Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The point is this. The bible states you have a righteousness/ justification before God of faith in Christ. But your righteousness in your eyes must be what stops you being condemned. Therefore, if you fear apostasy will send you to hell. Your righteousness is not committing apostasy. It is not therefore faith in Christ

? I don't understand anything past the second sentence.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The bible is very clear about people who will seem saved and fall away. I should have known but I went to other things for comfort. I still get tempted by them sometimes, like the peace I felt from Taoism and I go on Netflix binges to avoid fear sometimes. I make myself read a chapter every day and it's hard but doesn't seem to be enough. I feel like a fake, baseless Christian.

Give yourself some more time you are only 17, spiritual awakening doesn't just happen over night. Also remember if you can't do anything to save yourself on your own what makes you think you can do something to lose something you couldn't get on your own. You have to remember salvation is a gift, its not something you or I earned. God gave it to us because he loves us and he wants us apart of his family.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
? I don't understand anything past the second sentence.
If you pm me an email address I will send you something to read tomorrow. It is far better that way than trying to explain it in posts here. If you decide you don't want to read it, that is fine. It's entirely up to you

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you pm me an email address I will send you something to read tomorrow. It is far better that way than trying to explain it in posts here. If you decide you don't want to read it, that is fine. It's entirely up to you

Why don't you PM it straight to me?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a lot more likely to end up in hell than a car accident. I drive defensively like I know what to do in a lot of situations but spiritually it's like being blindfolded on the interstate with the music blaring and trying to get off at the right exit.
So, you are capable of understanding these issues, plus you can give a very original and clear image to explain yourself. So, your mind is capable of functioning like this.

And Jesus gives us images of His message, for helping us to love God and do His will. So, you can understand how Jesus is explaining things :)

And Jesus suffered like He did, in order to bless you; so Jesus cares for you more than you do!!!

"'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.'" (Matthew 11:28)

So, in case you are weary and heavy laden, you qualify for the welfare of God's mercy and grace.

Well you have a lot of doubt involving this but how do you know you are guilty of it? What makes you more sure you aren't saved than you are?
It sounds like you care; plus, you are not committed to being condemned, are you?

Trust God who is our good Judge, to decide what He wants to do with you.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So, you are capable of understanding these issues, plus you can give a very original and clear image to explain yourself. So, your mind is capable of functioning like this.

And Jesus gives us images of His message, for helping us to love God and do His will. So, you can understand how Jesus is explaining things :)

And Jesus suffered like He did, in order to bless you; so Jesus cares for you more than you do!!!

"'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.'" (Matthew 11:28)

So, in case you are weary and heavy laden, you qualify for the welfare of God's mercy and grace.

It sounds like you care; plus, you are not committed to being condemned, are you?

Trust God who is our good Judge, to decide what He wants to do with you.

I'm using the image provided to explain how unsure I am. What about what right does the clay have to ask the Potter why it was made that why? If I am condemned....

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm using the image provided to explain how unsure I am.
Yes; this is very clear; thank you for telling me :)

What about what right does the clay have to ask the Potter why it was made that why? If I am condemned....
If you are condemned, Jesus says that the one who does not believe is indeed condemned "already" (John 3:18). But this means the person needs to trust in Jesus . . . like all of us have needed to do . . . so we are not condemned. And I will offer that believing is not only mentally accepting a fact.

We are talking about trusting in Jesus.

In my case, I said a prayer for Jesus to save me, but then I got right in to criticizing people, anyone and everyone, somehow. So, I understand, God let me get a sample of what that could get me into. It was horrible, in me.

It could be nice and easy just to say I was condemned and not deal with getting real correction. But God had mercy on me and had me come to Jesus and seek Him for more and more real correction, in my case of conceit and self-righteously criticizing of others. And deal with learning how to love.

Stubbornness is condemned. Satan with his pride is condemned. Being conceited and self-righteously criticizing others is condemned. Worshiping my own ability to figure things out, could . . . is . . . condemned!

