Jun 25, 2006
Arkansas
Visit site
✟15,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I only watch her for some comedy value..

Ever notice how she has a cocktail on every show and just seems to be a bit...well really happy every show? ;)

Just watch her past halloween show and the cookout show she did this summer and you'll see what I mean. It was great :D

I think she enjoys the happy hour more than anything else! It's great when we can involve the kids in this segment, too. Hot chocolate isn't good enough, we've got to add a little something to it. :thumbsup:

I noticed she had several Halloween costumes tucked away for her spooky special! ;)

Upvote 0

Mrs.Sidhe

Jan 11, 2005
East Central Georgia
✟5,040.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think she enjoys the happy hour more than anything else! It's great when we can involve the kids in this segment, too. Hot chocolate isn't good enough, we've got to add a little something to it. :thumbsup:

I noticed she had several Halloween costumes tucked away for her spooky special! ;)

Speaking of "cocktail time"....

I saw this show she did this past week where she made some cocktail with amaretto..

Well anyway, she was talking about this joke she and her husband have...Her husband says "Honey, how do you make a quick cocktail?" Her response is "Honey, its called scotch on the rocks!":D

This was said of course through slight slurring .....I laughed for two days.. :)

She seems so happy during cocktail time (as she calls it) that must be her favorite part of the show! Or during the day..when the entire day is "cocktail time".

Upvote 0

Christianbelle

Jun 25, 2006
Arkansas
Visit site
✟15,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Speaking of "cocktail time"....

I saw this show she did this past week where she made some cocktail with amaretto..

Well anyway, she was talking about this joke she and her husband have...Her husband says "Honey, how do you make a quick cocktail?" Her response is "Honey, its called scotch on the rocks!":D

This was said of course through slight slurring .....I laughed for two days.. :)

She seems so happy during cocktail time (as she calls it) that must be her favorite part of the show! Or during the day..when the entire day is "cocktail time".

^_^ She had probably spent the entire day perfecting the extact ratio of rocks vs. scotch and had a little bit too much! :D She always gets so excited when she announces the cocktail segment. They kill me how they will say "just a splash" and it turns out to be 1/2 the bottle!

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I stopped watching tv five years ago actually, but I remember watching and liking these shows (all on BBC - Dutch cooking shows are bad or non-existent):

The naked chef (Jamie Oliver)
Delia Smith
Two fat ladies
Food & Drink
Rick Stein's fish odysseys
Ready steady cook
Gary Rhodes

I love cooking, and watching a lot of cooking shows in my teens and early twenties taught me a lot that cookbooks and my parents (who aren't very good at cooking) couldn't.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Love:
Sugar - Anna Olson
Surreal Gourmet - Bob Blumer
Ming Tsai used to have a show called East Meets West
Barefoot Contessa - I gain weight just watching her shows!)
Good Eats - I like the scientific breakdown and tips
Iron Chef - for a laugh now and then! Interesting food too.
Chef at Large - Michael Smith
Jacques Torres - Can you tell I have a sweet tooth??

Favourite Oldschool:
Julia and Jaques (and well, anything Julia did. She was the master!)
Loved the Frugal Gourmet too

Can't Stand:
Emeril - that guy is just sooooo annoying! Nothing against the food.
Rachel Ray - possibly the most annoying TV show personality ever. Again, the food looks good enough. It's her that I can't watch.
Nigella - Is it just me, or is everything she does meant to have some kind of sexual connotation??
Bobby Flay - Admittedly, he's like a car wreck that I just can't look away from sometimes. He strikes me as a very unlikable person. But some of his food looks pretty good, and he's just so crazy that it's fun to laugh at him from time to time.
Al Roker - Not sure exactly why... I can't stand to see him eat. Something about how he chews or talks with his mouth full maybe. Ick!

Upvote 0

Watergirl

Jun 3, 2006
✟2,257.00
Faith
Baptist
I like all of them, especially Semi-Homade and Emeril Live. Sometimes some of the things Emeril makes are a little impractical but I always learn something.

Even more than the shows on TV, I subscribe to just about every food magazine.

Food and Wine, Bon Apetite, Cooking Light...

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.