Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Greetings everyone, does anyone know why I have light green leaves falling from the upper righthand corner of my browser as I'm surfing here at CF?

If it's something that's been added as an upgrade, my suggestion is to remove it as it is pretty distracting (motion, of any kind, on a format like this one, always is, IMHO).

Thanks!

God bless you!!

--David

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's quite a strong flavoured meat. More like game than beef or lamb.

Edited to add: it's very healthy, fwiw. Quite a lean, iron-rich meat.

I understand gamey, in terms of taste. Lean meat isn't always for a pallette spoiled by fatty meat. We raised some Jersey steers once, they're milk cows and very lean; you had to add fatty meat for taste. Burgers were not good without it.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,551.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I understand gamey, in terms of taste. Lean meat isn't always for a pallet spoiled by fatty meat. We raised some Jersey steers once, they're milk cows and very lean; you had to add fatty meat for taste. Burgers were not good without it.
One thing I learned with kangaroo is that it does better if you cook it lightly. Overcook it and it can be quite dry.

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Friendly
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sadly for you (assuming you could get it), yes, kangaroo meat is also purine-rich and not helpful for gout.
I'll take the emu then.

I wish there was a day where Australians all ate a bunch of emu. and you guys wore cool hats. and I wish that day was today. :D

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll take the emu then.

I wish there was a day where Australians all ate a bunch of emu. and you guys wore cool hats. and I wish that day was today.
What is emu like, I wonder?

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree this issue is a molehill but it's a molehill which represents the tip of a mountain.

Over the 10 years of my CF membership, I've seen CF gradually narrow its focus from a reasonably open forum to a forum which appears to be dominated by the narrow ideology and theology of ultra-conservative American Christianity with a heavy emphasis on right wing US politics.

This is fine if it's intentional, but If CF wishes to attract a broad international Christian membership it needs to lose its US centricity and open up to a more liberal Christianity accessible to Christians from all over the world.

The Thanksgiving display is the molehill at the tip of the mountain.

OB
What's confusing to me, though, is if there were Emus dropping from the top of the screen for some other country's holiday, I would just assume that was because the site is an International Christian site.

I wouldn't feel like America's holidays/traditions were somehow being silenced, or marginalized.

I dunno. I guess we all perceive things differently.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
How does kangaroo taste, assuming you've tried?

Like a lighter form of beef, can be a bit gamey. Like most wild meat roo has a fairly low fat content so it can be good for you although it can easily dry out when cooking.

Overall - OK ,but not my favourite meat.

OB

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,551.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, there's OB being much more succinct than I was!

I've never eaten emu, so I can't comment on that.

Australians don't much go in for dress-up days. Maybe a fascinator for the Melbourne cup?

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
What's confusing to me, though, is if there were Emus dropping from the top of the screen for some other country's holiday, I would just assume that was because the site is an International Christian site.

I wouldn't feel like America's holidays/traditions were somehow being silenced, or marginalized.

I dunno. I guess we all perceive things differently.
Stop overthinking this Think-.

It was Australian humour based on the US centric nature of CF where it was automatically assumed that all non-American CFers celebrated, or knew about, Thanksgiving. There is an (perhaps unfair) American stereotype where Americans are depicted as knowing little of the world outside the US.

I actually thought someone had hacked the CF website with a barrage of green digital confetti and Welsh women's hats.

OB

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Australians don't much go in for dress-up days. Maybe a fascinator for the Melbourne cup?
Sometimes I wear thongs to the supermarket (oops - flip flops)

OB

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Stop overthinking this Think-.

It was Australian humour based on the US centric nature of CF where it was automatically assumed that all non-American CFers celebrated, or knew about, Thanksgiving. There is an (perhaps unfair) American stereotype where Americans are depicted as knowing little of the world outside the US.

I actually thought someone had hacked the CF website with a barrage of green digital confetti and Welsh women's hats.

OB
I know nothing at all about the Emu holiday.

But you have my sign-off on dropping some from the top of the page. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
The bad news is...everyone else can still see it.
You mean having removed the hats I can see you all without them but you still see me with mine?
A bit like Golden eagle.
Oh well as a Golden Eagle it doesn't matter much. I'm probably going to be eaten soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If you would like to disable all the holiday styling, here is how you can do it:

Click on your name in the upper right hand corner:

View attachment 323841

Click on the person with the gear on them(red arrow). Then click on Preferences(blue arrow).
View attachment 323842

Click on the box labeled Disable holiday styling to check the box(red arrow), and then click Save(blue arrow)
View attachment 323843

This will allow you to turn off all holiday styling for all holidays. You can always reenable it for the next holiday, not all holidays throughout the year are recognized though as a heads up. :)
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: George95
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,896.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You mean having removed the hats I can see you all without them but you still see me with mine?
I think that's how it works. You are hatted on my screen. I assume I am on yours (kinda suits me) - ah, no. I assume mine has dissapeared. But I guess you are not on yours. And I have to say again, @Occams Barber cracks me up every time. I just get the giggles. My wife keeps asking me what I find so funny. Or maybe it's the whisky sours...

Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I think that's how it works. You are hatted on my screen. I assume I am on yours (kinda suits me) - ah, no. I assume mine has dissapeared. But I guess you are not on yours. And I have to say again, @Occams Barber cracks me up every time. I just get the giggles. My wife keeps asking me what I find so funny. Or maybe it's the whisky sours...
One can only hope you will recover from your alcohololic over indulgence in time to return my stolen digiitiiy. :swoon:

OB

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bradskii's dashing hat is actually a hat traditionally worn by Welsh women,

Being Welsh, Bradskii knows this but is desperately trying to keep his cross dressing a secret.
OB

View attachment 323904
Well it looks like a pilgrim hat to me, but this makes it even more amusing. ^_^

Upvote 0