Married
Ok - I think it is this.

1. Passover — Leviticus 23:4-8
2. Unleavened Bread — Leviticus 23:6
3. First Fruits — Leviticus 23:10
4. Feast of Weeks or Pentecost — Leviticus 23:16

========================
5. Feast of Trumpets — Leviticus 23:24-25
25 You shall not do any laborious work, but you shall present an offering by fire to the Lord.’”

6. Day of Atonement — Leviticus 16, Lev 23:26-32
7. Feast of Tabernacles or Booths — Leviticus 23:34-36

• Lev 23:36 For seven days you shall present an offering by fire to the Lord. On the eighth day you shall have a holy convocation and present an offering by fire
How about the Sabbath? Leviticus 23:3?
Since Moses list down the Lords festivals (Levitical 23:1,2) in which the 7th day Sabbath is the first on the list...What do you think? Is it Lords festivals or Not?

Thanks again

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How about the Sabbath? Leviticus 23:3?

Well yes it is a day of "holy convocation" but
1. it is not an annual feast day that came into being at Sinai - rather it existed in Gen 2:1-3 according to Ex 20:11.
2. There was no animal sacrifice for it in Gen 2:1-3 as given in scripture and as defined in Ex 20:8-11
3. There is no requirement for a priest - to observe it.
4. Israel was not told to gather the entire nation each Sabbath from all over the world - by contrast to the feasts. In Lev 23 it is "each one in his dwelling" observing it.

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Hello, the OP pointed out that the feast days ended at the cross and reference Hebrews 10:4-12..

So I'm not sure which which feast days out of the 7 festivals given to Israel ( Lev 23) is Hebrews 10 is about...So can you explain what feast days is Hebrews 10:4-12 is referring to?
It is referring to the sacrificing itself, not the feasts.

There are a few references to sacrificing and their relationship to the change to the Heavenly Sanctuary services. Hebrews does mention sacrificing services that are only performed on Yom Kippur. Yom Kippur is the sacrifice of the final cleansing unto perfection when it comes to the Heavenly Yom Kippur service. A shadow of things to come is prophetic and indicative that it is still in play and not passed away.

Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

We know it is Yom Kippur here because this is the only time the priest performs a sacrifice for himself and his sins before performing the sacrifice for the congregation.

Hebrews 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Even the earthly sanctuary services were known only to illustrate what is truly being performed in heaven and it went deeper than just rituals, it went to the cleansing of the soul of all sins as it pertains to conscience..

Hebrews 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Good point. The Heb 10:4-12 point addresses anything with an animal sacrifice and offering - and is not limited to just applying to annual feasts of Lev 23.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,616.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well yes it is a day of "holy convocation" but
1. it is not an annual feast day that came into being at Sinai - rather it existed in Gen 2:1-3 according to Ex 20:11.
2. There was no animal sacrifice for it in Gen 2:1-3 as given in scripture and as defined in Ex 20:8-11
3. There is no requirement for a priest - to observe it.
4. Israel was not told to gather the entire nation each Sabbath from all over the world - by contrast to the feasts. In Lev 23 it is "each one in his dwelling" observing it.
Thanks Bob for the info I will need to get more reading and understanding on this subject. Thanks

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,616.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are a few references to sacrificing and their relationship to the change to the Heavenly Sanctuary services. Hebrews does mention sacrificing services that are only performed on Yom Kippur. Yom Kippur is the sacrifice of the final cleansing unto perfection when it comes to the Heavenly Yom Kippur service. A shadow of things to come is prophetic and indicative that it is still in play and not passed away.

Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

We know it is Yom Kippur here because this is the only time the priest performs a sacrifice for himself and his sins before performing the sacrifice for the congregation.

Hebrews 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Even the earthly sanctuary services were known only to illustrate what is truly being performed in heaven and it went deeper than just rituals, it went to the cleansing of the soul of all sins as it pertains to conscience..

Hebrews 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Hello, thanks visionary..

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I just discovered a couple of quotes from E G White. The reason that they are of interest to me, is because of my interest in the fall feasts and there prophectic significance. Has anyone here been doing much study on this subject??

"All the ceremonies of the Jewish law were prophetic, typical of mysteries in the plan of redemption." Volume 6, Bible Commentary, p. 1095. E.G. White

Speaking of the feast days which occurred in the spring relating to the first advent, Passover, Unleavened Bread, Wave Sheaf, and Pentecost, Ellen White writes,

"These types were fulfilled, not only as to the event, but as to the time....." Then continuing she writes, "In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service." Great Controversy, p. 399, 400. E.G. White

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I just discovered a couple of quotes from E G White. The reason that they are of interest to me, is because of my interest in the fall feasts and there prophectic significance. Has anyone here been doing much study on this subject??

"All the ceremonies of the Jewish law were prophetic, typical of mysteries in the plan of redemption." Volume 6, Bible Commentary, p. 1095. E.G. White

Speaking of the feast days which occurred in the spring relating to the first advent, Passover, Unleavened Bread, Wave Sheaf, and Pentecost, Ellen White writes,

"These types were fulfilled, not only as to the event, but as to the time....." Then continuing she writes, "In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service." Great Controversy, p. 399, 400. E.G. White

And that my friend is the whole reason that there is even a Seventh-day Adventist church -- the Millerites figured that out and saw that Oct 22, 1844 was being pointed to by one of the fall feasts when combined with the 2300 day-for-year timeline of Daniel 8.

