Favorite Author?

Kestra

May 4, 2004
✟7,683.00
Faith
Christian
lozzie said:
Terry Goodkind, Matthew Reilly, Robin Hobb, Tamora Pierce, and you can't forget Roald Dahl!
Robin Hobb is one of my favorites too! I also like Matthew Reilly a lot - James Rollins writes similar books that you might like. :)

Other favorites: Stephen R. Lawhead, Dick Francis, Simon Green, Gordon Dickson, Robert Heinlein.

Upvote 0

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟37,907.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I do not think there is an author better than GK Chesterton. He uses the English language as if he created it. He writes on all sorts of topics, and writes in all sorts of genres. He is verry funny and very profound; his mind is simply brilliant. I think everyone becomes a little bit smarter with each page they read of Chesterton's.

I also like Tolkien, CS Lewis, James Fenimore Cooper, JK Rowling, and Homer, if you can count Homer :).

Upvote 0

drumairoxtinez

Great Novelist
Apr 21, 2004
Tucson, AZ
Visit site
✟15,167.00
Faith
Christian
Hello, Daniel Martinez here. I've read many, many books; but the one that will always stand out in my mind is Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert A. Heinlein. I would have to say that, even if only because of that book, Mr. RAH is my favorite author.

- Daniel Martinez,
Novelist

Upvote 0

Thithy

It's my life...
May 18, 2004
Cheney, WA
✟15,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hmm, I guess I'd have to say Piers Anthony. He's so funny, and I love the Xanth series. But Tamora Peirce is also great, even if she aims for a slightly younger audience (around 12-15). Yet I think every girl would love what she's done.

Reactions: lozzie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Athanasius7

Manalive
Mar 1, 2004
Hazard, Kentucky
Visit site
✟16,134.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
ps139 said:
I do not think there is an author better than GK Chesterton. He uses the English language as if he created it. He writes on all sorts of topics, and writes in all sorts of genres. He is verry funny and very profound; his mind is simply brilliant. I think everyone becomes a little bit smarter with each page they read of Chesterton's.

I agree completely. GKC is by far my favorite writer.

Reactions: ps139
Upvote 0

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Re: Ayn Rand -- I loved Fountainhead. I didn't care for Atlas Shrugged. It wasn't so much a work of literature as it was a seemingly endless propaganda piece. But it lends itself to really incredible discussions, and that's enjoyable.

My favorite authors are J.R.R. Tolkien, Alexander Dumas, Isaac Asimov, Carol Shields (Unless is one of my favorite books!), Barbara Kingsolver (love the essays in Small Wonder!), Pat Conroy (not so much for his plots as the way he mesmerizes you with words), Chaim Potok, and George McDonald. :) John Steinbeck, Leo Tolstoy, and Kurt Vonnegut are also wonderful.

Upvote 0

TheDandyMan

Incomplete without surface noise.
May 30, 2004
The Town, West Coast, USA
Visit site
✟9,018.00
Faith
Christian
Don't have a definite favorite. In no real order:
Dave Eggers
Tom Clancy
Clive Cussler
Neal Stephenson
Agatha Christie
Ray Bradbury
Brian Jacques
Robert Jordan
...along with several others I'm destined to forget and then remember at a latter time.

Upvote 0

Axver

Dreaming on a railway track
Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
ps139 said:
The man's got a point.

I'm also a fan of Shakespeare, Tom Clancy, John Grisham, Tolkien, Matthew Reilly, Douglas Adams, and various others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums