South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
:clap::clap::clap:

Philippians 4:8-9

Meditate on These Things

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you."

BECAUSE

Isaiah 55:8-9

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts."

It seems He wishes to continue on with this theme Hallelujah!

He is encouraging us to fulfill our duty to Him - to praise Him at all times, to cast our cares on Him, and offer up our thanksgiving no matter what is going on in our lives because in all things He works for our good - WE ARE THE 'CALLED' and He has called us according to His purposes and not our own. He has plans! He has mighty plans Amen! And if we continue to walk the way He teaches us to in His word, then ALL THINGS BECOME POSSIBLE! He will work ALL THINGS for our good! And when He says ALL THINGS He really means ALL THINGS HALLELUJAH! So whatever it is that you've got going on in your lives - submit to Him in everything you do - include Him in your days and before long you will see those paths dripping with abundance! AMEN!

We just have to trust Him!

GOD IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCELLENT! :bow::bow::bow:

:D:clap::clap::clap::D

So true - it reminds me of what happened yesterday.

See, our chest freezer had one loose hinge. This means that whenever one digs around in it, the lid might bash one on the head, which is not so pleasant. So, yesterday, I decided to try and fix it. Realising that this might be quite a challenge, I asked the Lord to help me, admitting to Him that He has all the knowledge, and that with His help, I could surely solve this problem. So, opening up my toolbox, I find myself blankly staring at a rechargeable battery - the type commonly used in remote controls. It was as if mind got stuck staring at that battery. The idea came to try that as a stud to hold the one hinge together. It was just a smidgen too big. Again, my mind was led to look for another battery - one just a smidgen thinner. In my toolbox, right next to where the other battery was, I saw another battery - a dead one that would have been in the trash already.

It was the perfect fit. What got me was that the Lord used something totally useless to me - a dead little battery, to serve as the perfect solution. Our freezer now works the way should - no more head bashing. :)

Like you said, trust in the Lord - He is truly able to make all things work for our good. And submitting to Him in all we do is so truly the best way. :amen:

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

See, our chest freezer had one loose hinge. This means that whenever one digs around in it, the lid might bash one on the head, which is not so pleasant. So, yesterday, I decided to try and fix it. Realising that this might be quite a challenge, I asked the Lord to help me, admitting to Him that He has all the knowledge, and that with His help, I could surely solve this problem. So, opening up my toolbox, I find myself blankly staring at a rechargeable battery - the type commonly used in remote controls. It was as if mind got stuck staring at that battery. The idea came to try that as a stud to hold the one hinge together. It was just a smidgen too big. Again, my mind was led to look for another battery - one just a smidgen thinner. In my toolbox, right next to where the other battery was, I saw another battery - a dead one that would have been in the trash already.

It was the perfect fit. What got me was that the Lord used something totally useless to me - a dead little battery, to serve as the perfect solution. Our freezer now works the way should - no more head bashing. :)

Like you said, trust in the Lord - He is truly able to make all things work for our good. And submitting to Him in all we do is so truly the best way. :amen:

I love when God does things like that, my son was building a large outdoor plastic shed box and he put the wrong side at the wrong end and had difficulty taking it apart and after asking the Lord how to remedy this we slid it out with ease and proceeded on with constructing the box.That was only a small illustration, so, so many times He has helped in the small things. goodness He has even guided me to the best buys in supermarkets.

And Shep great word sis!

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Hi Andreha - so nice to see you here Amen! LOL that kind of thing happens to me all the time. After all, our Lord REALLY IS our helper! He helps me with shopping, housework, cooking, what to say, when to say it, how to proceed in situations that seem utterly impossible if not for God LOL need I say more! Welcome friend and hope to see you 'round here more often.' Yeah I know, Cindy - LOL I hope to BE around here myself more often.

Glory to our God because He is worthy to be praised Amen!

:bow::bow::bow:

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I love when God does things like that, my son was building a large outdoor plastic shed box and he put the wrong side at the wrong end and had difficulty taking it apart and after asking the Lord how to remedy this we slid it out with ease and proceeded on with constructing the box.That was only a small illustration, so, so many times He has helped in the small things. goodness He has even guided me to the best buys in supermarkets.

And Shep great word sis!

Amen LOL! You know what? He has been telling me NOT to go shopping and update my wardrobe and clothes for ages now - long story - anyway, He took me shopping the other day and 'led' me to all the clothes on special - really good things that were only a fraction of the normal price - I SAVED HEAPS AMEN! LOL, when we are obedient to His promptings, we get rewarded!

