AmeriLovesJesus

BELIEVING IS SEEING
Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Christian
So for the past month Ive had this urger that I should move out to California for a year and finish my schooling. I am completely unprepared because of a huge setback of depression I went through these past months. Im about to finish my first semester for this major and have tried to find a job so I could pay for my expenses to move. Since Im getting a little bit under control here Ive decided to fast for an answer to this decision. I was even contemplating leaving school because there is absolutely so much pressure here that I cannot concentrate on what Im going to school for.

Is this something I can fast for??

bibleblevr

Jan 27, 2009
Lynchburg VA
✟8,745.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
fasting to make a decision is a great idea!

remember fasting is an outward act displaying the fact that you are giving everything up to God, even food. So the purpose of a fast is to put yourself in the mindset that you will be utterly Dependant on him and that you have faith that whatever happens to you is his will and is meant to build you up.

after prayerfully making your decision to the best of your ability, never look back and second guess yourself. simply take what ever situation God hands you and strive to do God's will in it.This is all you can, or should try to do.

Upvote 0

Josephus777

Servant of the Most High
Apr 10, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟8,199.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So for the past month Ive had this urger that I should move out to California for a year and finish my schooling. I am completely unprepared because of a huge setback of depression I went through these past months. Im about to finish my first semester for this major and have tried to find a job so I could pay for my expenses to move. Since Im getting a little bit under control here Ive decided to fast for an answer to this decision. I was even contemplating leaving school because there is absolutely so much pressure here that I cannot concentrate on what Im going to school for.

I don't know about fasting for an answer about the move but fasting to remove the spirit of heaviness (depression) that is much more important in my opinion. The Lord through the prophet Isaiah gave one of the keys I have given you the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness Depression is a spirit along with a chemical imbalance that can be devastating The Lord also says certain spirits will only come out through fasting and prayer. These are only recomendations by your humble servant you need to seek the Lord He has all the answers

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
fasting to remove the spirit of heaviness (depression) that is much more important in my opinion.
I agree.
You know, a lot of people have found that their depression was caused by internal candidiasis -- systemic spread of yeast that feed on the sugars from carbs.

When people fast, the lack of sugars breaks the spread, and some of the critters die off. So you might find physical as well as spiritual and emotional benefits.

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2009
USA
✟15,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know about fasting for an answer about the move but fasting to remove the spirit of heaviness (depression) that is much more important in my opinion. The Lord through the prophet Isaiah gave one of the keys I have given you the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness Depression is a spirit along with a chemical imbalance that can be devastating The Lord also says certain spirits will only come out through fasting and prayer. These are only recomendations by your humble servant you need to seek the Lord He has all the answers

( josephus thank you so much for the site , it is reeally awsome ,
good bless you:wave::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

jpr7

Jun 11, 2006
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The church in Acts fasted for direction (somewhere in the later chapters) so I don't see why not.

Upvote 0