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
:wave: I miss being here with you, and everyone. My schedule's been BUSY!

I just got back from taking my daughter's friend home. It was a 30 minute drive one way, and I hurried back to get in a little time with you here. Glad to catch you live! I think I just missed Irene.

So glad to see ya! I think Irene just came by to update us with the so far good news! A miracle has already occured! :clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I would really like to have a day off in which there are no appointments, and no errands to run, just a day around the house. There is none in sight like that. However, though Sunday is my only day off, I would rather have it that way than any other. I am grateful to be in church where I belong. The LORD called me to that place, and now I am in it every week again. :clap:

YAY! I've been enjoying my new church also! There are so many nice people there - I'm getting invitations galore LOL - dinners, morning tea, bbq's, connect groups - all sorts of things - if only I had more time LOL.....:D

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave::hug:

Hey, I posted something for today - some words of encouragement from the Lord. (I believe :)) Did ya read 'em? It's just after the scripture from Ezekiel...
Yes, I did, and drank it up. It's worth posting again.
As sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, I will bring to you all the many opportunities I have prepared in advance for you to become the people you are designed to be. Your future is in My hands, and I would like you to watch as you wait, so that you may see the beginning of a rich unfoldment of things to come. Your world will come alive with My glory like a garden of hope in the springtime. This is the time for you to trust, look, listen and BEHOLD! I the Lord your King have spoken.

Psalm 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."
I know this it true. I know He has much for us as we walk with Him. He has only good intended for us, so it's best we stick with Him, listening intently and obeying fully. What a wonderful life!

So glad to see ya! I think Irene just came by to update us with the so far good news! A miracle has already occured! :clap::clap::clap:
:amen: :clap:

YAY! I've been enjoying my new church also! There are so many nice people there - I'm getting invitations galore LOL - dinners, morning tea, bbq's, connect groups - all sorts of things - if only I had more time LOL.....:D
That's wonderful! How good it is to be connected with people, people of God. You will strengthen each other.

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I've got my Bible Study in about 5 mins - will have to get ready soon for the phone call! Nice to see ya! Please make sure ya read those words I was tellin ya about. Praise be to our King of all Kings and Lord of all Lords! Hallelujah! :thumbsup: ;) :D :wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.