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I like how you tied these two together. As we read the Word don't you find the Holy Spirit does that a lot? That He brings a scripture from here and a scripture from there? That is rightly dividing the Word as we are told to do. :)

Without a doubt the Lord wants us to think His thoughts. He does not want to keep thoughts from us. The Holy Spirit has been sent to show us things to come.

I pray in the Spirit a lot while I am working. The days I do, because sometimes I don't as much, I have thoughts come to me all the time as I go about doing this and that. When something hard presses against me, like someone speaking a harsh word, the thoughts I need from God come right to mind from my spirit. I am comforted and given direction always. It's like having the greatest counselor always there to instruct me. In fact, that's exactly what it is! And oh how I thank our Father for it! I also find I am in the right place at the right time. It may seem rather uncanny to anyone who does not understand this or experience it, but it does happen. He is amazing!

He calls us to come closer, to live up on His level - seated with Him. To think His thoughts and experience these things takes time set aside to want to know Him and what He thinks. It takes listening to His Word and asking Him things. It takes a desire. That's all. And know what? He gives us the "want to" if we don't have it. Just ask. He'll give us any good thing!

Phil. 2:13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

After reading your post I was led to this scripture, and when I read this scripture you immediately came to mind.

Psalm 18:25-33

"With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful;
With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless;
With the pure You will show Yourself pure;
And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.
For You will save the humble people,
But will bring down haughty looks.

For You will light my lamp;
The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
For by You I can run against a troop,
By my God I can leap over a wall.
As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places."

:amen:

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The recurring theme in these past few posts conveys the thought that our God is infinitely interested in all the details of our lives. There is nothing we face here on earth that He is not interested in and not only that but has the answer to. He is intimately watching everything in our lives and dwelling right on the inside of us teaching and instructing in everything. How wonderful He is!

I have had many shopping trips prompted by the Lord where I found great bargains, or I found something unique, not easy to find, but I found it easily. I don't even like to go out to shop, so if I get a prompting to I know it's not my flesh. ^_^

The other day the Lord helped me in a conflict with a family member. That day it seemed all my relatives were down or facing problems and I don't know how else to say it, but were a drain! You know what I mean? Ever been around people who are complaining, stressed, worried, fearful, or moping? All day long! However, the life of God in me gave me constant peace and joy, and more importantly, a knowing of how to answer each one. I thank Him now even as I write, that He showed me when to hold my peace or when I had to speak out in the face of fear which wanted me to keep from rocking the boat. The righteous are bold as a lion, patient and longsuffering, looking out for others, and delighting in Him, thus full of joy and hope and peace in believing. The Lord was comforter and my shield as harsh angry words were spoken to me.

Jesus is what you need.

When you are sick, He is your Healer.
When you are fearful, He is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.
When you don't know, He is your Wisdom.
When you need rescue, He is your Deliverer.
When you are downcast, He is Your Strength and your Song.

Do you know He sings over you? Yes! Oh how He delights in you. You are the apple of his eye.

Oh, praise Him!
David Crowder Band - O Praise Him - YouTube

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The other day the Lord helped me in a conflict with a family member. That day it seemed all my relatives were down or facing problems and I don't know how else to say it, but were a drain! You know what I mean? Ever been around people who are complaining, stressed, worried, fearful, or moping? All day long! However, the life of God in me gave me constant peace and joy, and more importantly, a knowing of how to answer each one. I thank Him now even as I write, that He showed me when to hold my peace or when I had to speak out in the face of fear which wanted me to keep from rocking the boat. The righteous are bold as a lion, patient and longsuffering, looking out for others, and delighting in Him, thus full of joy and hope and peace in believing. The Lord was comforter and my shield as harsh angry words were spoken to me.

Jesus is what you need.

When you are sick, He is your Healer.
When you are fearful, He is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.
When you don't know, He is your Wisdom.
When you need rescue, He is your Deliverer.
When you are downcast, He is Your Strength and your Song.

Do you know He sings over you? Yes! Oh how He delights in you. You are the apple of his eye.

Oh, praise Him!
David Crowder Band - O Praise Him - YouTube

Praise the Lord!!!!!! Beautiful in all you noted:)

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave::D

Jeremiah 39:18 "For I will surely deliver you, and you shall not fall by the sword; but your life shall be as a prize to you, because you have put your trust in Me,” says the Lord."

I trust Him - do you?

love
Sis
xxoo
Yes, I do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was reading along in Numbers about some the things Israel experienced out in the dessert. Today I was reading when they were attempting to pass through the lands of other inhabitants and were refused and I had one of the 'God moments', or a 'light-bulb' moment, a moment when the Holy Spirit specifically shows me something.
I was reading this....
Numbers 21:27 That is why the poets say: “Come to Heshbon and let it be rebuilt;
let Sihon’s city be restored.