Just like the spring feasts of Lev 23 - pointed to the year of Christ's death according to Daniel 9 day-for-year-timeline and the sequence of spring feasts

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
And that my friend is the whole reason that there is even a Seventh-day Adventist church -- the Millerites figured that out and saw that Oct 22, 1844 was being pointed to by one of the fall feasts when combined with the 2300 day-for-year timeline of Daniel 8.

Just like the spring feasts of Lev 23 - pointed to the year of Christ's death according to Daniel 9 day-for-year-timeline and the sequence of spring feasts
That is a good start, then EG White made these statements long after the Millerites, so the future fulfillment is yet to be.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That is a good start, then EG White made these statements long after the Millerites, so the future fulfillment is yet to be.

Well in my view 1844 is not in the future when it comes to the start for the Day of Atonement - but the end of that is still future and it is the end of that event that is "the problem" for mankind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Well in my view 1844 is not in the future when it comes to the start for the Day of Atonement - but the end of that is still future and it is the end of that event that is "the problem" for mankind.
We know the Millerites were wrong on somethings, but were on the right track on other things. Now to sort it out.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We know the Millerites were wrong on somethings, but were on the right track on other things. Now to sort it out.

ok but I am trying to understand this post of yours --

Both Ellen White and the Millerites were looking at the date Oct 22, 1844. I don't see how commenting on that specific point leads to "the future fulfillment is yet to be" unless you are talking about the Millerite teaching that the end of the 2300 years of Dan 8 was supposed to be the literal second coming (which clearly is future still)

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
ok but I am trying to understand this post of yours --

Both Ellen White and the Millerites were looking at the date Oct 22, 1844. I don't see how commenting on that specific point leads to "the future fulfillment is yet to be" unless you are talking about the Millerite teaching that the end of the 2300 years of Dan 8 was supposed to be the literal second coming (which clearly is future still)
EG White was not talking about the Millerites prophecy but the the vision of the future she saw and what she came to understand.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Some highlights of the Feast of Trumpets..

At the sound of the trumpets, the message will get to the people of God and they will gather
from the four corners of earth into the truth. There are four winds of earth which are
the winds of strife that the devil can stir up, and they are being held back from having full
sway upon the multitudes until every one has a chance to receive the seal of the Living
God.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
You remember the parable that the Lord told about building the house on the rock, so that
when the winds blew and the floods came, it was not moved. We understand the foundation
for the house was a solid foundation in Yeshua. Building a foundation for the Temple of
God which you are, in which God may dwell will need to be strong to withstand every wind
of doctrine, and the over flooding of satanic deceptive lies manifested to deceive the very
elect in the last hours of earth’s history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
So how are the people of God to be prepared for this experience of feast of the trumpets? The world is deceived and the people of God are not to be overcome in some deception of Satan. They are themselves are to have an experience with God in His/their Temple. This indwelling of the Holy Spirit will seal them to the truth. Just as the disciples were told to stay in the upper room until the Holy Spirit comes, so are we to wait upon the Lord, praying for deliverance only He can give us. We are to be praying for the baptism of the Holy Spirit, that we might walk in the light of truth. Now you are wondering how Does one make the connection between the latter rain and the feast of trumpets?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The Lord will be coming into His house, your mind, like a rushing wind. Let us prepare
ourselves for the experience. Let us enter into His temple and see what He has prepared for
us that we may know what kind of Temple we are to be for Him to dwell in. Let us be
prepared for that day when He comes, we are awake and not asleep. Just like Pentecost was
for the disciples, so it will be for those who are to receive the latter rain at its appointed
time. Is it logical for this to happen before Yom Kippur??

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The early rain was Pentecost and the latter rain will come to prepare a people
which will bring everything to a head, where the mystery of God is finished, and the
indwelling of the Holy Spirit at the appointed time will be in its fullness never to leave. 125
As James said “Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the
husbandman waits for the precious fruit of the earth, and has long patience for it, until he
receive the early and latter rain.”

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
There will be a whole lot of shaking going on, when the Lord comes to everyone’s mind on
that special appointed time in a very real tangible way, all doors will be opened in your
mind, there will be nothing secret, everything will be exposed, and all the lies that have held
your mind locked in lies will be loosed, so that you can believe the truth in all its majesty
and beauty of Holiness. Revelations of truth, coming with stark clarity before your
understanding, so that you may truly repent forever of believing all the lies you have been
told. It will be easier to handle if you go to the Lord and learn now, than it will be, to be
overwhelmed in that day with the realities of the truth will come tearing down like the
curtain in the Temple of God, the moment Yeshua died. For to deny what is happening that
day, to deny the truth that has comes clearly to your mind, for your salvation, will be to
turn away from the last chance of salvation.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Here is a quick review of what to look forward to when you enter the first room in the Temple of God128 It is called the Holy Place. In there you will find the Menorah, also known as the candlestick, the table of showbread, and the altar of incense. Everything is made of gold here. As we enter into the Holy Place where God dwells with His Only Begotten Son, and the Holy Spirit we will notice in the first compartment or the Holy place three pieces of furniture, representative of what is available to help you learn and partake in the workings of your salvation. As priests, your task is to be a living example, a witness before the world, and offering to the world the opportunity to partake also of the salvation offered. This is where you, as a priest for our Lord and Savior are to pray, go before God for answers, direction, and guidance in spiritual matters. Each article in the Holy Place is for this daily ministering. This is the next step in the process of salvation. We have to enter in, and since this is a heavenly process, it will be the Holy spirit that will help us with this in a Mount Sinai way into our mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0