Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
How is Raymond, Irene?
Raymond's knee is healed, years ago declared as arthritic because of old football injuries, xray showed no abnormality, now I am battling a respiratory infection but being healed in Jesus name

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Raymond's knee is healed, years ago declared as arthritic because of old football injuries, xray showed no abnormality, now I am battling a respiratory infection but being healed in Jesus name
I believe you were healed by Jesus stripes. We speak to that respiratory infection and tell it to go!

Upvote 0

NoMoreLocusts

On the brink of something wonderful...Praise Him!
Dec 22, 2009
Connecticut
Visit site
✟8,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, it has been TOO long. I signed in tonight to see that the last time I logged in was December 20, 2010. I had to take time off of the electronic world and immerse myself in the live world again. I didn't like it as much. It seems that since the online world has become so prevalent people have forgotten how to communicate in real life. So I have been slowly starting to write again over the past two months and now am getting back to Christian forums. I imagine I have missed a LOT here and that the names and faces may have changed some, so I will read back a few posts but I am excited to be back and hope all are doing well. I have continued to pray for you in my absence and truly hope to read some amazing testimonies from 2011...I had such a HORRIBLE year in the world's eyes but amazing year in terms of coming closer to the Lord, that I figure someone somewhere must be VERY blessed! I hope it is some of you. Look forward to interacting again and being back. ~Shell

Upvote 0

NoMoreLocusts

Dec 22, 2009
Connecticut
Visit site
✟8,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you finding there is more light than ever before? That you're gaining a greater understanding of scripture at this time like no other?

Hi Cindy,
Since December, I have been reading more scripture and countless books. As such, I have come into a deeper understanding of scriptures. Ones that used to float by me (such as the shipwreck story in Acts) now stand out and teach me amazing stories (stay on the boat, God is directing it and will not allow me to be harmed if only I keep my eyes on him). I also still have the "Redemption" writing that you shared back in 2010 posted on my fridge (thankfully I put it in a page protector!) and on my bathroom mirrors (again, the page protector!). That specific writing has helped me dive in more to understand Christ's love as I can rarely get the thought of Him standing on the auction post saying He wanted to take me home! I find that those "hidden" scriptures are coming to life and helping me appreciate the things I once found burdensome and to find the things I once considered blessings to be even more! God is good. I love His insight and look forward to so much more over the next year!

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well, it has been TOO long. I signed in tonight to see that the last time I logged in was December 20, 2010. I had to take time off of the electronic world and immerse myself in the live world again. I didn't like it as much. It seems that since the online world has become so prevalent people have forgotten how to communicate in real life. So I have been slowly starting to write again over the past two months and now am getting back to Christian forums. I imagine I have missed a LOT here and that the names and faces may have changed some, so I will read back a few posts but I am excited to be back and hope all are doing well. I have continued to pray for you in my absence and truly hope to read some amazing testimonies from 2011...I had such a HORRIBLE year in the world's eyes but amazing year in terms of coming closer to the Lord, that I figure someone somewhere must be VERY blessed! I hope it is some of you. Look forward to interacting again and being back. ~Shell

Hello and welcome back NML! So nice to see you here! I haven't been contributing as I used to (hopefully only for the time being) but I do still drop by and read some of the posts, and I look forward to sharing some insights with you later on and reading about your wonderfully inspiring testimonies!! Amen! :D:wave::kiss::hug:

Hi Cindy and friends - looking forward to catching up soon and may God bless you all with His abundances! My daughter has now started "big school" but at the moment my husband is coming home from work during the day and working instead in the late afternoons and evenings, and so I don't get the computer all to myself during the day like I used to! BUT I am sure I will get a chance to spread some light here soon LOL! :angel::thumbsup:

Love to all
Shep
xxoo

PS A scripture for you all and I feel led to share the 'Message' translation which is not my usual cuppa tea LOL, so here goes:

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

THE LORD IS GOOD AND HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER AMEN!!!!

:bow::bow::bow:

:D:clap:

Speaking of which - I might go have that cuppa tea now ha ah ha!