God knows what is really going on with you :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Giving advice while messing up isn't being a hypocrite. I mean we all mess up with somethings. Me? I don't give advice on things I still struggle with because I don't want to sound like I am "fixed" enough to give advice. Though in many cases you can give advice about things you are struggling with like "While I struggle with <insert subject>, I find methods to help me from me struggling are <insert things>."

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I forgot to mention there are times when I mess up or maybe see how good someone else is doing and am like "I hope I really am saved, because so and so looks like they are doing so good at this walk!". But those thoughts, for me at least, don't last long and I remember of course I am saved. We all have moments of doubt. However its why we must remain strong, have faith and hope in His promise. Now if you have doubts like every second of the day, maybe I'd worry a bit more about something else going on like maybe mental health issues. In that case the thoughts may not be on purpose and somewhat out of your control. And I think God understands peoples situations (mostly).

Like having a brain injury my memory isn't that great and I forget alot of things. I know God understands I am not lazy or forgetting on purpose.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Giving advice while messing up isn't being a hypocrite. I mean we all mess up with somethings. Me? I don't give advice on things I still struggle with because I don't want to sound like I am "fixed" enough to give advice. Though in many cases you can give advice about things you are struggling with like "While I struggle with <insert subject>, I find methods to help me from me struggling are <insert things>."

It just seems like giving advice on like chemistry. I'm terrible at chemistry. What good am I if I read an entire textbook but really understand none of it and quote big words but then get covered in an acid and no idea how to stop it?

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I forgot to mention there are times when I mess up or maybe see how good someone else is doing and am like "I hope I really am saved, because so and so looks like they are doing so good at this walk!". But those thoughts, for me at least, don't last long and I remember of course I am saved. We all have moments of doubt. However its why we must remain strong, have faith and hope in His promise. Now if you have doubts like every second of the day, maybe I'd worry a bit more about something else going on like maybe mental health issues. In that case the thoughts may not be on purpose and somewhat out of your control. And I think God understands peoples situations (mostly).

Like having a brain injury my memory isn't that great and I forget alot of things. I know God understands I am not lazy or forgetting on purpose.

But that's the thing; that's why we stay strong but I failed. I'm weak, and I've been even weaker.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm on a mobile, but I think I can( just checked)
If you pm me an email address I will send it straight away

I can't even find PM on computer. I'm on mobile now, I'd just still like not to use my email.

Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I talk to other people and give all sorts of advice and fear that I myself am not saved. I am afraid of committing Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, apostasy (I came to Christ at a young age and had amazing supernatural experiences, then around sixteen became depressed, had doubts, and wondered if I had hallucinated everything since I have unconfirmed but a high likelyhood of schizophrenia.), or by cursing Jesus. That one verse about no one can say Jesus is Lord but by the HS.... and my brain went overboard with that so I'll constantly have cursing thoughts and sometimes I have said it out loud not meaning to say anything. I fear that marks me unsaved. :( I am afraid of being one of the foolish virgins who ran out of oil, the seeds that were choked by thorns, or tares to be rooted from the wheat and burned.

Edit: Also the many will go astray after doctrines of devils and the itching ears thing. :(

Edit 2: Also I fear the mark of the beast. Thoughts of I accept ____ and I worship ____ pop into my head.
We all have thoughts that we aren't proud of. Someone once told me that Satan will throw thoughts at us just to try and get us to sin. We just have to choose not to worry about them or dwell on them and ask God to help us to do so. I'd also suggest asking God to help you not have cursing thoughts or to curse, whether intentional or not. Satan is trying to break you down with these things, but God is willing to forgive when we truly regret what we've done and ask the Lord for forgiveness.

