Gay wedding gift??

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My niece is marrying a woman next summer. I'm not going to the wedding, but was wondering if I could send a small gift. I don't know what to do. Her mother (my sister) is always sending my son's kids things. I would be sending more for her than anything.

My other niece is still deep into Satan worship. I feel like I'm on a sinking ship. :(

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My niece is marrying a woman next summer. I'm not going to the wedding, but was wondering if I could send a small gift. I don't know what to do. Her mother (my sister) is always sending my son's kids things. I would be sending more for her than anything.

My other niece is still deep into Satan worship. I feel like I'm on a sinking ship. :(
1708569107852.png

Simple faith.

I would speak to the priest about this question.
Personally, I do not know the answer. But put your heart and faith into your prayers.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

A Bible?? Lol! ;)

Just send a card with some cash.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
A Bible?? Lol! ;)

Just send a card with some cash.
I actually like the biblical idea. But may end up going with the cash. I can't bring myself to send a "congratulations" card, maybe just a blank one.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. :(

One thing though, not giving her anything won't change the wedding from happening, but you're probably worried about the gift implying approval.
Yes, I am worried that it will appear that I'm approving of this marriage if I send a gift. My sister isn't too thrilled about this wedding, but her daughter is in her 30's and she can't really say or do anything about it.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I am worried that it will appear that I'm approving of this marriage if I send a gift. My sister isn't too thrilled about this wedding, but her daughter is in her 30's and she can't really say or do anything about it.
Is your sister even Christian?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Well, candlesticks always make a nice gift....

or some scented votives.

It's two women so......

{Didn't see that see was Jewish}

How about a Mezuzah ? It's nice and a direct analog of a holy water font at the door.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums