Visit site
✟354,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wonder if God will respond to a request I have made. He hasnt before now to this particular request. But recently I got angry at the difficulty and in a way that was good because it made me go to God about it all.

If your faith in Lord Jesus is true, and your request to God is within God's Will, then He will give what you requested.

1 John 5:13-15 (WEB)
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
14 This is the boldness which we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he listens to us. 15 And if we know that he listens to us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions which we have asked of him.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"faith working through love" (in Galatians 5:6)

If we seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, we are guaranteed all which our Heavenly Father has for us. We might not get some one item, but there is all the good which God does have for us.

"But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing," we have in Psalm 34:10.

So, are we seeking enough? We can get focused on what is inconvenient for our own lives, and miss out on or not notice so much more that God would share with us, so better.

Or, there can be things which warrant anger, which are angering to God, right?

Or . . . we have the example of "Paul's thorn" > 2 Corinthians 12:7-15. This I am sure involved things which would be reason for God Himself to be angry. So, yes Paul could be right to be angry about the thorn stuff which came with that "messenger of Satan" messing with him. But it seems Paul was letting it get the better of him, plus it would not go away! Even with all Paul's faith for healing and casting out devils, his prayer request in this case was not working.

And Paul begged "three times" for the Lord to make it go. So, it seems it was getting the better of Paul, somehow.

And what does Jesus say?

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." (in 2 Corinthians 12:10)

And after Paul got this word with Jesus, then was when Paul in God's grace could take "pleasure" in his troubles which were really for Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,669.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Both of your answers seem to imply my efforts so far have been inadequate to get God to answer or my actions wrong in some way. as if i can earn an answer from God.
i forget how charismatics tend to blame the person who is praying for having sin in their lives or lack of faith all the time, when the opposite is often true. For the person has already searched their life for sin to get rid of and it takes a lot faith to still believe in God's goodness in the face of God not answering a prayer.
sigh.
thanks anyway for trying to be helpful.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟354,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Both of your answers seem to imply my efforts so far have been inadequate to get God to answer or my actions wrong in some way. as if i can earn an answer from God.
i forget how charismatics tend to blame the person who is praying for having sin in their lives or lack of faith all the time, when the opposite is often true. For the person has already searched their life for sin to get rid of and it takes a lot faith to still believe in God's goodness in the face of God not answering a prayer.
sigh.
thanks anyway for trying to be helpful.

You are welcome.

Keep in mind though, that I did not blame you or anyone. What I did was honestly quote the verse regarding prayer being answered. What you feel about that verse has nothing to do with me blaming you.

As well, I am not a Charismatic or Pentecostal.

1 John 5:13-15 (WEB)
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
14 This is the boldness which we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he listens to us. 15 And if we know that he listens to us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions which we have asked of him.

Upvote 0