USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've never understood the argument. There's nuances to health that comprises several areas. Genes, ailments, access, beliefs and so on. Our decision to consume meat or opt for alternatives should be respected.

Our diet is wholly organic. Grass-fed beef, pasture raised pork, great poultry, fresh eggs and so on. It didn't happen overnight. We made gradual changes to reach this point. Last year we began consuming ancient grains and it revitalized my metabolism. I began making kombucha and eating more fermented foods. This year we've minimized take out. The food I have at home is better than I can get elsewhere.

So I'm cooking and baking more and making sourdough. We have homemade bone broths and freezer meals on the ready and there's room for improvement. I don't expect others to do the same. Maybe they're not in a season to do so or must prioritize other expenses.

Good food should be available to all. It shouldn't be available to some and cost prohibitive for others. Whether we opt for meat or not our options should be nourishing.

~bella

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All else considered, I've had some Impossible products, including their plant-based jerky and the Impossible Whopper from BK, and I gotta say they are quite good and stand well on their own, not just as meat alternatives. I eat meat and I still have got their plant-based jerky.
I attended High School in the late 70's Our cafeteria used to serve up hamburgers as a 2nd option to the lunch on the menu. The kids called them "soybean burgers" I called them delicious(okay, I was 16-17 years old). Question is; were they really "soybean burgers" in the 70's or a blend of veggie/beef, and why can't you find them now?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Fake meat is terrible for you = 4 min vid.

Dr. Berg isn't a medical doctor. He makes it sound like the ingredients in Beyond Burger are ominous, but most of them are perfectly safe in the amounts used in the food products mentioned.

Impossible Burger isn't meant to be health food. It's meant to be a sustainable alternative to meat for those occasions you just want to eat a hamburger.

Upvote 0