Favorite Author?

LoveIsGod

A Channel of Peace
Jan 29, 2004
Lexington, SC
✟7,757.00
Faith
Catholic
I agree, jeffthefinn: Graham Greene is a fabulous writer! My favorite book by Greene is probably Heart of the Matter. Carol Reid's movie The Third Man is one of the greatest ever thanks to Greene's script (not to mention Joseph Cotten and the always fabulous Orson Welles)!

Do you have a favorite Greene novel, Jeff?

Reactions: Reader Nilus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeanMak

Veteran
Feb 7, 2002
Suburb of Chicago
Visit site
✟2,472.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Koryu- I have read Orson Scott Card's 2 books- Sarah, and Rebecca. He is doing a series of books about women of the Genesis. They are GREAT books, telling the story of the patriarchs through the eyes of their wives. I really enjoy all of the books that I have read by him.

Another favorite author of mine is Robert Heinlein. He is awesome!! Stranger in a Strange Land and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is two of the best stories I have ever read. I also love Spider Robinson's sci-fi.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Can't say at this point in time that I have a favorite author but memorable authors include, of recent years, Vikram Seth (of "A Suitable Boy" fame); Irving Wallace (but only for his novel "The Man"); David Gutterson for his first two novels ("Snow Falling on Cedars" and "East of the Mountains") but my current leisure read author right now is Sarah Strohmeyer for her "Bubbles" series. Very silly but very fun novels. So far she has written three, won't strain yer brain and in my case I don't read that often because of chronic fatigue syndrome. Currently tho' I'm reading Kurt Vonnegut Jr's "Sirens of Titan". I read this in my youth and it is just as funny.
Oh, another great author I enjoyed immensely is Annie Proulx "The Shipping News". I have a couple of others of hers to read when I have some inspiring brain energy. Everything in prayer......
ps I like reading and books alot. Only wish that I could read more!

Upvote 0