This article may bring you some comfort as well: Unpardonable Sin

Upvote 0

GandalfTheWise

In search of lost causes and hopeless battles
May 27, 2012
Wisconsin
✟71,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Something I've observed over the years, many (most?, almost all?) new Christians go through a period of time where they feel that the Christian walk is like a minefield. I have to step carefully, I don't want to step on the unforgivable sin and blow myself away for eternity. I don't want to step on the wrong sin and ruin all of God's plans for my life. I need to keep track of every sin I've possibly committed so I can ask forgiveness. How do I know or not if I have accidentally stepped into a dangerous sin? How many sins is one sin too many to be forgiven? Depending on the beliefs of the church they attend, they either end up being worried about whether they are "really" saved or not; or worried if they have irreversibly "lost" their salvation. The net result is feeling sometimes that the Christian life feels more about being in mortal danger of God's wrath than freedom and peace and confidence before God.

Somewhere along the line, after spending years walking with God, the Christian life starts to become more like an adventure. God becomes a trusted guide to be there and take us through the dark times and the bright times. The forgiveness of our sins and our reconciliation with God has become real to us. We spend more time focusing on what God wants us to become rather than avoiding sin. We start to have confidence and trust before God rather than fear. I've come to believe that this confidence and trust is something that grows over time as we continue to walk with Him. I'm not sure that there is any shortcut other than spiritual growth.

God has started a work in your life and will continue it. Spiritual growth will occur whether you feel like it is happening or not. Such things as prayer, Bible reading, and spending time with other Christians help the process along faster than if we don't do them. We each have our own individual strengths and weaknesses that we must work through. What's a struggle for one person might not be for someone else. Having a supportive church or small group around you can help a lot.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't even find PM on computer. I'm on mobile now, I'd just still like not to use my email.
Pm is sending a private message. If you click on my avatar, it will give you an option to start a private conversation with me. That is what I meant.
I understand you don't want to give your email address out. But it really is impossible to go over this subject in the detail needed simply by exchanging posts here.

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I talk to other people and give all sorts of advice and fear that I myself am not saved. I am afraid of committing Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, apostasy (I came to Christ at a young age and had amazing supernatural experiences, then around sixteen became depressed, had doubts, and wondered if I had hallucinated everything since I have unconfirmed but a high likelyhood of schizophrenia.), or by cursing Jesus. That one verse about no one can say Jesus is Lord but by the HS.... and my brain went overboard with that so I'll constantly have cursing thoughts and sometimes I have said it out loud not meaning to say anything. I fear that marks me unsaved. :( I am afraid of being one of the foolish virgins who ran out of oil, the seeds that were choked by thorns, or tares to be rooted from the wheat and burned.

Edit: Also the many will go astray after doctrines of devils and the itching ears thing. :(

Edit 2: Also I fear the mark of the beast. Thoughts of I accept ____ and I worship ____ pop into my head.

I've been through all of the above, almost committed suicide. I had schizophrenia, manic bipolar disorder, and PTSD and God healed me from it all. Just a bit about my background. I know how crippling the accusation on the mind can be. The Holy Spirit convicts, but it is the Devil that torments us with the crippling accusation.

Jesus Christ works through our hearts to get to our minds, the Devil works through our minds to get to our hearts.

God has declared you righteous by believing in His only begotten son Jesus Christ, you are free to be righteous conscious, not sin-conscious. If your life has become worse after knowing Christ, something is amiss! He is God of the living, not the dead! When God set us free from sin, He freed us to seek after His righteousness with no fear of condemnation! When the Father looks at you, He sees the righteousness of His perfect Son through your faith in His loving sacrifice for you.

I pray for supernatural peace over you in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. Continue to study and grow in relationship with Abba, Father in the full assurance of salvation through faith!

P.s You may find full water immersion baptism liberating if you have not already been baptised, or still have some doubts. 1 Peter 3:21-22

God loves you very much. You are His treasure. I am praying for you mighty warrior of God! :)

If you have any questions, I know the Word very, very well, I live it! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0