Family Desparately Needs Prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsg03

Nov 3, 2006
✟15,215.00
:cry: How do I start? My husband and I have moved into a tumultuous situation...we're living my parents. My divorced sister lives beside them. She has 2 kids 11 and 19. She and my eldest niece have done things that have turned my family as I knew it upside down. My eldest niece went buck wild over 2 years ago. She moved out to live with a drug user then her biological father talked her into moving back in with my sister and it's been live in bf after live in bf. The on she is with right now tends to abuse alcohol. My 11 yr old niece exposed to all of this. My 11 yr old niece is not wanted by her father, he'd rather be with his lover and my niece is treat more like a nagging dog than a human. Her mother thinks she can solve the problem by taking my niece places and getting her counseling. All that little girl wants is to be with her mother and have her mother want to be with her, not another trip to the mall. My sister will not open her eyes to see that she herself desparately needs help.
I learned last night that my sister is sleeping around and she has been dating a african american man. Race isn't the issue for me, but my parents are not too happy about that. My eldest niece is bi-polar and while we were off at prayer meeting Wed. night she had an episode and repeatedly hit my youngest niece. My sister treats my eldest niece like she's her friend and my youngest niece is required to be the daughter and do as she is told. The eldest is exempt from that. My sister used to have morals and lived by them and in a matter of 2 months that all changed. Now she's bar-hopping, sleeping around, and acting like she was never raised in a Christian home. She says this is who she is? :( My 11 yr old niece is not really wanted by either parent and this is absolutely killing my mom and dad. She is so confused. I know the best thing to do is to love them no matter what they do, but it's so darn hard. It's as if a huge black cloud is hovering over those two houses. I know this is a ton of reading, but this isn't even half of the story. My mom, dad, sister, eldest niece, and youngest niece really need your prayers.

Thank you all,

Shea

Orthocat

Veteran
Jun 8, 2006
✟2,393.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Aye, your family will be offered up in my prayers - with you and your husband as well.

Do not become discouraged, the evil ones will use this as a way to get to you.

You and your husband remain strong - together. Remember to talk to each other and find comfort with each other. And most definitely pray together.

Our Lord will be with you, rest assured.

Upvote 0
(40:5) εγω ειπα κυριε ελεησον με ιασαι την ψυχην μου οτι ημαρτον σοι

Lord have mercy upon them.
κυριε ελεησον
κυριε ελεησον
κυριε ελεησον

Upvote 0

Sothron

Humble Orthodox Christian
Nov 28, 2006
Columbus, Ga
✟16,708.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The prayers of the righteous availeth much. Even those like me who are not righteous can do much with earnest prayers and supplications. I will pray for your family and pray that the scales are lifted from your sister's eyes.

Reactions: MariaRegina
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.