• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Feeling trapped and alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

INeedYouGod

Hello

I have been a self harmer for about 4 years. The last couple of months I havn't hurt myself becuase of I have just moved back in with my parents and don't wanna risk them seeing the marks. Now I feel trapped and angry inside. I want to release the anger inside of me but don't wanna hurt myself anymore.

Wanna live by Gods will not my own.

any advice would be great.
Thank you
GodBless
Vony
xxx

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi Vony,

You know in what youve written there are two most important sentances you need to keep in your head, the more you keep reminding yourself of them you will pull through.
Your two sentances as quoted:-
'but don't want to hurt myself anymore'
'wanna live by Gods will not my own'
excellant words, positive and honest. So your left with the anger and feeling trapped.
Have you tried sweetheart doing exactly what Gods will wants you to do? Give that anger to him!! asked himto release you from the trapped feeling. Try it!! daily if possible. Thats Gods will.

Trust he will help u.

Im-revived

Hello

I have been a self harmer for about 4 years. The last couple of months I havn't hurt myself becuase of I have just moved back in with my parents and don't wanna risk them seeing the marks. Now I feel trapped and angry inside. I want to release the anger inside of me but don't wanna hurt myself anymore.

Thank you
GodBless
Vony
xxx

Upvote 0

mamalonglegs

May 21, 2006
Shelburne, New Hamphshire
✟7,829.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello

Thank you
GodBless
Vony
xxx
Dear "trapped and alone": That is an awful sounding place to be in. You need to find a friend and or start looking for a therapist to continue recovery. One cannot run and hide from such things. The longer you try the deeper that anger is going burn. Eventually, you know what will happen. Anger is a dangerous item to put in capped bottle, BOOM! You do not want that.

Until then maybe you can keep writing in here. Keep a journal. Make a list of other things you can do instead of dwelling on the negative situation you are in. Things that you love and keep yourself busy with them until you can get some help. You must find an healthy outlet. mamalonglegs I will put you on my prayer list for now. Ephesians 6:18

Upvote 0

HolyOne87

Call Me A Sinner, Call Me A Saint..
Jun 2, 2006
✟18,539.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sometimes when I have anger bottled up inside, I punch a pillow..for as long as I need to. Sometimes I also call up someone close and talk to them about whats wrong.
I shall pray for you Vony..That God helps you and walks with you through this all

+God Bless+

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.