undisclosed Bunker
✟289,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wrote this mid Feb in 2020, just found it again; was going to add it to another thread that was ongoing, but it got deleted lol. But anyway, here's what my thoughts were at the time. Have fun :)
=========

My name is KVII.

I live on the Death Star.

Of course, I don't call it the Death Star, very few people who live on the Death Star call it the Death Star. Mostly, I call it a SuperPower. Sometimes I've heard it called a HyperPower, and this seems correct to me. I can kind of understand *some* people calling it the Death Star? We are a little rude sometimes. Usually not as rude as the people who call it the Death Star (I think mostly they are just jealous) But, whatever people call it, it's my home.

Most of the people who call it the Death Star fly little things called Snub-Fighters. Those are cute. They dream of dropping Proton Torpedoes down our exhaust ports, but they don't really have any Proton Torpedoes, and Proton Torpedoes are pretty hard to come by, almost to the point of being imaginary. We have several exhaust ports anyway and they would probably need to hit more than one to really hurt us, not like in that silly movie. I'm not sure where they all are, but I work pretty near the entrance to one and could walk there if I wanted to. It's a pretty big Death Star.

I've never really worried about the Death Star; it's pretty good at taking care of itself. Some of the smaller Death Stars might be a little jealous of it and wish they were bigger and it were smaller, but no one *really* wants to have a Death Star fight (especially with us), so mostly there's just a lot of grumbling.

Grumble Grumble.

An interesting thing happened on one of the other Death Stars though recently. An invisible Proton torpedo magically appeared and detonated near one of it's exhaust ports! It's probably pretty unhappy about this. But it has a real problem now, an even bigger one. Because anyone who was near that first Proton torpedo explosion got a magical invisible Proton torpedo strapped to their back, with the timer set to go off in about a week. They didn't even know it!

Bizarre!

So now, there are Proton torpedo explosions ALL over the place! All leaving little invisible Proton torpedoes with their timers set on people that are near them when they go off! On that other Death Star things are not looking good, and they've more or less shut parts of it down to deal with the problem. I've never seen a Death Star shut down like that! And most of the other Death Stars (including mine) used to do a lot of business with it and are still trying to. One of the ways that Death Stars get big and keep their lights on and weapons powered is by doing business with other Death Stars.

(My Death Star has LOTS of lights and weapons. Blinkity Blinkity.)

Because they used to do a lot of business with the first Death Star, many of the other Death Stars (including mine) have also experienced Proton torpedo explosions themselves. But they've seen what happened to the first Death Star, and they really, really don't want to get shut down if they can avoid it. So the smart ones are doing their best to watch out for invisible Proton torpedoes. I'm not sure how smart all of them are, but I know that mine is very, very smart. And they know now to watch out for the invisible timer Proton torpedoes the explosions leave behind. The LAST thing they want is for a Proton torpedo to detonate in one of their exhaust ports.

But... that's the FIRST thing the little Snub-Fighters want! And not just on my Death Star - ALL the Death Stars have Snub-Fighters that don't like them to one degree or another. It's a Snub-Fighter's dream come true! All of a sudden they are not so cute anymore! If a Proton Torpedo detonates a direct hit in a Death Star exhaust port, the Death Star won't even know for certain if a Snub-Fighter did or didn’t do it! They might even suspect that another Death Star that didn't like them did it!

Uh-Oh. Grumble Grumble!

Now, not only do we have Death Stars that can't do business with each other, Proton Torpedoes going off near or in Death Star exhaust ports, and Death Stars that are shut down, now we have angry wounded suspicious Death Stars.

Angry wounded suspicious Death Stars are not good.

So, for the first time EVER, I'm a little worried about my Death Star. It might have to shut down. It might take some exhaust port hits either randomly or deliberately. It might take A LOT of exhaust port direct hits and not know where they are coming from. It might even get into a fight with another Death Star.

All because of that one magically appearing Proton torpedo!

Huh!

I wonder where that came from!

====

"I'm not sure how smart all of them are, but I know that mine is very, very smart. "
...LOL.
Live and learn.