Texas
✟20,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
HD, why are you terrified of gas and is this impending foreclosure of your home? Whatever the case, God is a God of miracles. I know because He has worked many, many miracles in my life over the years. I remember times I have sat and wept at His feet saying God, I cannot do this within myself, YOU have to do it. And then I would just give it all to Him. Sometimes I would try to fix things myself, going about trying and trying but ultimately all God wanted was for me to trust Him completely. He promised to take care of us. And He promised He would never leave nor forsake us. I have stood on that for many years and God has never failed me yet. Well, I don't even know what your situation is but for some reason I just typed that onto the screen. Maybe, if not for you, it was for someone. God bless you HD.

Upvote 0

JoynTx

Joyfilled Believer
May 21, 2008
Texas
✟20,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Beautiful day here today too.I`d say its around 80 today.Which is nice for us.Supposed to be around 90 for the rest of the weekend.Thats about as hot as it ever gets here.We still have a camp meeting going on so going over there a little later.
How is everyone elses day going?Glad you are home out`ve the heat Joy.It does get awful hot there doesn`t it.Make some more ice tea and put your feet up.Hope you all have a great evening.God bless.

Oh MSS... 80 deg.?? That would be wonderful!! Yes it does get really hot here. I have relatives in Phoenix though and they say some days it has gotten up close to 120 deg. there. So I try not to complain too much. The Fall will come and with it we will have cooler temps.
Camp meeting?? I haven't been to a camp meeting in a long time. Our AOG district has them every summer...but I haven't heard yet if they are having one this year. The campground is pretty far from me so I haven't gotten to go in a while. I remember going there with my parents when I was just a pre-teen and camping. My parents ran the camp concession one year. That was fun. :)
Iced tea does sound good and I bought tea bags at the gro. store before I came home today. Hugs and God bless you MSS.:hug:

Upvote 0

mssurrendered

With God ALL things are possible
Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God bless you too Joy.I guess this isn`t really camp meetings like we had when we were kids,its a big tent set up in our church yard.It is going for 4 days.I used to love the real camps when I was a child.Would be nice to go to one now.

Upvote 0

JoynTx

Joyfilled Believer
May 21, 2008
Texas
✟20,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God bless you too Joy.I guess this isn`t really camp meetings like we had when we were kids,its a big tent set up in our church yard.It is going for 4 days.I used to love the real camps when I was a child.Would be nice to go to one now.

The one here is held at an old campground with a tabernacle. There is a creek where they have baptisms on Sat. afternoon People come for miles around and camp for a week. We loved it when we were kids. They discontinued it for a while and started having them at a church. Guess some didnt like the outdoors and no a.c. I'm glad someone decided to go back to having them at the old campground.

Reactions: mssurrendered
Upvote 0

JoynTx

Joyfilled Believer
May 21, 2008
Texas
✟20,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are you feeling better today Joy?

I'm feeling ever so much better today mss. I have a feeling there was someone praying for me... probably more than one someone. :) Thanks for asking. Isn't God good?

Reactions: mssurrendered
Upvote 0

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
HD, why are you terrified of gas and is this impending foreclosure of your home? Whatever the case, God is a God of miracles. I know because He has worked many, many miracles in my life over the years. I remember times I have sat and wept at His feet saying God, I cannot do this within myself, YOU have to do it. And then I would just give it all to Him. Sometimes I would try to fix things myself, going about trying and trying but ultimately all God wanted was for me to trust Him completely. He promised to take care of us. And He promised He would never leave nor forsake us. I have stood on that for many years and God has never failed me yet. Well, I don't even know what your situation is but for some reason I just typed that onto the screen. Maybe, if not for you, it was for someone. God bless you HD.
Our gas will be shut off this week.
Sorry i wasn't clearer.
Bless you encouraging words, you have no idea there are some who say its all my fault. (they don't even know me)
Uplifting is a rare and good thing; bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh MSS... 80 deg.?? That would be wonderful!! Yes it does get really hot here. I have relatives in Phoenix though and they say some days it has gotten up close to 120 deg. there. :
But is it better because of the less humidity? I was in Utah once and it was 90 but so much better than 90 in Ohio!

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟36,026.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry i wasn't clearer.
Bless you encouraging words, you have no idea there are some who say its all my fault. (they don't even know me)
Around here we have such places as HDC and The Patch center. St Vincent De Paul places that will help pay utilities. Do you have anything like that there? Someplace where you can get help from.

Reactions: icedtea
Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟36,026.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it might be worth calling salvation army back and asking them if they know of someplace you can contact. Don't you?

St Vincent De Paul is a nation wide place maybe you can get on their website and see if something is close to you.

Or we also have someone here on CF that helps as well. Maybe you can pm Tina. She does this type of thing for a living. And has helped us numerous times. In fact she has a ministry called the encouragment center that does this very thing.

Upvote 0

JoynTx

Joyfilled Believer
May 21, 2008
Texas
✟20,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm back everyone. :)
hugs all around.

Hi Jere, welcome back. I left a msg. for you on the Wow thread. Don't know if you saw it. But I'm still praying for you and for your family. God will sustain you through all of this I know. But I do know this...it's hard. God's blessings to you. Hugs, Joy:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JoynTx

Joyfilled Believer
May 21, 2008
Texas
✟20,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But is it better because of the less humidity? I was in Utah once and it was 90 but so much better than 90 in Ohio!
The humidity here is very high. That is one of the things that makes the heat so uncomfortable.

Sorry i wasn't clearer.

I would never tell you that it is your fault since I don't know you at all or have I had any real interaction with you. I do know that I have been in situations similiar to yours and I had to ask for a lot of help. I didn't like asking but I had to ask. We have agencies here who help with utilities and others that help with house payments/rent and churches that help with food and also rent or mortgage payments. I don't know how big your city is and if you have these types of agencies or not. But if you do, I would encourage you to call them. Also here payment arrangements can be made with the electric company and the city can offer assistance also. You will be in my prayers because I know that financial problems can cause things to look hopeless. But I promise you HD, God can and will help you. He is faithful. Just call on Him. If you put your trust in Him, He will not fail you. God bless you. :pray::hug:

Upvote 0

JoynTx

Joyfilled Believer
May 21, 2008
Texas
✟20,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Some nights I have to pry myself away from this computer...tonight is one of those nights. But it's getting quite late here and I must get some sleep. I pray you all have a very good night and a wonderful Sunday! God's blessings to you all, my friends.:hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.