Burbank
✟242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
so I got this new job at hobby lobby and I absolutely love everything about it. I want to buy one of everything basically but let’s get back to reality lol. I found some interesting hobbies ppl have and I’d like to know what’s your favorite hobby. What do u like to do in your free time. I like to chrochet blankets when I’m not overly busy with life, it sort of calms me and takes me to a place of relaxation. So I’d like to hear from you tell me I’d like to know :)

My favorite hobby is writing.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’m engrossed in sewing and learning patternmaking and fashion illustration. This is the lone activity that inspired me to purchase a bullet journal, do my color analysis and create a capsule plan for the year.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I’m engrossed in sewing and learning patternmaking and fashion illustration. This is the lone activity that inspired me to purchase a bullet journal, do my color analysis and create a capsule plan for the year.

I make my own patterns also. When I started sewing (at 9), they cost around $1.50, at most--they're over $10 now and I've seen them way higher than that. I've not done much for the past few years due to illness---I used to make my husbands Levi's and coats for him also, and embroidered T-shirts. Lost interest after he died.

Did knitting and crochet also. Made all my own purses. In a wheel chair now and go nowhere but doctors--don't need a bunch of purses anymore. I kept one "biker chick" bag" in black, with silver studs and a couple others. I have enough material to open my own little shop! I really do need to get back into it. I could at least sew for others---which I used to do a lot of also. Just have a hard time getting enthused about it anymore.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I make my own patterns also. When I started sewing (at 9), they cost around $1.50, at most--they're over $10 now and I've seen them way higher than that.

Wow, how neat! You’ve been sewing for awhile. :)

Yes, the prices are higher but Jo-Ann has monthly sales and the patterns range in price from $1.99 to $5.99. The announcement is made in the mailer and newsletter.

I've not done much for the past few years due to illness---I used to make my husbands Levi's and coats for him also, and embroidered T-shirts. Lost interest after he died.

What a loving gesture. I’m sorry for your loss. I’m sure he enjoyed your pieces and treasured them each.

I have enough material to open my own little shop! I really do need to get back into it. I could at least sew for others---which I used to do a lot of also. Just have a hard time getting enthused about it anymore.

Oy, you’re not alone with that. I’ve heard my share of stories and most admit it will outlive them!

Do you think you’d be interested in charity projects or maybe teaching instead?

It’s okay if you don’t rekindle your interest in sewing. God can use your talent in other ways.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a quilter. I make quits for myself, but also for charity, so I've lost track of how many quilts I've made so far.
I began quilting way back in 1976 when there was a great resurgence of the old colonial crafts in Pre-Revolutionary War days.
Quilting (along with sewing, crocheting, weaving, and candle making) has survived as both a craft and an art for all those years.
Quilts are wonderful to sleep under. They're just like getting a big warm hug.:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm fairly sick lately, but normally I enjoy photography and some photomanipulation for fun..

My last work was some photographs of my BIL for a political campaign as he's running for a local office.

I need to be working on an album cover for someone right now, but I can't sit or deal with the weight of a laptop right now so I was putting that off until I was feeling better..

but I really enjoy photography.. a lot. So yes, a definite hobby for me...

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
so I got this new job at hobby lobby and I absolutely love everything about it. I want to buy one of everything basically but let’s get back to reality lol. I found some interesting hobbies ppl have and I’d like to know what’s your favorite hobby. What do u like to do in your free time. I like to chrochet blankets when I’m not overly busy with life, it sort of calms me and takes me to a place of relaxation. So I’d like to hear from you tell me I’d like to know :)
i used to know how to crochet but forgot. it's not like riding a bike. lol.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
but I really enjoy photography.. a lot. So yes, a definite hobby for me...

I remember when the bug finally took hold. Once I picked up a camera I never looked back. It is very relaxing and I enjoy capturing moments in time. :)

Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love puzzle books.

My favorite hobby is reading. I want to start crocheting soon as well. I enjoy researching and tarot reading too. Another hobby is talking..

I love art!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

xBladesx

May 18, 2005
✟21,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Explain please!!

Paracordwork.jpg

Mostly wristbands but also make Lanyards for knives :)

Upvote 0