Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The Romeike family fled Germany back in 2010 approximately, to escape persecution and threats from the government to take custody of their children because they were home schooling, and home schooling is illegal in Germany. They fled to the United States, and were given refuge. However, without warning they were told that they are being deported back to Germany, and no explanation or reason was given.

Pray for this family.

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Romeike family fled Germany back in 2010 approximately, to escape persecution and threats from the government to take custody of their children because they were home schooling, and home schooling is illegal in Germany. They fled to the United States, and were given refuge. However, without warning they were told that they are being deported back to Germany, and no explanation or reason was given.

Pray for this family.
Praying for this family my friend. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
However, without warning they were told that they are being deported back to Germany
Their status was denied. They failed to convince Immigration that they were persecuted in any way. They are basically illegal and have been for a long time now. My wife is an immigrant, and we literally know hundreds of immigrants that follow the law. They should have gone to Canada; it is a lot easier to immigrant there. All you have to do is prove you have visible means of support.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If they are deported to Germany, their children will be taken from them. The Home School Legal Defense Association is is/has been advocating for the family in this case.

Praying for this family and that God intervenes as only he can.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe..they should've applied for 'permanent resident card'?
- any info. whether they tried?..to apply/get the card?
Their application was denied. My wife had trouble getting her temporary card. I got it straightened out and she was able to get her permanent resident card. Then she got her citizenship when her card ran out after 10 years. They do not actually disapprove of anything. They just do not approve an application unless you produce evidence that you are qualified to be approved.

I personally know someone that went to jail for a year because he hired illegal people to work for him. Most people in this state require a social security number before they can give you a paycheck. No number, no paycheck. I have undocumented people work the flea market. You do not need a permit to sell stuff there. Even a criminal can sell stolen good and pretty much get away with it there. I have seem people arrested for copyright infringement though. People make an effort to protect their copyrighted items.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,481.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would not it be easier for them to simply move to and live in another EU country that allows homeschooling? They need nothing for that, if they are EU citizens. Why to live illegally in the USA, instead?

European countries that allow homeschooling:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Portugal...

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Would not it be easier for them to simply move to and live in another EU country that allows homeschooling? They need nothing for that, if they are EU citizens.
Which leads us to believe it is a scam to get a green card.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,481.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which leads us to believe it is a scam to get a green card.
I can imagine that language barrier can be an issue in EU countries, but Austria is German speaking and next to Germany. So that would be my first choice, if I lived in Germany and needed to move. German is also spoken in the northern Italy.

I do not know if its a scam, I do not know their situation or reasons, just giving an idea how it could be done more simply, from the beginning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I do not know if its a scam, I do not know their situation or reasons, just giving an idea how it could be done more simply, from the beginning.
I know hundreds of people who follow the law. At least two or three hundred. So I do not understand why we should have sympathy for people who do not get their paperwork approved. I know of at least 30 or 40 people that we have helped. Immigration looks for fraud and they are pretty good at catching people at it. That is their job. Even my mom had an organization that helped the students that come over here on a student visa.

Sometimes you can talk to your elected official and they can help. We have used them to help expedite our applications. My wife was working in Hong Kong when China was taking them over. So she got special consideration for that. I have been to Hong when they were under British rule and I have been there when China was running the show.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If they are deported to Germany, their children will be taken from them. The Home School Legal Defense Association is is/has been advocating for the family in this case.

Praying for this family and that God intervenes as only he can.
The HSLDA has a petition with links to contact your Representative, also

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Update on the Romeike family: Their stay has been extended for a year, praise God!!!!

The HSLDA organization and their attorney will continue working on the case for a more permanent stay here in the US.

Thank y'all for the prayers. God bless you. :heart:

The song by Katy Nichole, "In Jesus' Name", comes to mind. It's essentially a "prayer", and it hits all the bases for those in dire straits.... not just for the Romeike family, but for sooooo many others in dire straits here and elsewhere in the world.

God is GOOD!!!!

Upvote 0