28 “Fire went out from Heshbon,
a blaze from the city of Sihon.
It consumed Ar of Moab,
the citizens of Arnon’s heights.
29 Woe to you, Moab!
You are destroyed, people of Chemosh!
He has given up his sons as fugitives
and his daughters as captives
to Sihon king of the Amorites.

And then standing out...
29 Woe to you, Moab!

What a great attitude!

I say, "Woe to you, devil! You are destroyed, you defeated foe!
"Woe to you, lack! Woe to you, strife and demons assigned to destroy relationships! Woe to you, fear! Ha! Woe to you! You are defeated!

God is on my side! :clap::clap::clap:
Hillsong United: "Shout Unto God" - YouTube

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I was reading along in Numbers about some the things Israel experienced out in the dessert. Today I was reading when they were attempting to pass through the lands of other inhabitants and were refused and I had one of the 'God moments', or a 'light-bulb' moment, a moment when the Holy Spirit specifically shows me something.
I was reading this....
Numbers 21:27 That is why the poets say: “Come to Heshbon and let it be rebuilt;
let Sihon’s city be restored.
28 “Fire went out from Heshbon,
a blaze from the city of Sihon.
It consumed Ar of Moab,
the citizens of Arnon’s heights.
29 Woe to you, Moab!
He has given up his sons as fugitives
and his daughters as captives
to Sihon king of the Amorites.

And then standing out...
29 Woe to you, Moab!

What a great attitude!

I say, "Woe to you, devil! You are destroyed, you defeated foe!
"Woe to you, lack! Woe to you, strife and demons assigned to destroy relationships! Woe to you, fear! Ha! Woe to you! You are defeated!

God is on my side! :clap::clap::clap:
Hillsong United: "Shout Unto God" - YouTube

Amen darling! Isaiah 54:17 "NO WEAPON forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and this is their vindication from me,”
declares the LORD."

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 52:1-15

52 Awake, awake!
Put on your strength, O Zion;
Put on your beautiful garments,
O Jerusalem, the holy city!
For the uncircumcised and the unclean
Shall no longer come to you.
2 Shake yourself from the dust, arise;
Sit down, O Jerusalem!
Loose yourself from the bonds of your neck,
O captive daughter of Zion!

3 For thus says the Lord:
“You have sold yourselves for nothing,
And you shall be redeemed without money.”

4 For thus says the Lord God:
“My people went down at first
Into Egypt to dwell there;
Then the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.
5 Now therefore, what have I here,” says the Lord,
“That My people are taken away for nothing?
Those who rule over them
Make them wail,” says the Lord,
“And My name is blasphemed continually every day.
6 Therefore My people shall know My name;
Therefore they shall know in that day
That I am He who speaks:
‘Behold, it is I.’”

7 How beautiful upon the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who proclaims peace,
Who brings glad tidings of good things,
Who proclaims salvation,
Who says to Zion,
“Your God reigns!”
8 Your watchmen shall lift up their voices,
With their voices they shall sing together;
For they shall see eye to eye
When the Lord brings back Zion.
9 Break forth into joy, sing together,
You waste places of Jerusalem!
For the Lord has comforted His people,
He has redeemed Jerusalem.
10 The Lord has made bare His holy arm
In the eyes of all the nations;
And all the ends of the earth shall see
The salvation of our God."

How great is our King hallelujah! :bow::bow::bow:

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Isaiah 52:1-15

52 Awake, awake!
Put on your strength, O Zion;
Put on your beautiful garments,
O Jerusalem, the holy city!
For the uncircumcised and the unclean
Shall no longer come to you.
2 Shake yourself from the dust, arise;
Sit down, O Jerusalem!
Loose yourself from the bonds of your neck,
O captive daughter of Zion!

3 For thus says the Lord:
“You have sold yourselves for nothing,
And you shall be redeemed without money.”

4 For thus says the Lord God:
“My people went down at first
Into Egypt to dwell there;
Then the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.
5 Now therefore, what have I here,” says the Lord,
“That My people are taken away for nothing?
Those who rule over them
Make them wail,” says the Lord,
“And My name is blasphemed continually every day.
6 Therefore My people shall know My name;
Therefore they shall know in that day
That I am He who speaks:
‘Behold, it is I.’”

7 How beautiful upon the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who proclaims peace,
Who brings glad tidings of good things,
Who proclaims salvation,
Who says to Zion,
“Your God reigns!”
8 Your watchmen shall lift up their voices,
With their voices they shall sing together;
For they shall see eye to eye
When the Lord brings back Zion.
9 Break forth into joy, sing together,
You waste places of Jerusalem!
For the Lord has comforted His people,
He has redeemed Jerusalem.
10 The Lord has made bare His holy arm
In the eyes of all the nations;
And all the ends of the earth shall see
The salvation of our God."