Reactions: NoMoreLocusts
Upvote 0

NoMoreLocusts

Dec 22, 2009
Connecticut
Visit site
✟8,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shep! :)

""Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

Love it, Shep! I was reading Psalm 6: 2-3 yesterday and it occurred to me how misplaced we often allow our worries to be. Instead of going right to the Lord, we go to other people, we worry ourselves sick, and we write in journals. Instead, we should be going right to the Lord and Master of it all! Right to the one who can solve the worry by giving us peace, sharing His wisdom, providing discernment, and giving us the love we require to make it through the times!

Upvote 0

NoMoreLocusts

Dec 22, 2009
Connecticut
Visit site
✟8,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A couple book questions - Anyone read "Sun Stand Still" by Steven Furtick or "The Power of a Whisper" by Bill Hybels? These two books have really influenced my outlook on life and inspired me to continue pressing through and going after my dreams. Just wondering what others think about them.

Upvote 0

NoMoreLocusts

Dec 22, 2009
Connecticut
Visit site
✟8,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[BIBLE]And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.[/BIBLE] ~Genesis 6:9

I love when I come across a verse that previously I didn't pay much attention to and suddenly can't keep my eyes away from! This little gem is inspiring and a great reminder of pressing forward and continuing to do what you have been doing when you know that God has promised you something.

I think we tend to doubt when we hear God if it doesn't go through as planned when in reality sometimes it isn't according to OUR plan but is still right on time. This verse really helped remind me to keep pressing through and in due season He will bless the work!

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Shep! :)

""Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

Love it, Shep! I was reading Psalm 6: 2-3 yesterday and it occurred to me how misplaced we often allow our worries to be. Instead of going right to the Lord, we go to other people, we worry ourselves sick, and we write in journals. Instead, we should be going right to the Lord and Master of it all! Right to the one who can solve the worry by giving us peace, sharing His wisdom, providing discernment, and giving us the love we require to make it through the times!

Reminds me of this:

Psalm 55:22 "Cast your burden on the LORD, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."

:D:clap::clap::clap::amen:

Upvote 0

Rememberme

Feb 4, 2012
Central Fl
✟15,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I just joined the forum to go in the widow/widowers group.I have been a pentecostal/word of faith for many years.Please pray for me as I am having a REALLY hard time with my dear husbands passing.I stood and got zip.He also suffered horribly for over 2 yrs.I am confused and very distressed over this.Hard for me to do anything right now.Hard to even go to church.I have had experience in the faith walk.God even healed our marriage from divorce and we remarried so it's not like I am a newbie in the walk of faith.:confused:

please pray,thanks
p.s.I told everyone God cared about what happened to our family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, I'm back after no computer for nearly two weeks. :wave:

I hope you haven't given up on me, as I see the dates on these posts!

NML - so wonderful to see you! :hug: I think it's good to take a break from the computer if need be. We can get too dependent on it. If it becomes a hindrance it's no longer a blessing. If we look to it and not the Lord, or if we struggle to have relationships IRL then it's time to take a break. I have not been here as much because I work outside the home as well as being a wife, mother, and homeschooling mom. :)

Shep - thank you for being here and welcoming NML back. :)
It's always wonderful to see you, and I appreciate your bringing the Word to us every time. :clap:

Rememberme - welcome to our little fellowship.
I am sorry to hear about your loss. I also know the heart-breaking feeling when things don't go as we had believed they would. Getting in a quiet place with your Bible and an open heart desiring to hear from your Father more than anything, I believe to be the most important thing to do. I cannot give you answers. Probably none of us can since we do not know much about you and what you personally have gone through. However we can offer love and understanding, and also prayer. I pray the Lord would flood you with light and with the comfort of the Holy Spirit.

On a side note, I find if I focus on what I don't know, and I try hard to understand then I can end up in a mess. I find it's better to focus on what I DO know. From the vantage point of faith and trust my eyes are opened to more understanding. On the contrary, as I keep saying, "I just don't understand......" keeps me in a state of darkness. Sometimes going to the basics, "He will never leave me nor forsake me.....Lord, You said you would never leave me nor forsake me. Therefore I know You are here now with me. I believe You. And I believe You love me, because You said so. I love You, too......" And on I go. Usually in a state of heaviness I may only say one short sentence, one of faith from the heart, and wham! He floods me with the warmth of His great love. No words need to be spoken. Other times He talks to me for a long time about whatever it is that brought me there in the first place. Either way, I go to Him who loves me.

