FBI Internal Memo Warns against ‘Radical Traditionalist Catholic Ideology’. Implications for Orthodox?

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Ooof...thank goodness my Church being full of black and brown people makes this particular malady very unlikely among our converts! Racism has absolutely no place in Christianity. I don't care what anyone tries to rebrand it as. Christ said that there is neither Jew nor Greek, and of course there is the miracle of the Holy Spirit's descent upon the gathered people on the day of Pentecost, during which the people -- Cretans and Arabs and all -- each heard the message delivered in their own tongue, but anyway...huge respect is due to the Antiochians for having kicked this Heimbach guy out. I hope any other church he may try to glom on to does the same, should he come to them without a sincere spirit of repentance.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
huge respect is due to the Antiochians for having kicked this Heimbach guy out. I hope any other church he may try to glom on to does the same, should he come to them without a sincere spirit of repentance.
yep, I think he wants Orthodoxy to justify his ideology, rather than let Orthodoxy transfigure his ideology.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I’d like to know their definition of radical? The left wing media seems to set the parameters for that….if you’re not 100% into vaccines for COVID, you’re a radical. If you are sick of BLM and racial balkanization, you’re a racist bigot. If you’re not for infantacide, you don’t value women’s “healthcare.” If you refuse to denounce Putin as a genocidal beast of Babylon, you’re a zealot radical. If you don’t have a Zelensky wallet photo, you’re dangerous.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, CNN, New York Times, and overall media, 80% of my parish are Hezbollah level radicals….:sick:^_^
Few have clear definitions for such things. They should, but in my experience, they rarely do.

Personally, I would not expect the average non-Orthodox or Catholic person to have the slightest idea of what the faiths teach. I mean, the slightest idea.

Upvote 0