How great is our King hallelujah! :bow::bow::bow:

Yes, how great is our King! :clap::clap::clap:

Our King has made us kings and priests. "Put on your strength, O Zion."

Don't take off your strength. Don't let it wane. Put it on!

Let the weak say, "I am strong."

For the Lord is our Strength. The Mighty One is our Deliverer! He is your strong refuge and high tower. All who run to Him are safe.
Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
The righteous run to it and are safe.

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes, how great is our King! :clap::clap::clap:

Our King has made us kings and priests. "Put on your strength, O Zion."

Don't take off your strength. Don't let it wane. Put it on!

Let the weak say, "I am strong."

For the Lord is our Strength. The Mighty One is our Deliverer! He is your strong refuge and high tower. All who run to Him are safe.
Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
The righteous run to it and are safe.

Thanks for passing on that Proverbs scripture - just what I needed to quote for today...

xxoo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
37 years ago today my life changed when I had a supernatural experience with God. He heard my cry when I called to Him and revealed Himself as Light and Love to me. That birthed my spiritual hunger for Him and getting to know Him through His Word.

O thank You for hearing my cry that night! Thank You coming to rescue me, Jesus!

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
37 years ago today my life changed when I had a supernatural experience with God. He heard my cry when I called to Him and revealed Himself as Light and Love to me. That birthed my spiritual hunger for Him and getting to know Him through His Word.

O thank You for hearing my cry that night! Thank You coming to rescue me, Jesus!

HALLELUJAH! :clap::clap::clap::D:bow::bow::bow:

God is soooooooooooooo good Amen!

I believe He just gave me this:

Psalm 37:5-6

"Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun."

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HALLELUJAH! :clap::clap::clap::D:bow::bow::bow:

God is soooooooooooooo good Amen!

I believe He just gave me this:

Psalm 37:5-6

"Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun."

That's beautiful, and very timely after a controversy with my son last night. He and I get along very well, and out of the blue he was on my case because I choose not to shop at Home Depot. This store is not only for homosexuals but they are intolerant of those who oppose homosexuality. I do not judge them but I do choose NOT to spend my money there. It is a quiet choice I make and this is the first public announcement of it that I have ever made. It's just a personal choice of mine. I don't care if anyone else shops there or not. Not my business. I just know I am not to. So he kept on about it - while we were working! I kept trying to get him to drop it, and finally it turned into a plea for him to please leave me alone about it! I am not on his case, why is he on mine? Am I not free to make a personal decision? Of course I am!

Besides, I want to go to my job and work in an excellent way, not distracted by personal matters that belong outside the workplace. If a conversation interferes with work it must stop. I am to work as unto the Lord, and it does not glorify the Lord, or our employer, if we are quibbling over something. We are there to work.

I have been praying about it this morning. As you can see, I am still troubled, and Jesus told me not to be. So I am going to stop it right now! I asked the Lord to give me His thoughts on it, and so I receive it. I quiet myself to hear what the Lord says. Why should I let the thoughts of man trouble me? They are flighty. The Lord's thoughts and His Word endure forever.

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
That's beautiful, and very timely after a controversy with my son last night. He and I get along very well, and out of the blue he was on my case because I choose not to shop at Home Depot. This store is not only for homosexuals but they are intolerant of those who oppose homosexuality. I do not judge them but I do choose NOT to spend my money there. It is a quiet choice I make and this is the first public announcement of it that I have ever made. It's just a personal choice of mine. I don't care if anyone else shops there or not. Not my business. I just know I am not to. So he kept on about it - while we were working! I kept trying to get him to drop it, and finally it turned into a plea for him to please leave me alone about it! I am not on his case, why is he on mine? Am I not free to make a personal decision? Of course I am!

Besides, I want to go to my job and work in an excellent way, not distracted by personal matters that belong outside the workplace. If a conversation interferes with work it must stop. I am to work as unto the Lord, and it does not glorify the Lord, or our employer, if we are quibbling over something. We are there to work.

I have been praying about it this morning. As you can see, I am still troubled, and Jesus told me not to be. So I am going to stop it right now! I asked the Lord to give me His thoughts on it, and so I receive it. I quiet myself to hear what the Lord says. Why should I let the thoughts of man trouble me? They are flighty. The Lord's thoughts and His Word endure forever.

I asked the Lord for you if He wanted me to post a scripture and He just told me 'the joy of the Lord is her strength.' :D

love
Shep
:kiss::hug:

Upvote 0