You are His beloved. Yes, you are His beloved. He loves you dearly and tenderly. And He is the Truth. The Holy Spirit will lead you into all the truth and He will bring to your mind all that Jesus has said. He will tell you what the Father says.

Going back to NML - I believe the scripture you shared is Galatians 6:9 not Genesis 6:9. It's one I've laid to heart. :) <3
And yes, we WILL reap if we faint not! :clap: So don't be weary my dear ones. Remember, we win! We are in Christ Jesus, the Victor!

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I found this as I was reading my mail. It's written by Rick Renner.

In James 3:16, the Bible says, "For where envying and strife is, there is confusion
and every evil work." I want you to notice the word "envy" in this verse. It is
taken from the Greek word zelos, and it denotes a fierce desire to promote one's
own ideas and convictions to the exclusion of everyone else. This word zelos is
where we get the word zealot, which describes a person who is so fixated, obsessed,
and fanatical about his own cause that others perceive him as an extremist on the
threshold of becoming militant.

In the case of James 3:16, this word presents a picture of a believer who is so
obsessed, gripped, and preoccupied with his own view of things that he can't see
or hear the view of anyone else. In fact, his militant perspective has made him
lopsided in his thinking. He never takes a softer line but holds out until all
the other parties admit defeat and agree with his point of view.

Therefore, the word "envy" in James 3:16 could be translated this way:
"For where there is a fierce desire to promote one's own ideas and convictions to
the elimination of everyone else."

That's a real eye opener. I want to make sure I do not think this way. Let it be far from us to think like this. Rather let us be tenderhearted and listen to the people in our lives. :)

Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟25,309.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Ok, here's a reason to praise God. In this story, Bob Mohan was a local (Phoenix, AZ) talk show host; I listened to him going home from work each day years ago. And Tim is a friend of mine -- not too close, more of an acquaintance, but nonetheless a friend; he is a really cool and funny guy. After this story I have to say that he is a really, really cool guy. God bless him.

Enjoy....

Pool-repair guy's act of faith is a lifeline

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, here's a reason to praise God. In this story, Bob Mohan was a local (Phoenix, AZ) talk show host; I listened to him going home from work each day years ago. And Tim is a friend of mine -- not too close, more of an acquaintance, but nonetheless a friend; he is a really cool and funny guy. After this story I have to say that he is a really, really cool guy. God bless him.

Enjoy....

He lives his faith. :D He asked the Lord what to do, prayed about it with his wife, and then wow! All the money he needed came in! I want to hear what the Lord does in Mohan's life too!

Upvote 0

NoMoreLocusts

Dec 22, 2009
Connecticut
Visit site
✟8,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Everyone,
I hope your week is well.

Cindy - I think you are right...I was typing from memory and it failed me! Hah. Genesis 6:9 talks about Noah.

I hope everyone is seeing the blessings of this week. I was talking with a friend last night who told me sometimes when we think we are in a funk, we are really just enjoying God's rest. I have felt as though I have been in a funk for the past few months of enjoying His blessings but not really being able to breakthrough. However, as I look back I can see some definite ground work being laid. It will be interesting to see where it all goes.

~Shell

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟25,309.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Enjoy....

Pushed this up to it's own thread....

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Well, aren't you?

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey CindyIsHis

(just visiting arround the forum) :blush::blush::blush:
Glad to see you, ole friend.:wave::wave::wave:
Hi there! Good to see you! Come over in this area any time you like. WoF thinking may differ in some ways than yours, not too sure. One thing is for sure though, we DO agree on waaaay more. Many of your posts have blessed me. The focus is on the Word of God. Jesus is so wonderful! How great is OUR God! :clap:

Hey friends :wave:
Well, hello andreha! Nice having you stop by again. I trust the Lord is still doing glorious things in your life, in your heart, and in your family.

I pray Father that You continue Your work in all of us who belong to You, revealing truth and writing your Word on our hearts. My desire is that we may know you more fully. Fill us with Your Holy Spirit. We honor You and give place to You in all things.

Upvote 0