South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I need to start over. I have a lot of work to do. I am frustrated. I am stressed out about my weight. I need to change my mindset. I know my problem is that I have this fear of failure, knowing I set myself up for failure. When I think of healthy eating and healthy lifestyle, I think permanent and diet. I want and need to lose weight. What is the best way to going about it? Please pray for me.

Dreamer8

Jul 21, 2012
✟595.00
Faith
Judaism
Losing weight is really simple! Dont let companies and etc fool u. The secret is to eat less than ur maintenance calories. Use a online calculator with miffins formula to seen ur maintenance, and eat 15-20% under it. Don't spend a dime on any "fat burners" I promise ull burn more fat walking to the store to buy em once, than taking em for a year.

As far as eating less, it's mostly
Mental. Stop thinking of food as a source of pleasure, think of it as a necessity to survive.

U see people on single forums that say stuff like "who needs dates, I got donuts!"

Well i promise, if they had less donuts they would have more dates.

In the end you choose what's important to you. But change takes time so don't beat urself up for failing, one day at a time, ull get there.

Upvote 0

Dreamer8

Jul 21, 2012
✟595.00
Faith
Judaism
Dont buy into "eating after xxxx time" your body doesn't say "oh noes! he ate within 2 hours of sleeping, better store it all to fat!"

In the end metabolic energy is caloric dependent. You can eat 2k cals through out the day

Or all at one meal before bed. x = x

And news flash, your body burns calories even when your asleep. Approx 50/hour. Shocking, I know.

Upvote 0

Dreamer8

Jul 21, 2012
✟595.00
Faith
Judaism
Also don't buy into metabolism crap. Want to speed up metabolism? Build muscle. Fatties say they got slow metabolism, but actually their rate is higher as they need more energy to function.

It's just that they eat way more than they burn. Which is why they are fat.

Trust me, nobody is "just more prone to gain weight"

Unless U have a serious medical condition like a thyroid problem, in which case weight is ur least concern, you can lose fat like anyone else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know my problem is that I have this fear of failure, knowing I set myself up for failure. When I think of healthy eating and healthy lifestyle, I think permanent and diet.
Emotions like fear or unforgiveness may be at the root of it. You may be eating to compensate for them. Compulsive eating usually has some emotional root.

Eating good stuff, reasonable portion control, keeping active - all fit in to a healthy lifestyle. And so does a positive attitude. Maybe you should examine your heart and see if you have any emotional strongholds that need the Lord's sweet liberating grace applied to them. If that is the case, go to Him in prayer, confidently, knowing that His love for you is in infinite supply. Spend time soaking, and let Him meet you there and gently satisfy your spiritual needs. Perhaps then you will grow strong in grace so that you will not have to make it up by harmful eating.

Do not be led away by diverse and strange teachings, for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, which have not benefited those devoted to them. -Heb 13.9

For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace. -Rom 6.14

Upvote 0

Cdnguy37

Aug 8, 2012
✟15,121.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
rome wasn't built in a day. It will take time. Here's what you do. Keep a set of dumb bells in some room of your place. then do one muscle group per day. So like bicepts, tricepts, shoulders, and as many different types as you can find. Just do one group a day. Do 3 sets of 8-15 reps. So the weight needs to be somewhat heavy. You can do that in like 2 minutes flat. Do that everyday like brushing your teeth. you'll get into shape in no time at all. Also start to eat more fruits and vegis. Eat less food overall. Like only say 1000 caleries a day. Then take vitimines. That's critically important. because most food contains no vitimines these days. So you have to suppliment!!! And just start to work on your inner dialog. I think I can I think I can ha ha ;-p Meanwhile I'll be praying for you. Dear lord please help this person to just keep active and enjoy the healthy body you've blessed them with. Help them to learn to love there body, for the fact that it's in good working order, and that there not paralysed, sick or deceased. Help them to love the life you've given them. Amen

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I need to start over. I have a lot of work to do. I am frustrated. I am stressed out about my weight. I need to change my mindset. I know my problem is that I have this fear of failure, knowing I set myself up for failure. When I think of healthy eating and healthy lifestyle, I think permanent and diet. I want and need to lose weight. What is the best way to going about it? Please pray for me.

I had to battle weight problems too. The one and only thing that has worked for me is turning it over to Messiah. Trying was futile. Praying with depth and humility worked.

Praying that through Messiah you will be freed and kept freed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
One odd thing I've found is that eating too much will actually make me as hungry as eating too little. I try to leave a little on the plate.

Sometimes, I'l tell myself, but that's wasting food. But in the scheme of things that loss will be minuscule, but a temendous bargain for you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.