Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
For this more than 3 years i had many stugles with my sins and although i prayer in the morning and before bed sometimes more. Not often read bible because feel tired after work and hard to read because of my eyes for long. I feel like my faith is giving no fruits although i do prayer but it seems i dont seek God enough my thoughs all the time on other things. When i was studying in missionary school and in my group i was person that felt most inspired with Holy Spirit and had strong passion for preaching to people. I dont know what happened maybe just routine of my life.. my life is pretty boring just work and home,tv, computer.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When i was studying in missionary school and in my group i was person that felt most inspired with Holy Spirit and had strong passion for preaching to people. I dont know what happened maybe just routine of my life.. my life is pretty boring just work and home,tv, computer.

What do you belief about Jesus and about your self?
What evidence do you have for your beliefs?

There is no mention of church or of any form of social interaction.

May I suggest you attend church, one where they are preaching from the Bible.
That you get involved in some form of activity, play football, go training in a park, that you monitor what you are watching and use filters/anti virus etc to restrict what you can watch.
If your eyes are tired, turn the TV, computer off and listen to the bible on audio, or to novels, join a book club to discuss the books.

Christianity is not a passive just believe, but an active investigation into what faith is, active because one has to put it to work in one's own life.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
For this more than 3 years i had many stugles with my sins and although i prayer in the morning and before bed sometimes more. Not often read bible because feel tired after work and hard to read because of my eyes for long. I feel like my faith is giving no fruits although i do prayer but it seems i dont seek God enough my thoughs all the time on other things. When i was studying in missionary school and in my group i was person that felt most inspired with Holy Spirit and had strong passion for preaching to people. I dont know what happened maybe just routine of my life.. my life is pretty boring just work and home,tv, computer.
What do you do with or on your tv or your computer...?

What kinds of things are you engaged in on them, etc...?

And I am going to suggest to you that if reading the Bible isn't working out very well for you, you can download many free audio bible apps nowadays and just listen to the Word, and maybe try that out maybe...?

I don't work anymore, but when I used to, even then, etc, I found out just listening to the Bible being read to me, even while I was working, cause some of my jobs allowed for that, and that's how I got started, etc, anyway, doing that, worked wonders for me...

I still do it today, but not as much as I maybe used to now, but I must have just listened to many books of the Bible maybe 20 or more times (depending on the books, etc) (some I listened to more, some less) but I spent a lot of time in God's word that way, etc, you should maybe try it, etc...

I find it less exhausting and more relaxing than reading a lot of the time, but there is still really no replacement from actually reading the book though, I have also found out, etc, and taking notes, etc, but just listening to it can be very, very good for you, etc, you should try it, etc...

You'll know a lot of the Word/word's at least, even if it is a bit difficult for you to quote exact chapter and verse, etc, and that's where actually reading it and studying it and taking notes comes in, etc...

But you can also "cheat" sometimes once you know the words, etc, like with a computer Bible program and/or app and keyword search, etc, which is what I will do sometimes, etc, but you'll get to know a lot of the Word, etc...

It will become a part of you, etc...

And you'll start "bearing fruit" like you wouldn't believe, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Something that has helped me is listening to praise and worship music while I am in my car.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Something that has helped me is listening to praise and worship music while I am in my car.
Oh yes, I completely forgot about that, something I do a lot, "a lot" also, big music person, etc, of all kinds, etc...

Thanks,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

(Jos 1:8) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

(Rom 10:17) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

the words we hear steer our thinking; i believe this is why God told Joshua to first put God's Words in his mouth; this would cause Joshua to meditate on them day and night. we each hear our own words more than we hear anyone else's - if you look for ways and opportunities to talk about God's Words, it will be easier to meditate on God's Words - and then, as you increase in keeping His Words in your mouth and meditating on them, you'll make your way prosperous, and you'll have good success. if there's no one speaking God's Words to you, and you aren't speaking God's Words either, then you will not meditate on God's Words; you'll meditate on the world's words (which are driven by the devil), and you'll struggle to be prosperous and have good success. this is a big part of why you were inspired by the Holy Spirit when you were in missionary school - you were keeping God's Words in your mouth, and meditating on God's Words day and night.

try reading your Bible out loud each morning when you're rested (you can go to bed a little earlier and get up a little earlier to make time for this); focus on the Law of Faith (rather than the Law of Moses) by reading Romans, Ephesians and Hebrews, the letters to the Churches, and of course the four accounts of Jesus' ministry - this will ground you in knowledge of God's New Testament covenant with you. look for references to the Old Testament as you read and follow them to help yourself understand the Old Testament too. as you go through your day, look for opportunities to speak God's words to others - you hear all of your own words, so the more of His Words you speak, the more your faith will be released (and the less you speak His Words, the less your faith will be released). seek some good sermons to listen to that will help you meditate on and understand His Words; pump the Word of God into your ears as much as you can. what worked for Joshua will work for you too :)

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
For this more than 3 years i had many stugles with my sins and although i prayer in the morning and before bed sometimes more.

Are you a born-again child of God, as Jesus describes in the Gospel of John, chapter 3? Why do you think God will hear and answer your prayers? You might want to think on Isaiah 59:2 and 1 John 1:9. If you are person still lost in sin, the only prayer from you God will hear is one of repentance from sin and trust in Christ as your Saviour and Lord.

Not often read bible because feel tired after work and hard to read because of my eyes for long.

So, why not read the Bible before work when you aren't yet tired? Put God first, not last.

I feel like my faith is giving no fruits although i do prayer but it seems i dont seek God enough my thoughs all the time on other things.

Who is making you more like Christ? You or God? The Bible says that God changes you, not that you change yourself for God. (Phil. 1:6; 2:13; 1 Cor. 1:8, 9; Rom. 8:13; 1 Thess. 5:23, 24, etc.) Any person who is trying in their own strength to be who God wants them to be is destined to failure. Only God can make you godly. And He does this through the Person of His Spirit, the Holy Spirit, who comes to live within you and changes you as you live in submission to Him throughout every day (Ro. 6:13; Ro. 12:1; Ja. 5:7-10; 1 Pe. 5:7). If you aren't enjoying and going deep with God, if things between you and Him are going stale, it is always, at least in part, because you've ceased to live in surrender to God and so have halted His transformation of you.

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus is the author and perfected of our faith. If you want to be rich in faith, you have come in union with the Lord.

If you continue to be apart from Christ, you cannot be fruitful.

Upvote 0

Skylar8

Deaf Christian
Oct 13, 2020
USA
✟12,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single

I'm on exactly same path where you are coming from lol. I'm single still struggles looking for a true christan woman I pray alot, like ALOT i pray every morning, before work, gettin up, before going to bed, etc.. i'm having an issue for not reading holy bible often because i get sleepy easily if i only read 1-5 sentences, i work alot too and i get tired after work. Sitting at home, hangin out with my family, sometimes tv, and mostly computer gaming... my life is pretty boring too. I always try to stay away from worldly . I felt like my faith is fading away which is not good. I need to get back on track and pray to god more often. I think the whole covid-19 situations and evil people at my work causing me lack. I felt like God is protecting me from my work to make money to support my family and not to find any woman in these last days until Jesus returns, just saying. Sorry for my bad english, I was born 100% deaf my whole life.

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums